• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Meia

Hahaha ....

Cooperation system so far sounds like a upgraded version of that and even better maybe will have major impact in the main storyline and gameplay and not feel like a complete different game inside the game like P3 / P4 "beloved" social links.

That's a lot of assumptions you're making based off of one word we've seen in a trailer.

Previous games have had good ways of getting to know the cast without having "hanging out sessions", so I'm not uber worried(in terms of good characterization), but we still know pretty much nothing about this game and how it plays....

Mediking

I think stuff like All Out Attacks, the Velvet Room and Social Links will always be there. They may be changed and modified but will never totally disappear.

Most of the P3 cast is on the calmer side. They probably changed Akihiko so there would be more friction in group interactions.

And it's generally easier to write boisterous characters.
I agree. He is worse as a character now but at least he is pretty much amusing with Shinji nearby.

PK Gaming

The person who wrote Persona Q's script was also in charge of planning/writing the social link scenarios for Persona 4 (and planning for Persona 3). Hence the reason why characters like Teddie (didn't have a standard social link) and Akihiko (slink focuses on his goofier side) acted the way they do. If I had to guess, they seem to really like food based jokes as well.

I think Atlus did it for us with the whole "2016 is ours" thing.

When has something like that ever jinxed something though?

Persona-5-New-Year-Card.jpg

...oh

Playing Cold Steel is making me hope that Persona 5 improves on random npcs a bit. In Cold Steel, if you take the time to talk to them at every opportunity, pretty much every npc has their own subplot which develops throughout the game.

PK Gaming

Playing Cold Steel is making me hope that Persona 5 improves on random npcs a bit. In Cold Steel, if you take the time to talk to them at every opportunity, pretty much every npc has their own subplot which develops throughout the game.

Persona 4 sort of had this with your classmates. They had dialogue in response to pretty much every single event that happens in the game, and a few of them had their own ongoing stories like that lesbian NPC and her senpai.

Persona 4 sort of had this with your classmates. They had dialogue in response to pretty much every single event that happens in the game, and a few of them had their own ongoing stories like that lesbian NPC and her senpai.

Cold Steel has it so that pretty much every npc and school club has a story arc like that. Some of them involve other party members too. I guess I'd kind of like to see Persona 5 go a step further with it, at least from P4, maybe not quite to Trail's levels.

It's still January 1st here so kimono Akihiko is entirely appropriate. He looks a little dopier than I would've liked, but this year I aim to really capture that Akihiko essence
and get better at drawing in general heh
. Happy something something, PersonaGAF.

Setsu00

It's still January 1st here so kimono Akihiko is entirely appropriate. He looks a little dopier than I would've liked, but this year I aim to really capture that Akihiko essence
and get better at drawing in general heh
. Happy something something, PersonaGAF.

Thanks! There's something about your artstyle that I like a lot, but I can't pinpoint it.

Makio

That's a lot of assumptions you're making based off of one word we've seen in a trailer..

More like a lot of assumptions about they say about that "system" back in the day ....
http://personacentral.com/famitsu-persona-5-details-protagonist-story-social-links/

But yeah in the end is a lot of assumptions since we dont know anything about it besides that single phrase, but im sure that system or the new mechanic they hint in those details are gonna be way better than the old social links.

----------------
Happy New Year everyone.

I hope we can get some info or news we can expect more info next month...
Is gonna be a fun year for sure.

#2016ISOURS

daevious

You know reading the thread title now is kind of funny.

http://personacentral.com/persona-3...-rebirth-main-theme-and-other-songs-released/

The Burn my Dread new arrangement is Winter of Rebirth is fantastic.

I once felt that we should have changed the thread title to reflect that Persona wasn't coming in 2015, but leaving the title as is makes the truth that much more painful.

The Burn my Dread remix is definitely something that needs to be heard in context. It's not outright awful, but right now it doesn't match up to the original at all.

Dugna

So were the Persona 3 movies supposed to be Atlus' way showing a definitive experience to Persona 3? I'm still sorta hoping for a definitive Persona 3 game announcement, with it being the 10th anniversary.

So were the Persona 3 movies supposed to be Atlus' way showing a definitive experience to Persona 3? I'm still sorta hoping for a definitive Persona 3 game announcement, with it being the 10th anniversary.

Pleaaaaase be Persona 3 Platinum for Vita

(home consoles are getting P5 anyway :c)

One can only hope.

I'm not sure what's worse, no Definitive at all or Aigis being pushed this hard as the true girl.

Sophia

One can only hope.

I'm not sure what's worse, no Definitive at all or Aigis being pushed this hard as the true girl.

I wasn't sold on Aigis being the love interest at first, but the lyrics to My Testimony + all the footage from the 3rd and 4th movie shows how well it works. It's in noticeable contrast to how all other material seems to push Yukari or goes for a neutral approach.

I dig it, but I imagine it'll be much better with actual context

Sheesh, the wait for the 4th movie will take forever

I know right? It's at least a full year away. ;_;

hughesta

Banned
Aigis is possibly the most important female character in P3, arc-wise. I totally understand why she'd be pushed so hard in the movies.

the scene near the end with Aigis crying as the bells of Tartarus ring is one of my favorites in any medium. Shit hits me hard.

traveler

Not Wario
Starting P4G right now- first SMT/Persona game ever.

I've already put aside the notion of 100%-ing the game, but I'm still finding the number of things I need to fit into limited time kind of daunting- not really sure how to prioritize stuff other than just doing sports on the practice days, and making sure I clear a dungeon under the limit/as quickly as possible. Any pointers on how to deal with managing the social link aspect of the game? I can't really make informed decisions on what to pursue when I don't know what arcanas lead to what, what I'll need at any given moment, and which links are going to have more time and opportunity to work on.

Starting P4G right now- first SMT/Persona game ever.

I've already put aside the notion of 100%-ing the game, but I'm still finding the number of things I need to fit into limited time kind of daunting- not really sure how to prioritize stuff other than just doing sports on the practice days, and making sure I clear a dungeon under the limit/as quickly as possible. Any pointers on how to deal with managing the social link aspect of the game? I can't really make informed decisions on what to pursue when I don't know what arcanas lead to what, what I'll need at any given moment, and which links are going to have more time and opportunity to work on.

I very recently finished P4G and I didn't use any guide on what to do. The game isn't strict on what you do in your free time, and until you reach the last 20-30 hours,almost nothing you do matters for the ending you get (one or two S.Links matter, besides that, it's mostly a series of choices near the end). As for which S. Links to pursue, just hang out with people you like. They just grant bonus XP (and occasionally a skill or two or perks to party members such as helping a downed ally back up). P4G's all about living the life you want, don't fret over it. You'll have ample time.

Top Bottom