• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Nimby

Banned
tumblr_inline_nffxazjs9T1szxlq3.png

Is this memes I sense?

Yeah.... The fanservice stuff definitely took a hit in Persona 4 and I'm almost positive its because of "feedback" of how the MC in Persona 3 was a Harem King. If you played Persona 3 a certain way then you was truly a Harem King. The little fanservice stuff in Persona 4 doesn't really stack up to the huge fanservice in Persona 3. It's sad, though but there isn't even an attractive woman in Persona 4, in my opinion.
lol man. This was quite random.

I couldn't reply better than this:
tumblr_inline_nffxazjs9T1szxlq3.png

No hard feelings. It's all a part of being a newbie.

> ADead reminisces about the stupid shit that got him on Personaism.txt...

No hard feelings [2]

This is a brilliant Cruise laugh meme parody.

I don't even remember any legit "fanservice" in P3. At least not the way I'm thinking.

EDIT: Oh wait, there was that innocuous hot springs scene (in comparison to how they usually go, like P4G's awful anime scenes).

EDIT 2: No wait, there were a couple of those weird security cam things. Yeah, okay, it's all coming back to me. But P4G is the horrible king of this contest.

Sophia

I don't even remember any legit "fanservice" in P3. At least not the way I'm thinking.

EDIT: Oh wait, there was that innocuous hot springs scene (in comparison to how they usually go, like P4G's awful anime scenes).

EDIT 2: No wait, there were a couple of those weird security cam things. Yeah, okay, it's all coming back to me. But P4G is the horrible king of this contest.

Off the top of my head, there's the fanservice when they go to the beach (not Operation Babe Hunt, but before that), there's the security camera footage which goes back and fourth between funny and fanservicy, and there's the hotsprings scene. Plus a few miscellaneous scenes here and there. All and all, Persona 3 is pretty light on the fanservice.

Weiss

Banned
Anyone know if the P1 manga is still getting translated? They're at the last volume.

I can't imagine they'd give up right at the end.

Guess Who

Banned

I dunno, P3 had this

9K2yM1N.png

jzbluz

Anyone know if the P1 manga is still getting translated? They're at the last volume.

I can't imagine they'd give up right at the end.

According to MU, all the groups that were scanlating it are inactive and the last release was more than 300 days ago.

Off the top of my head, there's the fanservice when they go to the beach (not Operation Babe Hunt, but before that), there's the security camera footage which goes back and fourth between funny and fanservicy, and there's the hotsprings scene. Plus a few miscellaneous scenes here and there. All and all, Persona 3 is pretty light on the fanservice.

There's also the cutscene of
Yukari in the shower during the Lovers Shadow mission, even if the framing makes it horrifying and creepy.

Weiss

Banned
According to MU, all the groups that were scanlating it are inactive and the last release was more than 300 days ago.

There's been some gaps in the last two years as I believe the scanlators have been busy with college. Last update was in March, before that was October, and before that the previous March.

Honestly the ending fucked my shit up but it felt so right and fulfilling that I don't think I can revisit it in 2016. I don't think I could without crying. 70 hours never felt this fucking short.

edit: Going to finish Danganronpa Another Episode now, then I'll probably move on to Planescape: Torment for my story fix.

I don't think I can stop myself from picking up P3P in the meantime.
edit 2: crying again, how do I explain this to my parents- shut myself in the whole day and I'm worried they think it's because I'm depressed about something bad (I just finished the last two dungeons, in fact).

DNAbro

Honestly the ending fucked my shit up but it felt so right and fulfilling that I don't think I can revisit it in 2016. I don't think I could without crying. 70 hours never felt this fucking short.

edit: Going to finish Danganronpa Another Episode now, then I'll probably move on to Planescape: Torment for my story fix.

I don't think I can stop myself from picking up P3P in the meantime.
edit 2: crying again, how do I explain this to my parents- shut myself in the whole day and I'm worried they think it's because I'm depressed about something bad (I just finished the last two dungeons, in fact).

yeah the time always completely flies by with Persona 4. I was sad at the end due to it being over. It was bittersweet.

Lusankya

So, do we have any hint whatsoever for when we'll next hear about P5? I'm kinda worried it won't be until E3

No hint, but as always E3 won't be important for the marketing of Persona 5.
When we hear something new it will be a Japanese event.

12BoM

Post SMTIV Final I guess seems more likely. Would be nice to have the FF event and a Persona event in the same month haha

Mediking

Play it again
Play the spin-offs
Post in here about how the spin-offs derail everyone's character
Rinse
Repeat

It's not a big deal but I've noticed that Akihiko is kinda different in Persona Q... He was never the guy who just wanted to fight. He's just calm and laidback. Very similar to Shinjiro. But in PQ... Akihiko is almost always trying to throw a punch. I don't know why Atlus did that.

It's not a big deal but I've noticed that Akihiko is kinda different in Persona Q... He was never the guy who just wanted to fight. He's just calm and laidback. Very similar to Shinjiro. But in PQ... Akihiko is almost always trying to throw a punch. I don't know why Atlus did that.

It's simple, really. They had no idea what to do with him, and his debut after so long was a fighting game where a lot of it was characters being deliberately written out of character.

Not exactly a recipe for consistency.

FluxWaveZ

I'm just saying be careful. I have nothing but high hopes for P5 but statements of quality to that level before anyone's played it, I dunno.

I'm not saying it will be, but I loved every Persona game barring Persona 1, to increasing degrees (except for going from P3 to P4). Everything that's been shown for Persona 5 has lead me to thinking that P5 will likely do the same, and precedence supports that as well (in addition to what the developers have said). In my case, being skeptical for the sake of it would be needless.

If I went into every game with reserved expectations or met every upcoming game I anticipated with reserved expectations, I'd have a real boring time. Levelheadedness isn't a foreign concept to me, and my personal expectations for Persona 5 come from the same place.

Setsu00

Really?

I'd be interested in giving it a reading once you have something significant done. Keep us updated!

I stopped midway through the first chapter because I thought nobody would be interested in reading the comic adaption of a badly recieved novel, but I might actually pick that project up again if there's enough demand.

I'll definitively keep you updated in case I should continue this.

Weiss

Banned
I'm not saying it will be, but I loved every Persona game barring Persona 1, to increasing degrees (except for going from P3 to P4). Everything that's been shown for Persona 5 has lead me to thinking that P5 will likely do the same, and precedence supports that as well (in addition to what the developers have said). In my case, being skeptical for the sake of it would be needless.

If I went into every game with reserved expectations or met every upcoming game I anticipated with reserved expectations, I'd have a real boring time. Levelheadedness isn't a foreign concept to me, and my personal expectations for Persona 5 come from the same place.

Same. My hype's deflated a bit because of the delay, it's hard to stay continuously excited for something for nearly three years, but I'm not banking on some untested AAA dev's overfunded money pit; Persona 5 is a game crafted by people who know what they're doing. I have no reason to believe it won't continue the high standards of MegaTen.

You're dealing with Arenahiko in PQ, minus the sexy redesign. He's a completely different character now and it makes me sad. I could only kinda forgive it in P4A because of the stubble and lack of upper body wear.

Most of the P3 cast is on the calmer side. They probably changed Akihiko so there would be more friction in group interactions.

And it's generally easier to write boisterous characters.

Meia

Can't get uber hyped about Persona 5 until I know more of the changes going from P4 to P5, system wise. No social link on main menu = reason to be wary.

Makio

No social link on main menu = reason to be wary.

Hahaha ....

Cooperation system so far sounds like a upgraded version of that and even better maybe will have major impact in the main storyline and gameplay and not feel like a complete different game inside the game like P3 / P4 "beloved" social links.

Top Bottom