• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marche90

Reading this thread has reminded me that I need to get PQ at some point during the year. Ah, well.

Btw, guys, can anyone here leave the exact time (with timezone) and date of the next stream? I've been a *little* out of the loop regarding Persona news

Sophia

I actually just got round to listening to Moonlight.
If the girl who talks to Aigis is different from the one that Labrys is based on, then there's a lot of plot relevant hospitalised girls in the Persona universe.
Well, not really.
At the absolute most, there's three.

No, CrimsonFist is right.

Aigis: "Then... my personality was created using you as a model?"

Mysterious Girl: "There's no direct corelation. There were several different test subjects, after all. You are you. It's just that we had a direct link so I was able to talk to you when you first woke up. That's right... In human terms, I guess I'm kinda like your mother or something? A-Ah, but, based on our outward appearances, I guess I look more like your younger sister?"

How many of them are hospitalized girls is anyone's guess. But assuming that Labrys's mother and Niko are not one and the same, then we have at least four.

Reading this thread has reminded me that I need to get PQ at some point during the year. Ah, well.

Btw, guys, can anyone here leave the exact time (with timezone) and date of the next stream? I've been a *little* out of the loop regarding Persona news

I made a little list earlier this week for the EST time. Someone should double check on this in case I made a mistake.
  • p-ch.jp/live countdown ends: 3:30am EST
  • Persona Super Live 2015: 4:30am EST - ???
  • 30-hour countdown: Feb 3, 11pm EST - Feb 5, 5am EST

Arue put this together for EST a couple pages back.

Marche90

Thanks, Cannon_fodder, CrimsonFist and Arue.

As I've said, I haven't really visited this thread a lot lately, so I had no idea she had put that in the last page :p

EDIT: Holy fuck, 3:30 AM? Persona November countdown round 2...! D:

No, CrimsonFist is right.

Aigis: "Then... my personality was created using you as a model?"

Mysterious Girl: "There's no direct corelation. There were several different test subjects, after all. You are you. It's just that we had a direct link so I was able to talk to you when you first woke up. That's right... In human terms, I guess I'm kinda like your mother or something? A-Ah, but, based on our outward appearances, I guess I look more like your younger sister?"

How many of them are hospitalized girls, but assuming that Labrys's mother and Niko are not one and the same, then we have four.

Oh. Well, that kind of dilutes it.
But if that's the case, why does Labrys only seem interested in one? Maybe the girl meant there were several subjects for the ASSWs as a whole, not several per individual unit?

And another thing. How exactly does physical appearance get taken into account? Maybe there was a subject for each aspect of the ASSW (Face, personality, etc.)?
Still, thanks for filling me in on that.

Sophia

But if that's the case, why does Labrys only seem interested in one? Maybe the girl meant there were several subjects for the ASSWs as a whole, not several per individual unit?

And another thing. How exactly does physical appearance get taken into account? Maybe there was a subject for each aspect of the ASSW (Face, personality, etc.)?

Welcome to the very reason I want a compendium like book for Persona 3 onward. Having all the information in one place would be really nice. :p

Labrys herself, if I recall correctly, is only based off that one girl, as is the rest of the 5th generation. The P4A interview mentions that Aigis's personality is a composite, where as Labrys's is not. Again, assuming I'm recalling the interview correctly. I have the transcript at home, but I'm not currently there so...

I thought the outward appearance line was just referring to the fact that she looks younger than Aigis. The girl in Moonlight is described as having black hair.

CorvoSol

It would have just been a long novel about why Aigis and Labrys are the best two Persona characters and how robots are going to
take over the world
bring everlasting peace to the world.

You're not missing much, really.

If Aigis and Labrys are the best, where does that leave Metis and Genesis?

DEAR JRPGS: DON'T NAME CHARACTERS GENESIS. I HAVE SOME TRAUMA

PK Gaming

Re: Labrys and Persona Q (spoilers for both P4AU and PQ)

I don't think Labrys's mother and Niko are related at all, aside from the fact that they were both confined to hospitals.

Niko died at a young age due to a complication in surgery, whereas Labrys's mother was diagnosed with a fatal disease, and willingly submitted herself to many examinations in order to help doctors better understand said disease.

Going even further, Niko's entire character hinges on the fact that she views her own life as meaningless. She claims she died without achieving anything or being loved by anyone. I don't think that applies to Labrys's mother, consider she was responsible for helping doctors better understand and treat her illness AND she was the base personality for 5th generation anti shadow suppression weapons. Also, considering that Niko had to shave her hair off, it's highly implied that her disease was cancer.

Sophia

Metis
is just the byproduct of Aigis, and therefore they are technically one and the same person.

Genesis canonically does not exist, so screw him.

Welcome to the very reason I want a compendium like book for Persona 3 onward. Having all the information in one place would be really nice. :p

Labrys herself, if I recall correctly, is only based off that one girl, as is the rest of the 5th generation. The P4A interview mentions that Aigis's personality is a composite, where as Labrys's is not. Again, assuming I'm recalling the interview correctly. I have the transcript at home, but I'm not currently there so...

It would make sense to have Aigis be created differently from Labrys since
she went berserk. At least those psychopaths at ergonomics learned something.

Metis isn't real. She's also shit.

And that goes for Gacktbot, too!

You're right about that. In the P4A interview, Yuichiro Tanaka from Index says that
"They basically copied and pasted one person's entire psyche into Labrys..." and that "Aigis, on the other hand, was installed with a basic personality that was a mix of several people and edited heavily..." He doesn't specify if this applies to all Gen 5 androids.

Sophia

Metis isn't real. She's also shit.

And that goes for Gacktbot, too!

Metis is Aigis, which means you just said Aigis is shit. I do believe you have just declared war against robot life itself. Skynet has been deployed. Have a good day.

You're right about that. In the P4A interview, Yuichiro Tanaka from Index says that
"They basically copied and pasted one person's entire psyche into Labrys..." and that "Aigis, on the other hand, was installed with a basic personality that was a mix of several people and edited heavily..." He doesn't specify if this applies to all Gen 5 androids.

Huzzah! I like being right. >.>

It's not explicitly specified, but I like to think that seeing as the information about the girl came from Unit #24 (an older unit), that they were all based off the same girl.

It's not explicitly specified, but I like to think that seeing as the information about the girl came from Unit #24 (an older unit), that they were all based off the same girl.

I think that's a safe assumption. I just wanted to point out that he only ever refers to Labrys in that interview for accuracy's sake. The game dialog kinda fills in the blanks from there.

Nap1400

I don't get why so many people are expecting anything beyond minor cameos for any previous entries in P5. Nothing in history suggests they would ever do that considering everything that features the P4 cast has been labelled as such.

I guess that's not quite the case with P3 in regards to P4U but that was a dream game anyway, it doesn't count

possibly a party member?

plus for giggles

#yuforp5pls
he does move back to the city.
I think that's believable. The whole "more detailed character" things is usually a stable of how things like that are animated. At the least, she may be an important character, if not a party member.

Makio

possibly a party member?.

I always think she got so detailed in that shot , because she is in the front of the camera or in the close-up of the shot.

But so part of me wants to believe she is a character in the game , she have a simple but great design.

The thing i love about Yukiko , simple but beautiful.

PD Hell she even have a black coat ... maybe a uniform of the P5 school.

PK Gaming

possibly a party member?

Damn, I hope not. Mika Shimotsuki needs to stay the hell away from Persona.

plus for giggles

#yuforp5pls
he does move back to the city.

kl6uUzm.png

xrBGqvS.png

(Original comic here)

Zebetite

Banned

A friend of mine is about to play Crisis Core for the first time and asked me what I thought of it.

I said, "It's really surprisingly good except for one very unfortunate character who basically ruins the whole damn thing. It's a lot better if you pretend he doesn't exist."

---

I have two floors left in Persona Q!

Jintor

I was going to beat the final boss last night but I had work today (well, I have work today, I'm there slacking off right now...) and I ran out of batteries

stupid 3ds battery life

Dawg

So just beat the mini-boss on floor 7 of the Rise dungeon. I'm level 29, Kanji is level 29, Yukiko is lvl 27 and Yosuke is level 27 too.

Should I grind now? Any specific personas to go for? I heard the next battle can be quite tough. Is it best to just grind the second to last floor over and over?

So just beat the mini-boss on floor 7 of the Rise dungeon. I'm level 29, Kanji is level 29, Yukiko is lvl 27 and Yosuke is level 27 too.

Should I grind now? Any specific personas to go for? I heard the next battle can be quite tough. Is it best to just grind the second to last floor over and over?

Have a persona that is either immune or absorbs ice ideally one with media or mediarama and you're golden for the upcoming boss. Just remember to guard when the boss does any kind of charge ability. Generally if you redo the previous dungeon for quest items and then run though the new dungeon you'll get enough exp to be at level without excess grinding.

Sophia

The dungeon boss is level 35 and you always fight boss battles within five levels of the boss.

You're fine. Just proceed normally and figure out the best startegy/persona setup you can. Worst case scenario you need to gain a level or two for the ideal Persona.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom