• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Hello everyone :)!

I have a potentially dumb question, so I apologize in advance ^^;

I've been playing Dancing All Night (which im LOVING so much thus far!) on my Vita.. and my question is more of a technical one so there's no spoilers in this post I promise :).

But like.. how do you save? O////O does it just auto-save or? I haven't found an option to save the game otherwise..

I'm sorry for the potentially stupid question! It's just that most vita games I play create a save file on your system and this one hasn't x_x

Thanks in advance!!

w0qxVRa.jpg

Heh.

I didn't know I needed this in my life

Lusankya

I've been playing Dancing All Night (which im LOVING so much thus far!) on my Vita.. and my question is more of a technical one so there's no spoilers in this post I promise :).

But like.. how do you save? O////O does it just auto-save or? I haven't found an option to save the game otherwise..

I'm sorry for the potentially stupid question! It's just that most vita games I play create a save file on your system and this one hasn't x_x

Thanks in advance!!

It uses auto-save.

N° 2048

So after 78 hours I finished P4G. What an experience, I find myself still wanting to play but DAN will def scratch that itch.

It falls into my top games of all time tbh. It really felt like a breath of fresh air because of all the activities and other amazing small things you can do.

Persona 5 is going to be a heavyweight if they refine the P4G formula on a power house like the PS4.

Oh and the P4 story. Amazing!

Gecoma

So after 78 hours I finished P4G. What an experience, I find myself still wanting to play but DAN will def scratch that itch.

It falls into my top games of all time tbh. It really felt like a breath of fresh air because of all the activities and other amazing small things you can do.

Persona 5 is going to be a heavyweight if they refine the P4G formula on a power house like the PS4.

Oh and the P4 story. Amazing!

Congrats!
What was the last boss you fought?

N° 2048

Congrats!
What was the last boss you fought?

(big spoilers) Beat
Adachi
then read the ending for
Marie
and
Izanami

On my next playthrough I will
Max Marie's Social Link
so I can play that
dungeon
and will also beat
Izanami
myself. I just felt right stopping at
Adachi

Soulflarz

Banned

Thanks in advance!!

Autosave.

H-have you not seen the saving logo every song? >_>

(big spoilers) Beat
Adachi
then read the ending for
Marie
and
Izanami

On my next playthrough I will
Max Marie's Social Link
so I can play that
dungeon
and will also beat
Izanami
myself. I just felt right stopping at
Adachi
Going for the platinum?

My local EB Games still hasn't received their shipment of P4 DAN....

I need my fix guys. I may even miss out on the free week 1 DLC...

You know you can still add it to your download list without needing the game, right? It's what i did for P4AU's DLC since i started the Persona games right as it came out

You know you can still add it to your download list without needing the game, right? It's what i did for P4AU's DLC since i started the Persona games right as it came out

I didn't know that - I hadn't checked yet since I haven't used my Vita in a while. (Been focused on College and MGSV)

Thanks for the advice though - I'll check it out asap!

Mawarup

Neo Member
As someone who has started collecting the Persona games(I might regret this), is there any odd outliers in the series?

Not really sure what would count as odd. Outside of the main games, there's a good amount of spinoff and side story media, including a good number of now discontinued mobile and browser games, mangas, audio dramas, novels, pachinko machines. There's the Trinity Souls anime which might count as "odd" too. Then I guess rhythm and fighting game spinoffs would be considered pretty unusual, even if we have come to accept them at this point.

Mawarup

Neo Member
Persona 1, Persona 2: Innocent Sin and Persona 2 Eternal Punishment. :p

I laughed a lot harder than I should have. Was thinking of some obscure Japanese only release on something but I come up with a whole lot of online and mobile games. So I guess I am set.

Zolo

Top 10 Persona characters by Game Informer, by the same author who wrote "Perfecting Persona: How Atlus USA Bloomed."

She's actually played Persona 2 (at least Innocent Sin) and has knowledge of the series as a whole, so it's one hundred times better than a certain other top 10 list.

I have to admit I laughed at:

In the world of Persona, not many people are chanting things like, "Let's think positive!" especially as things escalate to worse circumstances.
Since that's exactly what happens in Eternal Punishment.

That said, really great list with good descriptions about who the characters are.

Finished P4 off for the third time today. Finally 100%'ed the Compendium.

Time to restart P3FES. From scratch, because any NG+ that forces you to carry over levels automatically sucks.

PK Gaming

Good ass list

That's an alright list, except it makes the same mistake as that other one in including a silent protagonist. They have zero character!

Except silent protagonists can still be meaningful to the player. Their actions, the various moments you experience through them, their journeys... all of these are reasons to like them.

The character they chose
(the Persona 3 protagonist)
in particular stands out in that regard, since their journey is explicitly tied to the game's themes. There's also the
movie, which characterizes the protagonist.

Not necessarily, the cutscenes and dialog options can make a so-called "blank slate" really appealing.

Exactly

Does anyone know where this art is from? And if there is more from the other characters? I think these are supposed to be Vita wallpapers and I remember downloading them from one of the Persona Community OTs for that but that's it

That's an alright list, except it makes the same mistake as that other one in including a silent protagonist. They have zero character!

I would say that is probably true for a great deal of silent protagonists, but not so for Persona protagonists who are simply non-voiced. Their character and personality is certainly evident, even if it exists within a range of options,through their dialog options. Just look at the fan art of the protagonists. You can tell in most cases that there wasn't a random personality stapled on and they mostly depict the character displaying the same basic traits.

Moonlight

Banned
Does anyone know where this art is from? And if there is more from the other characters? I think these are supposed to be Vita wallpapers and I remember downloading them from one of the Persona Community OTs for that but that's it
It's from the P4 manga. Sadly, not fully translated.

FluxWaveZ

Need UDON to announce that they'll translate the P4DAN art book... At least, I hope they consider doing so.

You'll probably have to wait until 2017 at the earliest for an announcement concerning the P4D art book. The PQ art book is set for summer 2016 and they've still got the P4A+P4AU book to localize. Not to mention that I bet Persona 5's inevitable art book will take immediate priority over P4D's once that comes out in Japan, which I would assume would be sometime in 2016.

As someone who has started collecting the Persona games(I might regret this), is there any odd outliers in the series?

Aegis: The First Missio-

I'm surprised Aadrian and Sophia haven't brought up that Aigis cell phone game. :p

Oh, looks like someone predicted me :p (i don't view PGAF often, i go from reading it 2-3 times a day, to going days without reading)

But really, don't look it up. It's non canon and goes against the plot quite heavily. I wish resources were put elsewhere.

*Continues to beg for an Aigis action game by Platinum Games*

I heavily projected into P3MC's shoes, and he contributed to the game's themes very well, I'd say he deserves a spot. Also Makoto's P3 Movie personality is really good

Oh, looks like someone predicted me :p (i don't view PGAF often, i go from reading it 2-3 times a day, to going days without reading)

But really, don't look it up. It's non canon and goes against the plot quite heavily. I wish resources were put elsewhere.

*Continues to beg for an Aigis action game by Platinum Games*

I'm not sure Atlus would be able or willing to bankroll a Platinum game...

You know, I wonder if P5 or some other future game in the series will bring back the Persona combos. They were kinda cool. I mean, if you have the ability to summon multiple Personas, might as well take that to its logical conclusion, right?

SoulUnison

Banned
Finally getting into my New Game + for P4Golden after beating it the week it launched.

Hopefully this will be the playthrough I finally discover the super-secret never-before-seen Daisuke romance option that I know exists in my heart.

Rock94

Neo Member
You know, I wonder if P5 or some other future game in the series will bring back the Persona combos. They were kinda cool. I mean, if you have the ability to summon multiple Personas, might as well take that to its logical conclusion, right?

I think it's technically possible. Persona 5 brought back firearms for the party members to use, alongside melee weapons. Something that Persona 1 allowed which was having party members be able to use both, so them bringing back other older features is definitely possible.

Nimby

Banned
I hope we get more party customization, like levels of Persona Q customization. Whether it be sub-personas or just a more advanced leveling system.

Zolo

I think it's technically possible. Persona 5 brought back firearms for the party members to use, alongside melee weapons. Something that Persona 1 allowed which was having party members be able to use both, so them bringing back other older features is definitely possible.

To speak more broadly, that's more of a SMT staple in general.

Zolo

Using my expert google translate skills, Carmen's persona mentions the books and opera, so it's definitely that Carmen if anyone was still doubting.

Top Bottom