• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

The game is super weird where it kind of begs to broken. Naoto with impure reach just destroys everything. Though my personal problem with that if you are going to break the game, why not just put it on a lower difficulty anyways?

I gone through the 3rd labyrinth constantly switching up my team, never sticking with one group and I feel like the game punishes you by doing that. i am pretty sure I am a bit underleveled for labyrinth 4 so I'm thinking of just lowering the difficulty in order to play how I like rather than just constantly using Naoto to destroy people.

You should consider playing on hard and putting on self-imposed restrictions:

-No status effects
-No binds
-No instant kills
-Healing Hands + Fuuka is illegal

That's pretty much my go-to for subsequent PQ playthroughs. It's reasonably challenging and pretty dang fun.

DNAbro

-No status effects
-No binds
-No instant kills

That's pretty much my go-to for subsequent PQ playthroughs. It's reasonably challenging and pretty dang fun.

having enough trouble just playing normally lol

-No status effects
-No binds
-No instant kills

Minus the Fuuka part, that was mostly how I did my first playthrough, I didn't use links much either. It stayed pretty challenging throughout, much more enjoyable than just cheesing every battle with the same tactic.

VegiHam

So I pushed on past the boss I couldn't beat in Persona Q and was confronted with a bunch of plot twists half of which I totally called and half of which I didn't. So now I have a question (PQ and P4A spoilers):
Is Niko Labrys' mother? Cus there's a ton of similarities there which match up TOO well...

:p

Only because I'm curious... can you... eh... eh... you know... do "it".... in Persona 4?

No, Dawg. There's no Hot Coffee in P4.

You can "Spend a long time" with the lady of your choice, though.

EDIT:

So I pushed on past the boss I couldn't beat in Persona Q and was confronted with a bunch of plot twists half of which I totally called and half of which I didn't. So now I have a question (PQ and P4A spoilers):
Is Niko Labrys' mother? Cus there's a ton of similarities there which match up TOO well...

Well, it would help validate its existence, would it not?

FluxWaveZ

So now I have a question (PQ and P4A spoilers):

Yeah, a lot of stuff potentially do match up, but I think the simple fact that
Rei lacks an accent
means it might not have been planned that way. The years might not match up completely, too, and I also doubt that they would have put that much thought into it.

It would be a great way to tie the lore together, though. It'd make me think better of P4A's backstory.

VegiHam

Well, it would help validate its existence, would it not?
The game was already validated by Kanji and Ken's subplot though. Also Anything with Yosuke and Aigis is gold.
Yeah, a lot of stuff potentially do match up, but I think the simple fact that
Rei lacks an accent
means it might not have been planned that way. The years might not match up completely, too, and I also doubt that they would have put that much thought into it.

It would be a great way to tie the lore together, though. It'd make me think better of P4A's backstory.
Hmmm, the
accent
thing doesn't work, true. But the amount of stuff that does is impressive enough that I'll go with it. Is this what the kids are calling headcanon?

The game was already validated by Kanji and Ken's subplot though. Also Anything with Yosuke and Aigis is gold.

Hmmm, the
accent
thing doesn't work, true. But the amount of stuff that does is impressive enough that I'll go with it. Is this what the kids are calling headcanon?

I don't remember all the details on the girl behind the Shadow Androids, so I'm partly going off the wiki, but isn't Aigis based off the same person as Labrys? and Aigis doesn't have an accent. Or was it stated that Labrys got the accent from her mother?

I think the big problem I have with
the theory that Rei is the Shadow Androids' mother is that Rei's entire conflict is that her life was completely meaningless, she never achieved or did anything significant and spent all her time in the hospital. The girl who the androids was based off allowed herself to be used in order to be useful. I don't think that quite lines up with Rei.

Hmmm, the
accent

There's been some explanation from a few theories that she could have lost her Kansai accent between the time when she was used as Labrys' template and the time she died, eventually becoming more like the hospital staff she would have associated with.

I don't remember all the details on the girl behind the Shadow Androids, so I'm partly going off the wiki, but isn't Aigis based off the same person as Labrys? and Aigis doesn't have an accent. Or was it stated that Labrys got the accent from her mother?

If I remember right, (P4A/P3)
with Labrys they tried a direct transplant of sorts with the Shadow Androids' mother, hence why she has the accent. Aigis, however, came later and was given a unique personality, made possible by their earlier experiments with Labrys. Since Aigis takes less from the mother directly and is more artificial in nature, she has no accent and sounds more like a robot.

the theory that Rei is the Shadow Androids' mother is that Rei's entire conflict is that her life was completely meaningless, she never achieved or did anything significant and spent all her time in the hospital. The girl who the androids was based off allowed herself to be used in order to be useful. I don't think that quite lines up with Rei.

This is the reason I think that (PQ/P4A)
Niko can't be the android's mother. It kinda makes Niko's entire problem in PQ not make any sense.

VegiHam

I guess I'm seeing it a lot like in Persona 4
where the shadows are things you're worried MIGHT be true. Eg Kanji is worried about being perceived as Gay, Yosuke isn't sure if he'll ever be satisfied in Inaba, that kind of thing. I doubt Robomom got introduced to any top secret robots since the robots were all being used to kill each other on an island. So she went to her death worried that maybe it didn't work out and for all she knows her life could've been totally meaningless, since she has no definative proof otherwise?
There's been some explanation from a few theories that she could have lost her Kansai accent between the time when she was used as Labrys' template and the time she died, eventually becoming more like the hospital staff she would have associated with.
Oooh, I like this explanation! Thanks!

I guess I'm seeing it a lot like in Persona 4
where the shadows are things you're worried MIGHT be true. Eg Kanji is worried about being perceived as Gay, Yosuke isn't sure if he'll ever be satisfied in Inaba, that kind of thing. I doubt Robomom got introduced to any top secret robots since the robots were all being used to kill each other on an island. So she went to her death worried that maybe it didn't work out and for all she knows her life could've been totally meaningless, since she has no definative proof otherwise?

Yeah, a person's shadow isn't exactly the most reliable source of character insight, even in P4.

Sorry if this is a little off-topic guys, but I need to say it somewhere.

So, I ordered Devil Survivor 2: Break Record from ebten, because it came with the arrange CD and a special wall scroll poster.

I paid for it with PayPal and I thought all was good. My card said the money was sent to them, and everything was great.

So, January 29, 2015 rolls around and the game releases. I wonder why exactly the game hasn't been delivered to Tenso yet, and they tell me that they need the PayPal unique transaction ID. I accidentally gave them the wrong one, but now I corrected it and gave them the right one.

The only thing is: My PayPal says it is an "Authorization", yet money has come off of my card and been given to them. So, why is it "Pending"? In the description of the transaction, it says that the money was sent, too.

When I ordered Ultimax from ebten, it said "Authorization" and "Pending" and even that it expired (which is probably a glitch, as PayPal said they got the money the day I ordered it), and the money was still sent the day I paid for it and it was delivered to Tenso without them needing the transaction ID.

Now, with Break Record, there's a problem, even though they have the money.

What do I do? Sorry for this being off-topic, and I'm sorry if I shouldn't be posting this here.

To better explain the PayPal part: PayPal says all pre-orders are pending authorizations, even though the money is sent the day you order it, not the day it is available. The transaction even reflects that fact. Because ebten uses a personal account and not a business account, it acts as if you were sending money to someone, so it says "Authorization" instead of "Completed" However, the money was still sent.

Sophia

PQ/P3/P4A/P4AU spoilers incoming! You have been warned. No crying if you get spoiled!

If I remember right, (P4A/P3)
with Labrys they tried a direct transplant of sorts with the Shadow Androids' mother, hence why she has the accent. Aigis, however, came later and was given a unique personality, made possible by their earlier experiments with Labrys. Since Aigis takes less from the mother directly and is more artificial in nature, she has no accent and sounds more like a robot.

You are not remembering right.
The other models of Labrys's generation did not have an accent either. That trait is unique to her and her alone. Why she has an accent was not explained, other than apparently having a larger plume of dusk than the other models.

Also, in regards to
Aigis, she is not based off any one specific girl, like Labrys's generation is. Rather, her personality is a composite personality created using the data from several different girls. This is noted by the girl who talks to Aigis in the Daylight/Moonlight drama CDs, as well as in the interview section of the P4A artbook.

I do not know if Niko is the basis for Labrys's mother. There is a ton of evidence to suggest it, but nothing definite regardless. Post reveal, they have similar personalities and their backstories and dates match up. The only inconsistency is the accent, which I do not really care to try and explain away.

See above: Aigis is not based off the same person as Labrys. She's not even based off any person.

We don't actually know what happened to that girl after we saw the scene from Labrys's/Unit #24's memories. We know she wanted to make herself useful to the world, and we know thanks to Ultimax that she ultimately did. But what happened between the scenes we saw in Arena and her death are a total mystery. She may have not known how useful she was to the world.

Yeah, a person's shadow isn't exactly the most reliable source of character insight, even in P4.

Actually, their shadows are an extremely reliable source of insight. The problem is that most people are unfamiliar of the Jungian concept of shadows that Persona uses.

Actually, their shadows are an extremely reliable source of insight. The problem is that most people are unfamiliar of the Jungian concept of shadows that Persona uses.

Pretty much what I meant. A source of informations kind of useless if one doesn't know how to interpret it. Or even worse, if one thinks they know how and end up completely misinterpret it.

VegiHam

Wait, are you guys sayings I'm misinterpreting it?
Wouldn't having your memories of your trauma forcefully repressed MAKE them a part of your shadow?

Sophia

Wait, are you guys sayings I'm misinterpreting it?
Wouldn't having your memories of your trauma forcefully repressed MAKE them a part of your shadow?

Your interpretations are actually pretty close, if not completely accurate. Usually people end up thinking the shadow is a person's opposite, which doesn't make any sense if you actually think about it.

VegiHam

Your interpretations are actually pretty close, if not completely accurate. Usually people end up thinking the shadow is a person's opposite, which doesn't make any sense if you actually think about it.
Huh? That's crazy. They're Shadow Complexes, like in Jungian Psychology right? With a little bit of Honne/Tatamae thrown in for Japanese relatability.

Precisely. It's not your evil twin, it's just your inner ugliness with none of your other aspects to hold it back.

Sophia

Huh? That's crazy. They're Shadow Complexes, like in Jungian Psychology right? With a little bit of Honne/Tatamae thrown in for Japanese relatability.

Pretty much. Persona 2 and Persona 4 had slightly different interpretations of the Jungian concept of Shadows, but it's all based off the same thing. I attribute people not understanding the concept to it partially being explained too early in the game, and partially people just not caring or paying attention. :p

spoiler bars as far as the eye can see, haha

Be glad. Mine could have been longer, but I lack the motivation right now. Too hungry.

VegiHam

Pretty much. Persona 2 and Persona 4 had slightly different interpretations of the Jungian concept of Shadows, but it's all based off the same thing. I attribute people not understanding the concept to it partially being explained too early in the game, and partially people just not caring or paying attention. :p
I haven't played persona 2 yet. I think the concept just kinda resonated with me so it stuck in my head.

tumblr_mm3d53Y8ng1rl6ypdo1_500.gif

Sophia

I have no one to blame but myself for dawdling on the whole finishing PQ thing.

It would have just been a long novel about why Aigis and Labrys are the best two Persona characters and how robots are going to
take over the world
bring everlasting peace to the world.

You're not missing much, really.

The other models of Labrys's generation did not have an accent either. That trait is unique to her and her alone. Why she has an accent was not explained, other than apparently having a larger plume of dusk than the other models.

Also, in regards to
Aigis, she is not based off any one specific girl, like Labrys's generation is. Rather, her personality is a composite personality created using the data from several different girls. This is noted by the girl who talks to Aigis in the Daylight/Moonlight drama CDs, as well as in the interview section of the P4A artbook.

Ah, thanks for the clarification! That's what I meant about Aigis, I just phrased it pretty incoherently. As for Labrys, I was so sure that was what happened, but as I looked at her story mode in Arena I got a slow creep of doubt.

Does anyone know if there's a creator interview in the PQ artbook? That might shed some light if it ever gets translated. EDIT: Seems there is one, but I didn't see any translations after an admittedly quick search. Hopefully Udon will localize it though, I love my other art books.

PQ/P3/P4A/P4AU spoilers incoming! You have been warned. No crying if you get spoiled!

Also, in regards to

I do not know if Niko is the basis for Labrys's mother. There is a ton of evidence to suggest it, but nothing definite regardless. Post reveal, they have similar personalities and their backstories and dates match up. The only inconsistency is the accent, which I do not really care to try and explain away.

See above: Aigis is not based off the same person as Labrys. She's not even based off any person.

We don't actually know what happened to that girl after we saw the scene from Labrys's/Unit #24's memories. We know she wanted to make herself useful to the world, and we know thanks to Ultimax that she ultimately did. But what happened between the scenes we saw in Arena and her death are a total mystery. She may have not known how useful she was to the world.

I actually just got round to listening to Moonlight.
If the girl who talks to Aigis is different from the one that Labrys is based on, then there's a lot of plot relevant hospitalised girls in the Persona universe.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)

Yeah. I'm leaving this thread alone until after the stream.

I just hope that we get something about P5, otherwise it'll be more disappointing than walking into the velvet room and finding a poem on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom