• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh man i thought this was Minato..
Wasnt ryoji basically a fabrication of his memory or something so he appeared looking slightly like Minato?
or something like that..

Ehhh...
He spent a good part of Minato's life sealed within him. That explains why they have the same VA.

Marche90

263763.jpg

Mika Shimotsuki's a character from the second season of the Psycho Pass anime, also known for her hair scrunchie.

Oh. That explains it. I've never watched Psycho-pass, so I was unfamiliar with the character. Thanks!

And more spoilerbars! yay! soon we'll have enough to use in a prison! :D

oh man i thought this was Minato..
Wasnt ryoji basically a fabrication of his memory or something so he appeared looking slightly like Minato?
or something like that..

Technically...
Makoto/ Minato harbored Death inside of him for so long that death grew human emotions, and became Ryoji

Also, how much of the last 3 or so pages of spoilers were PQ spoilers? I didn't dare click on a single spoiler in case it was a PQ spoiler, but i have played the rest of the games that were "spoiled"

Technically...
Makoto/ Minato harbored Death inside of him for so long that death grew human emotions, and became Ryoji

Also, how much of the last 3 or so pages of spoilers were PQ spoilers? I didn't dare click on a single spoiler in case it was a PQ spoiler, but i have played the rest of the games that were "spoiled"

Quite a bit. With a few Arena spoilers for good measure.

PK Gaming

I CANNOT express how much i hate Mika. She damn near killed PP for me. Hopefully the movie turns it around

I EMPHATICALLY disagree with you man; I absolutely adored Mika. In fact, she damn near saved the train wreck that was season 2 for me. It sounds like i'm being facetious, but i'm not, this character is goddamn amazing.

CorvoSol

The Answer

Just fought the first boss and I'm already fed up with this. First off, reeeeeeally hate the lack of cast control. Fuck whatever strategy it's meant to give me, it drives me nuts watching Akihiko dig himself into an early grave every turn. Second, Goooood I hate the shitty "it takes you like three turns to kill an enemy it takes them one turn to kill you" thing going on in this game. Whoever designed the enemies for this section can GET FUCKED because making things weak to ice and dark and having them sling Ice and Electricity when all I can have are Yukari and Akihiko is pretty much asshole game design.

But most annoying of all is the whole Visceral Mayas reflecting bash attacks. Hoooooly shit. Two of my party members use that! I just really don't like how if you -don't- know ahead of time who to bring to any fight, random or not, you're fucked.

Also not a fan of only being able to safely exit -after- I've fought a boss.

Nap1400

Ha, perfect timing, I can finally click on those spoiler boxes for Persona Q.

Although
I kinda figured out the whole "Rei is dead all along" thing by the time of the third dungeon. Those quotes made by the Kind Doctor kinda gave it away.

Lusankya

The Answer
First off, reeeeeeally hate the lack of cast control.

I don't know, usually after using the Analysis option on the enemy my party members always did what I wanted. You need to adjust their preference, but otherwise for me it was like controlling them directly 95% of the time.

CorvoSol

I don't know, usually after using the Analysis option on the enemy my party members always did what I wanted. You need to adjust their preference, but otherwise for me it was like controlling them directly 95% of the time.

I don't really see it that way at all, but there's still that horrible first round. And unfortunately this fucking game has been "you either get things right in round one or you take it up the nose for the rest of the fight" thus far. God help you if the enemy gets the first turn.

Meia

I don't really see it that way at all, but there's still that horrible first round. And unfortunately this fucking game has been "you either get things right in round one or you take it up the nose for the rest of the fight" thus far. God help you if the enemy gets the first turn.

Making use of your party AI is literally all about scanning the enemy, as the AI really does play off it. It's kind of "dumb" until it knows what the enemy itself is weak to, then will act accordingly based on the "rules" of what AI routine it's set to. You're having a way harder time with this at first because you're meant to play the Answer after the Journey, and that means the FES version of it, not the P3P version. In other words, you should have a great handle on how to control of the AI to do precisely what you want it to do. :p

Act Freely: Will priortize attacking a weakness if they can, then attack the same enemy again with it. Will heal anyone below 33% health if able.

Knock Down: Will prioritize attacking a weakness if they can, then attack the next enemy. If they can't use an elemental attack, will use a physical to try and crit to knock it down. If all enemies are down, or cannot physically attack the enemy/hit a weakness with a spell, will pass their turn. Will never heal.

Full Assault: Will prioritize attacking a weakness if they can, then attack the same enemy with it. Will never heal, and will use strongest attacks when able.

Heal/Support: Will prioritize using support spells if able(buff/debuff). Will heal anyone below ~66% health if able. Otherwise, will attack an enemy with a weakness if they can, or physically attack if not.

You're always going to struggle the first time you face a new shadow, but that's honestly how it should be. Certainly makes them a lot more threatening instead of the speed bumps they become after FES. :p

Only "bullshit" feeling I have about the Answer is how most enemies that have a weakness will also have a 66% chance of dodging said weakness(almost all have "Evade ****").

Verder

I EMPHATICALLY disagree with you man; I absolutely adored Mika. In fact, she damn near saved the train wreck that was season 2 for me. It sounds like i'm being facetious, but i'm not, this character is goddamn amazing.

I freaking loved togane.
Especially when he made Mika flip her shit
. I wonder if he actually psychologically sccared her when she's shows in the movie. I'll have to wait and see though...
I couldn't care for Kamui at all. Boring half ass antagonist.

CorvoSol

I dunno, if I was just struggling I'd imagine it'd be like PQ and I'd get through a fight at cost of HP and SP, but it feels more like "Please enjoy being fucking dead in two turns."

Playing this it makes it clear why they made it optional down the road: it's not exactly the most fluid and enjoyable thing. Still, control of the cast isn't the only issue I'm having. I'd go so far as to say that none of the problems I'm having on its own would piss me off that much, but when they all combine it just sort of creates an irritating experience.

Meia

I dunno, if I was just struggling I'd imagine it'd be like PQ and I'd get through a fight at cost of HP and SP, but it feels more like "Please enjoy being fucking dead in two turns."

Playing this it makes it clear why they made it optional down the road: it's not exactly the most fluid and enjoyable thing.

Persona 3:FES was the closest feeling in regards to the SMT series pretty much. Playing in the Answer feels a lot like playing Hard on SMT: Nocturne, where sometimes it does boil down to luck, so it's understandable it's not for everyone. It's why flat out tell anyone who asks "If you liked the gameplay of P3:FES, you may like the Answer. For most, it's better just to Youtube the story scenes."

Answer is a canonical thing, so it has to be seen, but that's what Youtube is for in the worst case scenario. :D

CorvoSol

Persona 3:FES was the closest feeling in regards to the SMT series pretty much. Playing in the Answer feels a lot like playing Hard on SMT: Nocturne, where sometimes it does boil down to luck, so it's understandable it's not for everyone. It's why flat out tell anyone who asks "If you liked the gameplay of P3:FES, you may like the Answer. For most, it's better just to Youtube the story scenes."

Answer is a canonical thing, so it has to be seen, but that's what Youtube is for in the worst case scenario. :D

And I was just thinking I might like to check out Nocturne. Back to where we were at the end of SMT4 then: not in a thousand billion years. Not if I can't control my party.

Meia

You can control your party, he was just talking about the sheer difficulty of it all. Nocturne is a very unforgiving game.

This. Nocturne on hard has the capability of wiping you out before you even move at a certain point in the game where enemies specialize in AoE physical attacks, have a high crit rate(which means another turn), and love getting a preemptive hit in before you can even more. It's "fun."

CorvoSol

How many Floors is The Abyss of Time, anyway? I only have like, 15 days to play this before I gotta leave town and the PS3 behind.

CorvoSol

are you being chased by the mob corvo

or persona 1 fans

PERSONA 1 FANS HATE HIM

but I still think P1 is the best game in the first half of the series.

Persona Q

I just finished Evil Spirit Club and I have to ask:
What is with this series and sick girls in hospitals? First Maki, now Rei and Labrys' mother?

GSR

Posted here yet? The schedule for the 30-hour livestream is up:

(All times in JST.)

February 4th:
13:00~
Countdown stream begins! (Greetings from the host, Teddie)

14:00~
Persona Q character video gallery

15:00~
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax character video gallery

18:00~
Persona 4: The Golden Vita the Best edition celebration. Includes past promotional videos, and a presentation of the top 10 Persona 4 Golden characters voted on by fans.

19:30~
Best Hit Persona Sound 25. Playing the top 25 songs voted on by fans.

21:30~
Persona 3 the Movie #1 and #2 digest. Digests (presumably cut-down versions) of both films will be shown.

23:40~
??????

February 5th:
12:30~
??????

13:00~
Best Hit Persona Sound 25 (repeat)

15:00~
Persona 4: The Golden Vita the Best edition celebration (repeat)

17:00~
?????? (repeat)

Teddie's final countdown begins

Special Nihon Budokan edition of Persona Stalker Club, featuring the latest info on the series.

21:00~
??????

GSR

Yeah, and we can probably make a few guesses at some of the ?????s as well. (Persona 3 the Movie #3 will probably be after the #1/#2 section, P5 will probably be saved for the end.)

Do we have a solid answer to if the concert itself is being streamed or not?

(The site's popping up a username and password prompt for me now. Looks like someone screwed up the update...)

http://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv207848769 nico nico link. It's not region locked. The movie digest will probably be like the half hour version of Spring of Birth we got as part of the Datsu Nugu stream.

Super Live would be at 18:30, so if it is part of the stream then there's a nice space for it to fit in.

The site's been completely revamped and the lock is still there. Seems like they're putting a lot of significance on it now. No mention of the stream at all on that site either. I'm wondering if this is going to be like the Nov 24th event, where they have a live event to compliment the stream, but that isn't part of the stream.

FluxWaveZ

On the Nico nico page that's the only one in red.

Ah, weird distinction between the news post and the Niconico page, sorry. Heh, well if that wasn't to make something blatant...

http://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv207848769 nico nico link. It's not region locked. The movie digest will probably be like the half hour version of Spring of Birth we got as part of the Datsu Nugu stream.

Here's a positive for it not being region locked, from what I can remember: we can still access the Niconico live page without a proxy. Just like the Persona Music FES 2013 concert, footage from P3M might not be enough to get the thing region locked, and that page pretty much reassures me it won't be.

It won't be archived, though, so we'll have to trust in other people to do it, heh.

MSMrRound

Off the top of my head, I think the following PGaf peeps might be rebroadcasting the stream:

(In no order: Pan, Sophia, MysticDistance, Pepsiman). Any others I might have missed out on?

Ah, weird distinction between the news post and the Niconico page, sorry. Heh, well if that wasn't to make something blatant...

Here's a positive for it not being region locked, from what I can remember: we can still access the Niconico live page without a proxy. Just like the Persona Music FES 2013 concert, footage from P3M might not be enough to get the thing region locked, and that page pretty much reassures me it won't be.

It won't be archived, though, so we'll have to trust in other people to do it, heh.

It's not region locked, guaranteed. If it was you wouldn't be able to get into that page and would instread get this: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv176153249.

FluxWaveZ

Off the top of my head, I think the following PGaf peeps might be rebroadcasting the stream:

(In no order: Pan, Sophia, MysticDistance, Pepsiman). Any others I might have missed out on?

I think MysticDistance won't necessarily be streaming it, but he'll at least be archiving it. For the rest, those are the ones I know of, as well.

The event schedule in EST:
February 3rd:
23:00~
Countdown stream begins! (Greetings from the host, Teddie)

February 4th:

24:00~
Persona Q character video gallery

1:00~
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax character video gallery

4:00~
Persona 4: The Golden Vita the Best edition celebration. Includes past promotional videos, and a presentation of the top 10 Persona 4 Golden characters voted on by fans.

5:30~
Best Hit Persona Sound 25. Playing the top 25 songs voted on by fans.

7:30~
Persona 3 the Movie #1 and #2 digest. Digests (presumably cut-down versions) of both films will be shown.

9:40~
??????

22:30~
??????

23:00~
Best Hit Persona Sound 25 (repeat)

February 5th:

1:00~
Persona 4: The Golden Vita the Best edition celebration (repeat)

3:00~
?????? (repeat)

Teddie's final countdown begins

Special Nihon Budokan edition of Persona Stalker Club, featuring the latest info on the series.

7:00~
??????
It's not region locked, guaranteed. If it was you wouldn't be able to get into that page and would instread get this: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv176153249.

Ah, I actually misread what you wrote before. Hooray for it not being region locked, though non-premium members will probably have to rely on restreams to watch this, anyways.

Speculation: the ??? following the movies is a new anime announcement. A trailer for the third film isn't really that big of a deal, and a new anime at that point would mirror how the Golden stream played out.

The ??? that is repeated is not an announcement. Since the other repeats are events rather than anything new.

We'll get Dancing information and possibly Persona 5 related things during the Stalker Club, which will lead into Super Live

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
I'm still working out whether I'll be able to rebroadcast the stream on my end. Technically, I'm capable of it, as Gematsu has a premium NicoNico account and I've got a cable Internet line. The thing holding me back potentially is that I don't want to be the only one there moderating the joint, since I'll likely use any potential rebroadcast of mine as Gematsu's quasi-official one as well and will obviously have to spend some time actually paying attention to the stream for work. If any of you are willing to help in that area, hit me up here or any of my other usual haunts. (I respond fastest on Twitter, @iiotenki, and Tumblr, which is pepsimangb, but I've been on here more and more lately, so I'm good with whatever.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom