• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

arue

Made a real quick.gif of the skating segment I mentioned was missing:

I thought her segment went too fast in PV01, so I like how it actually does last longer and has more movement to it.
I just realized that she pulled her leg upward in this. I just did a quick edit and the Morgana part ended up being at the start of the chorus (which I think supposed to be).

Jachaos

I just realized that she pulled her leg upward in this. I just did a quick edit and the Morgana part ended up being at the start of the chorus (which I think supposed to be).

Great job on the video by the way!

Edit: Yeah the slightly lengthier animation with the leg pull would time it perfectly.

I think the all-out attack animation would also remove the need for some gameplay portions.

arue

Great job on the video by the way!

Edit: Yeah the slightly lengthier animation with the leg pull would time it perfectly.

I think the all-out attack animation would also remove the need for some gameplay portions.
I'm thinking of replacing the gameplay parts with the "Students by day" and "Thief at night" from PV02, but the All Out Attack part seems better. Thanks!

Jachaos

I'm thinking of replacing the gameplay parts with the "Students by day" and "Thief at night" from PV02, but the All Out Attack part seems better. Thanks!

Hm, good idea, well you could use both + the extended animation for Anne and you'd have a fair bit of extra content that fits the look without having any gameplay bit (or at least fewer still).

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
The part at the end where the gang are all highway skating looks absolutely complete, makes me think that they aren't going to spoil all the party members in the intro like they did with P4.

Maybe the current gaps are for showing us the/an antagonist?

I clocked in at 78 hours and 14 minutes for JUST the P4 side.

I expect that if I start P3 side, it'll be a lot shorter due to NG+ advantages.

And it's only shorter on NG+ if you choose to carry over NG+ stuff, which in PQ is "absolutely everything" or "absolutely nothing at all, not even the compendium," and IMO, carrying over levels makes RPG replays boring, so...
Thanks for that. Guess I'll bank on 160 hours total. Which I'll split between. I'll probably throw something else in in between.

Are both stories essentially the same?

Lunar15

I'm surprised no one's really been talking about how it looks like you get Personas in the field now. That wasn't something revealed in another trailer, right?

Jachaos

I fixed the video. Everything should be alright now. Hopefully. Thanks Flux and Jachaos for the help. And Sophia too, for pointing out the audio problem in the earlier videos.

https://youtu.be/K2zhF_XSzo0

Awesome job dude, now it looks like the real opening. The only thing out of place is the light blue in the students by day portion that clashes with the red-and-greyscale but that's because of a lack of a better option.

Lunar15

.... where was that at? o_O;

"In the field" was a wrong way to put it. But there's the scene at the end where the persona turns into a mask and it says PERSONA GET! Looked to me like it's no longer tied to shuffle time. Could still be, but now there's a scene tied to it? Made it seem to me like you actually capture the persona that you battled, given that they're now the enemies you face.

Sophia

In the field was a wrong way to put it. But there's the scene at the end where the persona turns into a mask and it says PERSONA GET! Looked to me like it's no longer tied to shuffle time. Could still be, but now there's a scene tied to it? Made it seem to me like you actually capture the persona that you battled, given that they're now the enemies you face.

That looks like it's
obtained at the end of battle. The area around it looks like a battle scene.

Although yeah, we've been speculating for awhile that maybe you capture the Personas somehow now, Pokemon style.

Lunar15

That looks like it's
obtained at the end of battle. The area around it looks like a battle scene.

Although yeah, we've been speculating for awhile that maybe you capture the Personas somehow now, Pokemon style.

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. I'm excited that they're changing it up. It really sounds like every aspect of the game has been tweaked or added on to in some way, and that's just stupendous.

In the field was a wrong way to put it. But there's the scene at the end where the persona turns into a mask and it says PERSONA GET! Looked to me like it's no longer tied to shuffle time. Could still be, but now there's a scene tied to it? Made it seem to me like you actually capture the persona that you battled, given that they're now the enemies you face.

I don't really think it showed us enough to be able to tell anything about how Personas are acquired, other than the fact that recruiting them is still in.

It could even still be shuffle time, just with the persona manifesting on the field after selecting the card, although with you fighting demons/personas now it does seem more likely that they will be recruited more directly.

Actually one thing it did tell us is that Persona's are directly acquired from the field/battles, so sorry fans of Persona 2's system :p

Xenoflare

Anyone remember the site that hosts a bunch of stuff datamined from P4? I forgot the name of the site but it indexed unused lines and voice clips along with a bunch of in game assets that are never used. The site is like a wikia for those kind of stuff.

Nick_C

I'm not sure if this has been posted, I've gone back a few pages and skimmed through about 300 posts, but I may have found some info on a fifth party member and the Personas each character will have.

I'll spoiler tag everything so as to not violate any thread rules. All of the following info is from a Japanese blog post I found linked from a news story on Siliconera (not sure if they're a banned site?) in regards to a magazine scan with more details on each of the announced characters.

Character detalis:

Protag lives with his friend Ryuji, whose parents own a coffee shop.

Protag, Ryuji and Anne attend a private high school.

Ryuji's parents think of him as brash and possibly a problem child.

Anne's parents are Spanish-American and Japanese.

Morgana is a result of a special bond shared between Ryuji and the protag. Not entirely sure on this one as the translation is a little confusing.

The new character is named Yusuke Kitagawa, and has an art scholarship at a public high school.

The names of the Personas that each character possess are as follows:

Protag: Arséne

Ryuji: Captain Kidd

Anne: Carmen

Morgana: Zorro

Yusuke: Goemon

The basic plot is to
steal "corrupt" hearts from "corrupt" adults to change the "corrupt" world.

I'm sure some of this info was already known, but for anyone interested I've tried to gather it all here.

Here's the link to the Japanese blog post: http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/8341102.html

If Siliconera is allowed I'll post a link to the story.

Protag lives with his friend Ryuji, whose parents own a coffee shop.

...this is new.

Anne's parents are Spanish-American and Japanese.
Ok, that explains the Persona, I guess but makes the character in question's design even weirder.

Morgana is a result of a special bond shared between Ryuji and the protag. Not entirely sure on this one as the translation is a little confusing.

????

The new character is named Yusuke Kitagawa, and has an art scholarship at a public high school.

Here's the link to the Japanese blog post: http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/8341102.html

If Siliconera is allowed I'll post a link to the story.

Huh, Ok.

FluxWaveZ

Uh, whoa there. There are a whole lot of details in your post that aren't on any Siliconera article or on Hachima Kikou. Post the link, please.

Ran it through Google translate myself and the only thing that isn't possibly a result of the translator wrecking the formatting is
Anne being Spanish/Hispanic - American
, everything else could be words that aren't supposed to be together begin together.

FluxWaveZ

There are a bunch of details in your post that aren't right. There haven't been any mentions of Ryuji's parents to date; he's seen as a "problem child" by the school administration. Morgana has definitely not been stated to be the result of any kind of bond. It's an acquaintance of the protagonist's parents who owns the cafe, not his parents or Ryuji's.

And I've not heard of Anne being part Spanish anywhere else except for your post.

Jachaos

We'll know soon enough anyway (next week... in game magazines...) but that would be surprising when first looking at Anne's design. Not impossible though.

As for the relationship between
Ryuji and the Protagonist being that they live together at the café, that would be cool, and how Morgana results from that, that would be weird - unless they just mean they found a cat together in a back alley and it happened to talk and they made a costume for it or something. Actually, that's still weird.

I'm just going to post what pops up on google translate for the blog post Siliconera sources:
(Note: I'm copy pasting each paragraph into the translator because doing the page directly wrecks the formatting really badly)

Such as public stories and five of character information.

Story
Protagonists is sensational the big city "heart of Kaito Orchestra".
They to the person who attached sends a notice form, and confessed their sins, it arises in that the reform
Hero who is out to steal the "rotten heart" from "rotten adult" of the target, will change the rotten world.

Hero
Persona: Arsene
2 year of high school to attend private Xiu 尽学 Garden.
I'm living in a coffee shop is an acquaintance of parents

Ryuji Sakamoto (CV: Miyano Mamoru)
Persona: Captain Kidd
16-year-old attending a private Xiu 尽学 Garden.
It's thick aktiv to information, but from the surrounding in the boorish behavior is seen as a problem child

Morgana (CV: Ikue Otani)
Persona: Zoro
The presence of the mysterious hero and Ryuji helped by chance.
Puppet the words of the people, it is Toka can be transformed into a shape of a number

Komakianzu (CV: Mizuki Nana)
Persona: Carmen
2 year of high school to attend private Xiu 尽学 Garden.
It is a beautiful girl of American and Hispanic quarter, but it is isolated not get used to the surroundings from its appearance.

Yusuke Kitagawa (CV: Tomokazu Sugita)
Persona: Goemon
Scholarship to attend art course of public Kohoshi high school.
I have spent as a live-in disciple in Japanese painting original landlord-Madarame of.

There's no mention of Morgana being a result of Ryuji and Protag's freindship or Protag living in Ryuji's parent's cofee shop. The part about Anne is in there, however.

Nick_C

It could just be poor translation but it mentions that the protag"lives in a coffee shop is an acquaintance of the parents Ryouji Sakamoto. I could've also misread that part because the formatting is weird.

That may also account for the info possibly being wrong on the boorish, problem child part.

I was just trying to share some possibly new info regarding the characters that I may have gotten wrong. That's why I provided the link, in case anyone else would be able to make better sense of it.

There's no need to be so aggressive.

FluxWaveZ

It could just be poor translation but it mentions that the protag"lives in a coffee shop is an acquaintance of the parents Ryouji Sakamoto. I could've also misread that part because the formatting is weird.

That may also account for the info possibly being wrong on the boorish, problem child part.

I was just trying to share some possibly new info regarding the characters that I may have gotten wrong. That's why I provided the link, in case anyone else would be able to make better sense of it.

There's no need to be so aggressive.

I'm not being aggressive, but I am pointing out that a lot of your information is false (which is causing the confusion we're seeing now).

All this information has been available and translated at several English outlets. The protagonist's coffee shop information is even on the English website for Persona 5:
You will assume the role of a second-year high school student who becomes a Persona-user through an unexpected incident. Having moved to Tokyo just before the start of the school year, he finds residence at a cafe run by his parents’ friend, and is about to get his first taste of school life in the big city.

Nick_C

I'm not being aggressive, but I am pointing out that a lot of your information is false (which is causing the confusion we're seeing now).

All this information has been available and translated at several English outlets. The protagonist's coffee shop information is even on the English website for Persona 5:

I apologize for accusing you of being aggressive. It's just that a lot of the nuance of communication is lost when it's just text back and forth. I'm also on mobile, so the translation is all mashed together which no doubt led to some of my confusion, and in turn sharing some incorrect info. I also wasn't aware that they've been updating the English site, as I haven't checked it recently.

Nick_C

We clearly just need someone who can read Japanese.
Or to wait for the actual scans

That's why I posted the link before. I was kinda hoping someone on here would know at least a little to clarify some of this stuff.

Regarding that Morgana stuff, my translation read
by chance and the mysterious hero and Ryuji...
I'll wholly admit that I read into something that wasn't there in an attempt to make some sort of sense out of it. I wanted to bring it to all of you to try and figure everything out so we can possibly learn some new info.

Sophia

The "hispanic" thing in regards to Anne appears to be a mistranslation. The words used to describe her are "アメリカ系"

The last character, "系", comes out as Hispanic for some reason when "アメリカ" (America) is included in Google Translate. The actual character on it's own basically means "system" or "Lineage" I.E. it's saying she's of American heritage. Why exactly "Amerika-kei" comes out as "American and Hispanic" is beyond me.

Similarly, I assume Nick_C got "lives in a coffee shop is an acquaintance of the parents Ryouji Sakamoto" as a result of throwing it into Google Translate and the formatting not being there. It is obvious that looking at the source Siliconeria cited that it is not worded in that way, and you need no knowledge of Japanese to figure out where he got that from.

FluxWaveZ

Also, Morgana's description just talks about how
she initially appears in order to help the protagonist and Ryuji "by chance." Also, she can transform.
Pretty much what we see in PV03.

Sophia

Also, Morgana's description just talks about how
she appears to help the protagonist and Ryuji "by chance." Also, she can transform.
Pretty much what we see in PV03.

Correct, there's nothing special there. "主人公と竜司が偶然助けた謎の存在。" is as clear as day, really.

Nick_C

Similarly, I assume Nick_C got ""lives in a coffee shop is an acquaintance of the parents Ryouji Sakamoto" as a result of throwing it into Google Translate and the formatting not being there. It is obvious that looking at the source Siliconeria cited that it is not worded in that way, and you need no knowledge of Japanese to figure out where he got that from.

Yeah, I have my phone set to auto-translate and what it spit out was essentially a run-on sentence with some punctuation here and there. As is evident, I know zero in regards to the Japanese language, written or spoken.

Thanks for the clarification on the Spanish-American thing though. No idea why it'd translate to that. At least we have some new info on a fifth character though, right?

Top Bottom