• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusebox

Banned
Haha, I'm playing P3 for the first time and just got battle panties for Yukari and she isn't happy about wearing them.

I'm happy she's wearing them though.

Busaiku

Haha, I'm playing P3 for the first time and just got battle panties for Yukari and she isn't happy about wearing them.

I'm happy she's wearing them though.

5hJUDTG.png

Fusebox

Banned
Hey is it worth making friends with Kenji? He just seems like such a thirsty virgin douche, so far I've rejected all his attempts to hang out. Will I regret it later?

Nimby

Banned
Hey is it worth making friends with Kenji? He just seems like such a thirsty virgin douche, so far I've rejected all his attempts to hang out. Will I regret it later?

The persona you get for maxing him learns Ragnarok, which is the highest damaging fire spell.

You'll miss out on fusing Surt, which is a Lvl 50 persona, so no not much.

But it is worth hanging out with him just to simply experience what is possibly the 2nd worst social link in P3/P4.

Messiah

I liked Kenji :(

I was actually sad to see his S. Link gone when you play as FemMC in P3P.
For like 5 seconds until I realized it was replaced with da man himself

Nimby

Banned
I would have infinitely preferred to s.link with Junpei in the Vanilla. Bro character needs to actually feel like a bro.

DNAbro

He is an awful person and one of my most hated characters in the series. I was hoping he would act normally as the social link progressed but nope. The ultimate persona for his Arcana is fantastic though, was my main persona through the end game that I poured all my power ups into.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Just wrapped up the story mode in P4AU. Agree with what I've seen a lot of people say here about the P3 side being stronger.

Here is a Junpei:

wNLgdiH.gif

Jawmuncher

Just wrapped up the story mode in P4AU. Agree with what I've seen a lot of people say here about the P3 side being stronger.

Here is a Junpei:

wNLgdiH.gif

As much as I love P3 I still felt the P4 side was a tad better. Mainly because of
adachi
. Still wish it would have been one big story rather than 2 with mix and match canon events. Still a huge improvement in format over P4A though. Also that neck lol I can't handle it.

You'll miss out on fusing Surt, which is a Lvl 50 persona, so no not much.

But it is worth hanging out with him just to simply experience what is possibly the 2nd worst social link in P3/P4.

Not to mention, if you hang out with Kenji, you get to unlock a Social Link with a special someone, arguably one of the weakest SLs in Persona 3, next to Kenji's of course.

Just a shot in the dark, but I'm guessing... Nozomi?

FluxWaveZ

As much as I love P3 I still felt the P4 side was a tad better. Mainly because of
adachi
. Still wish it would have been one big story rather than 2 with mix and match canon events. Still a huge improvement in format over P4A though.

I think it would have been simple enough to write the story so that both storylines worked with each other—with a true end chapter tying both of them together—instead of episodes P3 and P4 conflicting/contradicting each other. It's unfortunate that they didn't do it that way, but it wasn't too bad since it wasn't just a copy and paste job from episode P4, and that it was magnitudes better than P4A's structure.

I've thought about it a bit, and, if we're to take BB:CT as representing P4A, and BB:CP as representing P4AU, I'd be fine with Xrd representing a P4A3 in terms of story presentation, which is to mean literally no gameplay during its 4-5 hour, OVA-like story mode.

MudoSkills

Might be because I played through it in fewer sessions, but I just felt there was more repetition in the P4 side (
Persona carving? They are carving our personas? Our personas, have they been carved?
).

Also, thanks to this thread, I knew that the VA for Kanji was different, and it really bothered me. Was it a different Naoto too? Some of her sequences on the P3 route seemed really off.

FluxWaveZ

Also, thanks to this thread, I knew that the VA for Kanji was different, and it really bothered me. Was it a different Naoto too? Some of her sequences on the P3 route seemed really off.

Kanji, Margaret, Naoto, Ken and
Igor
were different (same in Persona Q).

MudoSkills

I'm not running with either Kanji or Naoto in my team in PQ, so I hadn't noticed.

The person doing Naoto seems to have turned in a performance pretty close to the original - it took a good few hours before I thought there might have been a casting change.

Kazzy

I'm not running with either Kanji or Naoto in my team in PQ, so I hadn't noticed.

The person doing Naoto seems to have turned in a performance pretty close to better than the original - it took a good few hours before I thought there might have been a casting change.

At least, that's what I think.

urggghhh!!! It's a conspiracy I swear.

Eh, money is fleeting. Persona is forever.

The person doing Naoto seems to have turned in a performance pretty close to the original - it took a good few hours before I thought there might have been a casting change.

I find it odd that you barely noticed Naoto having a different VA, but were put off by Matt Mercer's Kanji, which in my opinion is near identical to the old one.

When it comes to the new voices, I was not disappointed by any of them (other than igor). Yes, some of them are different and some are not quite as good as the originals, but I thought they all did a great job.

FluxWaveZ

Marisha Ray did a terrible job in P4AU, but she worked just fine as Margaret in PQ. Maybe my opinion will be different if I go back to P4AU and listen to her, but I was really put off by Margaret's new voice in that game.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
]You'll miss out on fusing Surt, which is a Lvl 50 persona, so no not much.[/B]

Wat.

Surt is fucking amazing. Raganarok pwnz.

Had some friends over and i finally got around to blowing up my Teddie bop-bag, and my cat is now freaking out so bad over it. It won't come near Teddie, and just waving him in the air causes my cat to flee in terror

To keep on topic, Kenji is only worth for the Magician Arcana, and Surt. I would rather have Junpei as the Magician social link on the male side. And Surt is so far my favorite Persona in 3 and 4

Wiki says they used previously recorded clips in the Japanese.

That was just for Arena though, wasn't it? Ultimax has him refer to Yu by name, iirc.

Also, for P3 and P4, I've noticed that both games have a recurring dialogue option that goes against the theme of the game.

P3: "I don't care." Demonstrating apathy.
P4: "I don't know." Demonstrating ignorance.

Do you think something similar will show up in P5? I'm thinking something along the lines of "I give up." or "I can't."

DNAbro

That was just for Arena though, wasn't it? Ultimax has him refer to Yu by name, iirc.

Also, for P3 and P4, I've noticed that both games have a recurring dialogue option that goes against the theme of the game.

P3: "I don't care." Demonstrating apathy.
P4: "I don't know." Demonstrating ignorance.

Do you think something similar will show up in P5? I'm thinking something along the lines of "I give up." or "I can't."

huh, i never noticed that. interesting.

I hope they don't drop Igor. They could do something like reduce his role to what it was in P1/2 so they can get away with reusing voice clips again, but he should still manage fusion.

Busaiku

I hope they don't drop Igor. They could do something like reduce his role to what it was in P1/2 so they can get away with reusing voice clips again, but he should still manage fusion.

I mean if they were gonna do that, I figure they would've done it in Persona Q, but it was Margaret (and Elizabeth for a bit) that took care of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom