• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Can't believe I missed that, as someone in the gaming side thread said, 5 red question marks for the final event.

Yeah, raven777 right above us said that. I missed that too; even more blatant, heh.

Edit: Or... on the last page.

Edit 2: http://p-ch.jp/live/ has updated, once again.

My guesses:
February 4th, at 9:40 AM EST
??? = Persona 3 The Movie #3 trailer

February 4th at 22:30 PM EST
??? = Persona 4: Dancing All Night

February 5th at 7:?? AM EST~
????? = Persona 5

Meia

So being home the 4th into the 5th is definitely the thing to do, aight then. Worked during the end of the 72 hour stream(after watching damn near all of it), be damned if I miss this one too. :p

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201501/30070601.html Famitsu's version of the list.

Differences: It says something about the movie digest being 2 hours. The digest we've already seen for Spring of Birth was only half an hour.

It only uses 3 question marks for the final event. Probably because this isn't written by Atlus so they didn't pick up on the number of them being significant.

So nothing really major.

I don't think the fact that the question marks are red is related to Persona 5. That's just the standard highlighting colour, so the connection is just a coincidence. In the Persona channel schedule, every mystery event is coloured red.

FluxWaveZ

I don't think the fact that the question marks are red is related to Persona 5. That's just the standard highlighting colour, so the connection is just a coincidence. In the Persona channel schedule, every mystery event is coloured red.

Then that would just mean that it's the only set of question marks highlighted, right? Same difference, in that case.

PK Gaming

Persona Q Character evaluation sheet for the Fourtagonist

tumblr_niz3e7uBmS1u29y89o1_1280.png

*4=よん、6=ろく、4=し、9=く = よろしく, or “be nice to me!”/”I’m counting on you!”/”Nice to meet you!” It’s a pun.

Source

I just realized I haven't got a Kanji SL. Probably forgot to talk to him somewhere.

How bad is dis? ;_;

Not a catastrophe. Just might want to get that fixed soon.

He's on the first floor of the training building (or is it 'practice' building? I can't remember). Though I think you need to talk to some NPCs first to get a reason to talk to him.

Miang

Hi guys, first post in this here thread *waves*

I am so excited for next week - off on the 4th so hoping for some sweet sweet P5 news then.

Meia

I just realized I haven't got a Kanji SL. Probably forgot to talk to him somewhere.

How bad is dis? ;_;

The only problem is you need to talk to a female student to initiate his link, so if you wait until school's out for the summer, you have to wait til it reopens to start.

You talk to a student on the first floor I think about someone bullying others, then you can talk to Kanji to start the link at school.

FluxWaveZ

I'm going to say we get a date for Dancing All Night and a narrower window for Persona 5, but I'm not overly confident in that.

This is actually what I think... a set release date for P4D with maybe a vague release window for P5. I'm going to invoke the "hope" clause here, though, and see how much good that does.

arue

Akihiko knows what's up ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also, jeez Yukari and Junpei towards P3MC are like the opposites of Chie and Yosuke towards Narukami.

Nanako is still the cutest though.

Edit:
Haha, oh man. Calling it: I (and the majority) actually ended up winning in Poll #006: "Will Persona 5 get new, significant information before February 5th, 2015?" It's premature, but victory has pretty much been assured!

I want another. Poll #007: "Will Persona 5's release date be announced on February 5th?" I vote 'Yes'.
I voted "Yes". I can't imagine we're not getting a release date after all the P5 teasing at PSL 2015.

FluxWaveZ

Would they really list an already announced game as a secret announcement? I get it for P5 since we still don't know much about it (and they are hinting heavily towards it so its not really a secret), but why DAN?

Yes, because it'll be a new unveiling and we know very little about P4D as well. Persona 5 and Persona 4: Dancing All Night are two of those question mark sets that are not repeats, guaranteed.

I mean, Persona 4: Dancing All Night was already guaranteed to be here with this:

0875ffa8872b58af78f6b5a3a83b97b82050.png

Along with the vote for best Persona music. Look at the schedule and see what comes directly before the "Best Persona Music" repeat presentation.

And I was just thinking I might like to check out Nocturne. Back to where we were at the end of SMT4 then: not in a thousand billion years. Not if I can't control my party.

In Nocturne you can control your party. It's just overall more difficult than more recent Persona games like P4G, in my opinion.

The MC has 'equipment' replaced by something called Magatama, which gives stat boosts, teaches you moves at certain times, and resistances. This means that until quite a bit later in the game, you can only go with the preset resistances/weaknesses, which means you'll generally always have a weakness, (unless you use the 1st one you get, which gives you kinda bad stat boosts) and you cannot switch in the middle of battle (can switch your demons though). I suppose you could consider it BS since, for the first part of the game, you're always in danger of getting insta-killed by specific enemies without much of a way to stop that.

Also, as mentioned, there's the ambushes that gives enemies crit boosts (I think) and they move first. And some enemies, one in particular, have moves called Beast Eye/ Guardian Eye, which takes up one move and provides them with 2 or 4 more, and if you're unlucky one boss can potentially abuse this and literally beat you on their first turn (or never use it in the whole fight if you're lucky).

But overall, the game was still fun for me. I didn't get Megaten'd TOO often, maybe a few times.

Yes, because it'll be a new unveiling and we know very little about P4D as well. Persona 5 and Persona 4: Dancing All Night are two of those question mark sets that are not repeats, guaranteed.

I disagree on this. I don't think that the question marks have to be announcements. They're already set aside the Stalker Club section to talk about Persona news, so Dancing could just as easily show up there. For one thing, why would they repeat an announcement?

So, will Atlus ever be purchased by a healthy company, you guys? :-/

I was under the impression that SEGA Sammy as a whole was pretty healthy.

Tamanon

Banned
Atlus is safe(as is Atlus USA), Sega just seems to be cutting the parts that don't make money. Sega of America really doesn't release nearly as much as it used to, so this was sadly a long time coming.

Dantis

I disagree on this. I don't think that the question marks have to be announcements. They're already set aside the Stalker Club section to talk about Persona news, so Dancing could just as easily show up there. For one thing, why would they repeat an announcement?

Uh.

What would be a repeat? We know fucking nothing about P4D whatsoever.

Uh.

What would be a repeat? We know fucking nothing about P4D whatsoever.

One of the unannounced events is being repeated. I'm saying that I don't think that they have to be announcements, other than the final one which is probably Persona 5.

I'm just being nitpicky really, I'm sure we're getting Dancing and P5 news regardless of where they show up.

FluxWaveZ

They already have a repeat "???" set at 17:00 on February 5th, so they're already doing that outside of PSC. Persona Stalker Club is a talk show and it's not the place for announcements; I don't see this situation being analogous to the TGS stage presentation with the same hosts. PSC will be focused on their usual shenanigans + special guests, talking about what's been going on in the stream up until that point, etc. I don't see announcements being reserved for that segment here; what would be the point of the "???" time slots if they could just shove everything for PSC, then?

To me, it's pretty clear that the 12:30 slot on February 5th is for Persona 4: Dancing All Night, when they'll be showcasing the 25 most liked Persona songs right after it and when it has a relatively short unveil time slot of 30 minutes.

wmlk

I think people forget how fitting P4D would be in this type of show. I definitely expect it, especially with a focus on Persona music as well in the livestream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom