• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Setsu00

I have full confidence it'll come out in 2016... in Japan.

Pure curiosity: do we know when the next P-Mag will hit? Or have they not suggested a 2016 schedule yet?

As far as I know there was one scheduled to come out at the end of 2015, but that didn't happen.

I have full confidence it'll come out in 2016... in Japan.

Pure curiosity: do we know when the next P-Mag will hit? Or have they not suggested a 2016 schedule yet?

Last scheduled one was supposed to be late 2015 I think, and that never happened. There's no real fixed schedule for them, it will probably coincide with some event. Maybe the movie finale event will get one, if that's considered big enough.

JCX

I'm pulling for P5 in 2016 but a delay wouldn't kill me if #FE is out by then. Do you think P5 will come out before or after SMTIV Final in North America? Or more interesting, whaTS THE NA release order of SMT4F, P5, and #FE?

I'd say #FE (since it's out at least somewhere), P5 , SMT4F.

As unlikely as it may seem, I'm still hoping for 2016 na release. From the uk and I have given all hope of eu ever getting it. Think japan is secure of a 2016 release. I will be disappointed because you would think sega buying Atlus would mean worldwide release would be less of an issue.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
From the uk and I have given all hope of eu ever getting it.

I understand the sentiment, but I think thats waaaaaaaaaay pessimistic. If you go broadly with SMT games EU tends to get the shitty end of the stick, but we've actually done well with the Persona series. I would have said it was entirely plausible that we were only going to get digital versions of PQ, P4D and P2:IS, and each got a physical release.

It'll definitely come to Europe, I'd just hate to guess as to when.

I'm more cautious about SMT IV Final - especially as it's much more hassle/expense to import on 3DS.

hughesta

Banned
I'm pulling for P5 in 2016 but a delay wouldn't kill me if #FE is out by then. Do you think P5 will come out before or after SMTIV Final in North America? Or more interesting, whaTS THE NA release order of SMT4F, P5, and #FE?

I'd say #FE (since it's out at least somewhere), P5 , SMT4F.
I think it'll probably be SMT4F, #FE, P5. SMT4F is finished in Japan and translation is probably underway, if not nearing completion. #FE will come later because even if its transition is done, it's on Nintendo time and will be used to fill in gaps between Wii U releases (so probably May or June) and P5 probably won't release until November at the earliest.

daevious

It has a lock on it too.

"It's no Hardins, we can have one Hardin with us."

tumblr_mjiqvrl5kb1qz6g9ko1_400.jpg

Makio

I'm starting to think Hardin knows as much about the P5 release date as we do.

That is his plan.... make us believe he knows nothing.
-------

And i dont know why some say a 2016 NA release seems unlikely , i mean with that window release (summer) , in the worst scenario the game releases in August / September which left NA with a October to December release window which is totally posible.

Like i say earlier i believe this game is going to follow the same scenario as Persona Q or Dancing All Night, mid year in Japan (June / July) fall - winter in NA (October - December).

We need a japanese release date after that the people are going to believe again.

As unlikely as it may seem, I'm still hoping for 2016 na release. From the uk and I have given all hope of eu ever getting it. Think japan is secure of a 2016 release. I will be disappointed because you would think sega buying Atlus would mean worldwide release would be less of an issue.

Let's not get too dramatic here. Europe is totally getting P5. It might be like a year late or whatever, but it wouldn't make any sense to skip that when we got Ultimax and Dancing All Night no problem.

Also, Sega Europe isn't really a thing anymore. iirc they now use third-party distributors over here, like how Koch Media handled Ultimax. Add to that how they still cut corners with some of their European releases anyway and NISA is really just a better option all around.

Sadly, the use of NISA seems only a bit less inconsistent than their release dates. In the past like three years we've gotten SMT or Persona games from them, Atlus themselves, Sega, pQube
lol
, and Ghostlight. Before that there were Koei and Square-Enix. Expand this to Atlus or even just Atlus USA games in general and it's a whole mess of different publishers or games even making it over at all.

To get back to the original point of this post, we're getting P5. We're probably not getting it at the same time as everyone else, though, since we are living in a world where the very region locked Arena was 10 months late, the also very region locked SMTIV was over a year late, Ultimax still has missing DLC and no free character periods, but Persona Q somehow made it over within a week of the US release with no traditional Europe screwiness outside of the limited edition being confined to NISA's horrible overpriced Euro store.

The dark PS2 days are
mostly
behind us now. The only thing you have to worry about is what comes after "Game X is coming to Europe, but"

cj_iwakura

Looking for a consensus here: what do you all think of Belladonna as she is? Should her songs have more of a rhyme to them, or be more poetic, like this:

Code:
[s]All people are&#9834;<LINE>
[s]Eternal wanderers who pursue the self&#9834;<LINE>
[s]That is the cross that people must bear&#9834;
<END2>

Sophia

Looking for a consensus here: what do you all think of Belladonna as she is? Should her songs have more of a rhyme to them, or be more poetic, like this:

Code:
[s]All people are&#9834;<LINE>
[s]Eternal wanderers who pursue the self&#9834;<LINE>
[s]That is the cross that people must bear&#9834;
<END2>

Rhyme is perhaps better conveyed in text. I don't get the impression she's singing with what you have there.

I think it'll probably be SMT4F, #FE, P5. SMT4F is finished in Japan and translation is probably underway, if not nearing completion. #FE will come later because even if its transition is done, it's on Nintendo time and will be used to fill in gaps between Wii U releases (so probably May or June) and P5 probably won't release until November at the earliest.

Well, Nintendo isn't always the best when it comes to filling in gaps. Remember when they released a new Zelda, 3D Mario and (in NA) a new Mario Party on one day?

Mediking

Persona music is freaking amazing. I would list them but I love so many of them that I have the songs on my phone via SoundCloud.

neoemonk

I walked my kids to the bus stop this morning. It was a clear, sunny, cold winter morning, and Persona 4 just popped in my head. I had to listen to Snowflakes. I can't wait until P5.

Anybody heard of Mind Zero for Vita? It's a blatant Persona ripoff I'm buying for my Vita. Lol

It was something of a hot-ish topic among the fanbase back when it was first unveiled. Consensus says it's a mediocre dungeon RPG with terrible production values but decent story and writing.

Mediking

It was something of a hot-ish topic among the fanbase back when it was first unveiled. Consensus says it's a mediocre dungeon RPG with terrible production values but decent story and writing.

The main guy, Kei, looks like the Persona 3 main guy. There's also a girl who looks JUST like Yukiko. Lmao the list runs on but I wanna play it!

The main guy, Kei, looks like the Persona 3 main guy. There's also a girl who looks JUST like Yukiko. Lmao the list runs on but I wanna play it!

There's some hilarious overlap between the English VAs, too. The Yosuke-type guy is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal, and the Chie-type girl is voiced by Erin Fitzgerald. I wonder if this was intentional...

Mediking

If I was a developer and I had a mission to make a Persona like experience that was still unique.... I would instantly start with characters that were in their 30's. The main person would be a employee who is having a mid life crisis and needs excitement badly. Then on one fateful night....

How would you guys create an Persona inspired game?

If I was a developer and I had a mission to make a Persona like experience that was still unique.... I would instantly start with characters that were in their 30's. The main person would be a employee who is having a mid life crisis and needs excitement badly. Then on one fateful night....

I'd take an old IP, and reboot it in a way that doesn't really resemble the franchises roots. I'd probably make it an action RPG, and set it in modern Tokyo. It would definitely involve idols too.

Zolo

Sounds not too far off from Catherine.

I'd take an old IP, and reboot it in a way that doesn't really resemble the franchises roots. I'd probably make it an action RPG, and set it in modern Tokyo. It would definitely involve idols too.

Yikes, sounds like something that might sell even less at retail in Japan than Bayonetta 2.

FluxWaveZ

Probably the 12th, with a slim chance of it being a day or two earlier.

Yep, that: Tuesdays. Leaks will occur on Mondays or even Sundays for typically one of two reasons: there hadn't been an issue of Famitsu during the previous week due to holidays (like this week's leak) or because it's something really big.

Thinking of 2016, it's likely that this year we'll get the announcement for the 2017 Atlus game Hiraoka talked about in 2014 (if it isn't 13 Sentinels and if the project's still on track, that is).

Olengie

I would play that game

Setsu00

That sounds like a combination of Eternal Punishment and Catherine

a bunch of college students who were killed and brought back to life by a curious deity that wanted to see how they would handle a second chance, however none of them know how they died and the game is part mystery in learning the cause and reacting to it

Think it's gonna have to based on jojo part 6 so prison setting. Change it to a youth offenders if the age has to be teenagers. Don't know about the plot but escaping could be an early thread then introduce a murderer within the prison.

Think it's gonna have to based on jojo part 6 so prison setting. Change it to a youth offenders if the age has to be teenagers. Don't know about the plot but escaping could be an early thread then introduce a murderer within the prison.

Sounds like what the current Danganronpa v3 info makes the game sound like.

Top Bottom