• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So strange that the game comes out this year, and all we've had are teaser trailers. I expected this one to explain some of the game's function. I guess that'd be more suited for a publicly accessible trailer though.

DNAbro

What do you expect from a 'true blowout'? They're not going to be doing what they did with Persona 3 and Persona 4 with Persona 5, ever.

just gameplay details really. I want to know exactly how the "cooperation" mechanic works and how the dungeons work.

VegiHam

It does? Huh. Mine only has sound effects for some reason, and I'm not seeing any options to disable or enable music, which is why I've been playing the soundtrack myself instead. I wonder if I've messed up the installation or something.

Huh, I dunno man. For me it even plays 'snowflakes' on snowy days instead of the usual soundtrack, and has appropriate social link stuff...

Lunar15

What do you expect from a 'true blowout'? They're not going to be doing what they did with Persona 3 and Persona 4 with Persona 5, ever.

I guess blowout is the wrong term, but I guess I just mean something more substantial beyond hinting at the story and setting the tone.

I'm pretty fine with this, as we have no idea when the game's going to come out and too much info would just spoil me and it'd be awful.

Going by the tone of AtlusUSA and the general stinginess with P5 info so far, I think they really do want to keep it close to their chest. This is a good thing, if not slightly infuriating from the rabid fanboy side of my brain.

Pachimari

First people shout the 12, 24 and 8 hours left stuff and now are fine with another trade and waiting for the "real" blowout. Fuck me.

Sorry for the harsh tone but it is tiring. And this wait haven't been fun.

artsi

First people shout the 12, 24 and 8 hours left stuff and now are fine with another trade and waiting for the "real" blowout. Fuck me.

Sorry for the harsh tone but it is tiring.

Thankfully I'm patient for Persona 5. Though this wait haven't been fun.

Well, generally when you've eaten even the greatest hunger goes away.
We're satisfied for some time again, lol.

I'm afraid no one caught that broadcast, it's not showing up.
He gave just a very vague heads up a few minutes before and doesn't feel to be in a mood to show it again.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Sorry for the harsh tone but it is tiring. And this wait haven't been fun.

To be fair I've adopted the stance of not really caring early on.

It's a good outlook to have.

Well, generally when you've eaten even the greatest hunger goes away.
We're satisfied for some time again, lol.

I'm afraid no one caught that broadcast, it's not showing up.
He gave just a very vague heads up a few minutes before and doesn't feel to be in a mood to show it again.

Well it least it gives him good culpability. Just drop it and wait for the next soul to take the plunge.

Not super feeling the music for now.

Also is the voice from arsene?
Maybe he does play a bigger role this time.

It was the I art thou lines for the first set.

The last bit I didn't quite catch (that filter making it all dramatic and reverby made it hard to tell what exactly he was saying.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It was the I art thou lines for the first set.

The last bit I didn't quite catch (that filter making it all dramatic and reverby made it hard to tell what exactly he was saying.

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. They seem to be giving him a lot of flavour with that laugh. Usually the intros are pretty cut and dry (and also not voiced if I remember).

PK Gaming

So the trailer was pretty cool!

I think, had they shown this at E3, it would have whipped the fans into a frenzy and generated some serious hype. Oh well, Atlus does what they want.

FluxWaveZ

I think, had they shown this at E3, it would have whipped the fans into a frenzy and generated some serious hype. Oh well, Atlus does what they want.

Such a mediocre reveal for such a fantastic trailer. PV02 honestly deserves more than how it's been revealed, through trolls and constant screenshots, up to this point.

Shouta

Quick and dirty translation of the voiced narration:

Voice: What's wrong? Are you just going to watch?
Voice: Was that a mistake?
Voice: Heh, that's right. That's as it should be. I am you, you are I.
Voice: For the sake of the justice you believed in, make the blasphemers repent!
Voice: Now, begin!

At the end of the trailer:

Voice: We will meet again... at the moment your destiny has been determined. Hahahaha!

Edit: Woops, meant for the actual trailer thread but this works too!

Tamanon

Banned

Voice: For the sake of the justice you believed in, make the blasphemers repent!

Voice: We will meet again... at the moment your destiny has been determined. Hahahaha!

Very interesting. Makes it almost look like Arsene is driving the MC, not just presenting himself as a tool.

Sounds like there may be a theme of fighting against one's destiny or fate? Maybe it's tied with all the imagery of chains.

Hopefully they do it better than FFXIII, but that's a low bar.

Sophia

I have no idea why they wasted an entire Blu-Ray on a two minute trailer. That could have been shown off at E3 for much greater effect marketing wise.

Edit: Woops, meant for the actual trailer thread but this works too!

I tried translating it myself, but I couldn't figure out what that line was. I feel pretty glad knowing I was close on the rest of it tho.

Sounds like there may be a theme of fighting against one's destiny or fate? Maybe it's tied with all the imagery of chains.

Hopefully they do it better than FFXIII, but that's a low bar.

The bar is Xenoblade.

I have no idea why they wasted an entire Blu-Ray on a two minute trailer. That could have been shown off at E3 for much greater effect marketing wise.

Because DVDs are for peasants.

Shouta

I tried translating it myself, but I couldn't figure out what that line was. I feel pretty glad knowing I was close on the rest of it tho.

I think I got that line right. If I'm hearing it right, it should be あまねく冒涜を顧みるなものよ! 

Sophia

I think I got that line right. If I'm hearing it right, it should be あまねく冒涜を顧みるなものよ! 

Yeah I think it's right. It was "冒涜" that threw me off. I didn't recognize that. I'm still pretty much a noob when it comes to Japanese. ;_;

That and it being a central theme of the story, but we're getting off track.

Yeah, but to me it will always remind me of those visions mostly, even if it is a central theme.

Back to P5, I enjoyed the trailer, but I'll echo the sentiments of others: no reason to put this on a Bluray, should have just put this out around E3 time while everyone was in video game fever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom