• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably

Abra...Kadabra...ALAKAZAM!

tumblr_niytl0CsW01u29y89o1_1280.png

Source
These responses for P3MC are even better/ funnier.

Also, what happened to Yukari?

Tamanon

Banned
Looking through the live gear page, it looks like they have a set of stickers with 10 characters(all Ultimax art) with 2 question marks in addition to them.

That's kinda odd.

Sophia

Persona 3:FES was the closest feeling in regards to the SMT series pretty much. Playing in the Answer feels a lot like playing Hard on SMT: Nocturne, where sometimes it does boil down to luck, so it's understandable it's not for everyone. It's why flat out tell anyone who asks "If you liked the gameplay of P3:FES, you may like the Answer. For most, it's better just to Youtube the story scenes."

And I was just thinking I might like to check out Nocturne. Back to where we were at the end of SMT4 then: not in a thousand billion years. Not if I can't control my party.

I really would not compare The Answer with Nocturne. Nocturne is a far better balanced game where as The Answer is loaded with bullshit. You'll easily give the wrong impression that way.

And as was stated: Yes, you can control your party in Nocturne. It really doesn't play like P3 at all.

Off the top of my head, I think the following PGaf peeps might be rebroadcasting the stream:

(In no order: Pan, Sophia, MysticDistance, Pepsiman). Any others I might have missed out on?

Assuming nothing goes wrong between now and Feb 3rd, I will be streaming, yes.

Why do we need another version?

Because P3P and FES have quite a few differences between them. All i want is all the content exclusive to each version to all be combined so i don't go back and forth so much.

Like i said, it's an unpopular opinion to want another version of P3, but i still want it.

Don't even need to re-master it with better graphics or extra content, i just want FES and P3P to be one game

Sophia

I may also help Pepsiman moderate his stream if he needs it. It'd be a bit easier on me too as I can do it from either location (vs streaming myself where I have to go home for it) should real life get in the way.

Jawmuncher

Because P3P and FES have quite a few differences between them. All i want is all the content exclusive to each version to all be combined so i don't go back and forth so much.

Like i said, it's an unpopular opinion to want another version of P3, but i still want it.

Don't even need to re-master it with better graphics or extra content, i just want FES and P3P to be one game

Agreed. Just want 1 version with everything doesn't even need a graohics update.

FluxWaveZ

Man, I'm going to be staying up for most of this when I already know the only times to be worth it are going to be:
  • February 3 @ 23:00 EST
  • February 4 @ 4:00 EST
  • Febrary 4 @ 5:30 EST
  • Febraury 4 @ 9:40 EST
  • February 4 @ 22:30 EST
  • February 5 @ 4:00 EST until 7:00 EST
Stuff like "Persona Q character video gallery" is just gonna be a quick dash through all of the Persona Q character videos they put out last year (same for P4AU), the P3M digests are as they advertise (2 hour movie recaps) and then the rest are reruns.

PK Gaming

These responses for P3MC are even better/ funnier.

Also, what happened to Yukari?

She's the same irritable/confrontational Yuka-tan we know and love; she just has a crush on the P3MC, but she doesn't like expressing it, hence the hostility. It's pretty obvious that she's sweet on him though.

As for her relationship with the P4MC... on the P3 side he always ends up aggravating her with his ridiculous antics (ie: trying to scare her with a stupid sorry, trying to feed her lethal cookies, etc). It's pretty easy to set her off on the P4 side too, haha.

She's the same irritable/confrontational Yuka-tan we know and love; she just has a crush on the P3MC, but she doesn't like expressing it, hence the hostility. It's pretty obvious that she's sweet on him though.

As for her relationship with the P4MC... on the P3 side he always ends up aggravating her with his ridiculous antics (ie: trying to scare her with a stupid sorry, trying to feed her lethal cookies, etc). It's pretty easy to set her off on the P4 side too, haha.

Ah, if she's just hiding her true feelings, i can see where you're coming from.

She initially comes off like someone wedged a stick up her ass if you don't consider her true feelings, though

PK Gaming

SURPRISE Persona Q Character Evaluation

Prepare for Teddie!

P3Hero: “Giving him our hearts…?”

Yukari: “Seriously, I wish Teddie-kun would just give it a break some times.”

Junpei: “What the hell’s he mean by “I won the crossplay contest”!?”

Akihiko: “Not even I could move like that, jammed into that kind of costume.”

Mitsuru: “Is he an Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapon!?” (haha)

Fuuka: “Hee Hee, I think Teddie-kun is pretty interesting!”

Aigis: “I will not accept the offer to a date.”

Koromaru: “Woof!”

Ken: “If his X-Rays didn't show anything, how does he even stand!?”

Shinjiro: “Tch, I feel like it's getting hotter just by looking at him.”

P4Hero: “So, the japanese word for “sultry” is “atsukuyashii”… Take the “ku” from that and the “ma” from demon, “akuma”… Kuma?” (WTF???)

Yosuke: “Hey, be a good freeloader and have some restraint!”

Chie: “Seriously, I’m not up for a date.”

Yukiko: “But I’m up for a new mop!”

Kanji: “GUNNA SHUT YOUR ZIPPER, PUNK!”

Rise: “I don’t like persistent guys…”

Naoto: “I-I demand an apology the swimsuit contest…!”

Zen: ” The “H”…?” (I have no idea what he is referring to here.)

Rei: “Teddie’s shell looks heavy and hot…”

Elizabeth: “Ah, I see. Master Teddie’s bear fur is meant to be used as a mop!”

Theodore: “It looks as if you could fit a variety of things inside. Very convenient.”

Margaret: “Well… It is a self-grown good, after all.”

Marie: “Kindness and fur.”

Nanako: “Teddie, I like you a whole, whole lot!”

Translation by the lovely Nenilein

Meia

Yukiko snark is best snark.

They really made a character I thought was fairly boring into one of my favorite characters with the stuff they've done with her after. Those lines, plus you can just picture her watching something the Ring with a giddy smile on her face. :p

Fusebox

Banned
I just started P3P recently.

I absolutely loved P4G but just wrongly assumed that P3P wouldn't have most of the mechanics from P4 that I enjoy but I was so, so wrong. All my fave battle mechanics are in place from the Rush option to the All In Attack, it even has Tanaka's TV Shopping show!

So yeah, I'm having a blast with P3P, it's way closer to P4 than I thought it would be.

Meia

I just started P3P recently.

I absolutely loved P4G but just wrongly assumed that P3P wouldn't have most of the mechanics from P4 that I enjoy but I was so, so wrong. All my fave battle mechanics are in place from the Rush option to the All In Attack, it even has Tanaka's TV Shopping show!

So yeah, I'm having a blast with P3P, it's way closer to P4 than I thought it would be.

Yep. P3P was made after Persona 4, so they added a bunch of stuff P4 had into it(social links with all party members, full party control, party follow-up attacks) as well added a bunch of neat stuff on it's own(skill cards).

It's sad that only it's presentation is the thing keeping it from being called a "definitive" version, but yeah, it hurt it. I really don't think anyone's first experience with P3 should be P3P, but I can understand those that do. The game's story isn't different, just the presentation lacks a lot of the emotional punch you'd get without the models.

I'd love to get a real version of P3, that had all of P3P's content with FES's presentation, but I doubt it's something that'll happen, and even if it did I doubt it would until all of the P3 movies are out in Japan, and who knows how long that'd take.

Fusebox

Banned
Ah, I didn't realise P3P was made after P4, thx for the info.

I actually started playing P3 FES to start with but the moment I realised I didn't have full party control during the battles I bailed out. I need that party control or I get frustrated by the AI choices.

Neku89

Hello! First time here ^^'

I've recently finished P4G as my first Persona game (I played vanilla P3 a long ass time ago, never finished it, and don't remember a single thing about it). What a beautiful game! Loved nearly all of it.

Now, I've bought P3FES to atone for my sins of not liking this series before, but I'd kinda want to remain on the P4 side at the moment (I haven't got much playing time these days due to exams, so I don't want to begin a new game and having to put it on hold). My question is, plain and simple: are P4A and/or P4U worth playing for the story? I know they're canon but all the (not spoiler-heavy) infos I've read haven't exactly convinced me. (I'm not a fan of fighting games either). Are they needed in order to understand PQ's story? I guess not, but better safe than sorry...

I've recently finished P4G as my first Persona game (I played vanilla P3 a long ass time ago, never finished it, and don't remember a single thing about it). What a beautiful game! Loved nearly all of it.

Now, I've bought P3FES to atone for my sins of not liking this series before, but I'd kinda want to remain on the P4 side at the moment (I haven't got much playing time these days due to exams, so I don't want to begin a new game and having to put it on hold). My question is, plain and simple: are P4A and/or P4U worth playing for the story? I know they're canon but all the (not spoiler-heavy) infos I've read haven't exactly convinced me. (I'm not a fan of fighting games either). Are they needed in order to understand PQ's story? I guess not, but better safe than sorry...

You should play P3 before the Arenas, since they follow on from both games, arguably moreso P3 than P4. The first Arena has a fairly decent plot, but it's structured horribly with a lot of repetition. Ultimax's plot isn't great, but it fixes the structure issues with the first one. If you don't care for the fighting game side, I wouldn't bother with them unless you can find them for cheap. You can get Arena 1's story mode as DLC for Ultimax.

PQ is unrelated to the Arena games, but again, it's best to play P3 before it.

Neku89

You should play P3 before the Arenas, since they follow on from both games, arguably moreso P3 than P4. The first Arena has a fairly decent plot, but it's presented horribly with a lot of repetition. Ultimax's plot isn't great, but it fixes the presentation issues with the first one. If you don't care for the fighting game side, I wouldn't bother with them unless you can find them for cheap. You can get Arena 1's story mode as DLC for Ultimax.

PQ is unrelated to the Arena games, but again, it's best to play P3 before it.

I was thinking of going P4G -> P4A (U?) -> P3FES -> PQ. I can find both Arenas for cheap (10€ for Arena, 25€ for Ultimax), but I want to have the best possible Persona experience so I think I'll wait until I finish P3FES.

Dantis

Depends who you ask and what you're into. It really is difficult to give a recommendation either way.

Jawmuncher

Anyone know if A New 3DS XL would fit in a Persona Q case from

-----/------

Also I want to say that I think the P4A and P4AUltimax stories are worth it. With P4A only a few characters are actually import and the rest you can skip after you finish their first story segment. P4AUltimax I liked a lot though. Really great for both fans of 3&4 to see the whole crew again basically and aged at that.

Nimby

Banned

-----/------

Also I want to say that I think the P4A and P4AUltimax stories are worth it. With P4A only a few characters are actually import and the rest you can skip after you finish their first story segment. P4AUltimax I liked a lot though. Really great for both fans of 3&4 to see the whole crew again basically and aged at that.

Is the new 3DS XL larger? My OoT XL is a snug fit, there's a little room but not much.

Neku89

Depends who you ask and what you're into. It really is difficult to give a recommendation either way.

Eh, for example I was pretty satisfied with P4's ending, so if the Arena games (somehow) undo it I'd rather not play them XD

Also, don't they actually take place before the Golden ending of P4G? Since Arena was developed around the same time as Golden, I expected at least a reference in that. (Or was Yosuke's line about
that last visit in May where things had gone nuts
referring to that? I thought they were talking about something else).

Anyways, I'll play P3FES before giving a chance to P4A at least.

Jawmuncher

Eh, for example I was pretty satisfied with P4's ending, so if the Arena games (somehow) undo it I'd rather not play them XD

Also, don't they actually take place before the Golden ending of P4G? Since Arena was developed around the same time as Golden, I expected at least a reference in that. (Or was Yosuke's line about

Anyways, I'll play P3FES before giving a chance to P4A at least.

If you didn't already buy Persona 4 arena.
I would recommend just getting the Persona 4 Arena story DLC for Ultimax. Unless you absolutely need to see it all.

Is the new 3DS XL larger? My OoT XL is a snug fit, there's a little room but not much.

It's bigger. If it's already that snug doesn't sound like it'll fit. http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/08/how-does-the-new-3ds-compare-to-the-old-one/
Shame there was a discount on the CE of Persona Q for like 60. Only issue was the outer box was damaged but not the interal contents.

The ending you're referring to is specific to Golden and not in the original P4. So yes,Arena takes place in May of that year.

atlusprime

Atlus PR

-----/------

I don't know what -----/------ is, but if you're talking about the one that came with the Persona Q Premium Edition, let me see if I can shed some light on that situation.

You'd have to look at all the dimensions of the case and the New 3DS XL/LL.
Exacting measurments show that the width is 4mm wider and .5 mm taller.
Said measurements are fairly negligible considering the existing case dimensions​

So without being able to say exactly since it's not out in the US yet, I'd say it's probably a safe bet? Width difference is a hair over 1/8ths inch.

Busaiku

The Persona Q case does leave a bit of room for a the Persona Q 3DS XL.
Wiki says the New 3DS XL is 0.2 in wider, so it could probably fit.

Jawmuncher

I don't know what -----/------ is, but if you're talking about the one that came with the Persona Q Premium Edition, let me see if I can shed some light on that situation.

You'd have to look at all the dimensions of the case and the New 3DS XL/LL.
Exacting measurments show that the width is 4mm wider and .5 mm taller.
Said measurements are fairly negligible considering the existing case dimensions​

So without being able to say exactly since it's not out in the US yet, I'd say it's probably a safe bet? Width difference is a hair over 1/8ths inch.

------/------- is just a divider I use when separating comments in a post that don't go together. Thanks for the clarification though it might work then, it's the nicest case I think out currently and I never picked up a regular XL so wanted to be sure.

Busaiku

The New 3DS XL might actually be best for this case, since the 3DS XL actually moves around in there.
Due to the design of the case, it probably wouldn't cause any damage to the buttons, but it's always freaky to hear it hitting something.

Meia

Probably preaching to the choir, but the playstation tv(or whatever the hell it goes by in the US) is currently $59.99 at Best Buy for the rest of the day only(so probably til 5 hours from now). If some of us don't have a Vita yet and wanted access to P4G, you're probably not going to get cheaper than this...

Marche90

Probably preaching to the choir, but the playstation tv(or whatever the hell it goes by in the US) is currently $59.99 at Best Buy for the rest of the day only(so probably til 5 hours from now). If some of us don't have a Vita yet and wanted access to P4G, you're probably not going to get cheaper than this...

I just wish I had the money for it! :'(

btw, random, but do any of you here know if Ys Celceta ever got compatible with the PSTV?

mdubs

Banned
Question, have they said if they will be streaming Super Live? Like I'd be down to watch the concert considering the P5 info is probably coming at 21:00, I'm wondering what the schedule will be for 18:00-21:00 besides PSC

Dawg

All right, so I "beat" Rise... but...

...Shadow... Teddie?! Holy moly, that was a surprise. Again, beat it first try but it was the longest boss fight so far. A few close calls but nothing too bad.

Stuff is getting weird now. Teddie went outside the TV... and he has a human body! WTH!!!

Quit the game after that young detective told me they had a high schooler suspect.

It's getting really late... or should I say early... too sleepy for these plot twists Z_Z

All right, so I "beat" Rise... but...

...Shadow... Teddie?! Holy moly, that was a surprise. Again, beat it first try but it was the longest boss fight so far. A few close calls but nothing too bad.

Stuff is getting weird now. Teddie went outside the TV... and he has a human body! WTH!!!

Quit the game after that young detective told me they had a high schooler suspect.

It's getting really late... or should I say early... too sleepy for these plot twists Z_Z

I'm going to give you a slight gameplay spoiler here, so dont click it if you want to go in completely blind.

You know how after shadow Rise, all you health and SP was restored for shadow Teddie........ dont assume that will happen again.

Dawg

I'm going to give you a slight gameplay spoiler here, so dont click it if you want to go in completely blind.

You know how after shadow Rise, all you health and SP was restored for shadow Teddie........ dont assume that will happen again.

This scares me a little.

Then again, I was surprised to still have 80-90% HP/SP on most characters after Rise. Helps that my MC has the 7sp/turn passive abilty and I basically kept Yukiko and Yosuke on guard while attacking her with the MC and Kanji :p

Just a heads up for the future, you might wanna spoiler tag the big plot twists of the game so that anybody else who's coming in fresh can enjoy the game and be surprised by the plot like you have been. Glad to hear you're enjoying it though!

CorvoSol

I'd love to get a real version of P3, that had all of P3P's content with FES's presentation, but I doubt it's something that'll happen, and even if it did I doubt it would until all of the P3 movies are out in Japan, and who knows how long that'd take.

Wouldn't we all? Course, how they'd handle The Answer in a game w/FeMC is something I hear poses a challenge, so idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom