• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Definitely a nice showing in the Most Anticipated Voting. If it manages to really get an English release in 2015, I wonder how it'll manage in its GOTY thread...

It wasn't a rumor, it was just a guess based upon the fact that the punch card included with the first movie did indeed have five spaces. Also, they technically have not announced ANY of the movies ahead of time, so there's no reason to assume it'd be the same with The Answer. :p

It does add a lot to the story, although I still like the approach the manga took by incorporating most if it directly into the main story itself.

It really seems like it, with how much Aigis is being pushed. I hope a movie is made for The Answer since it is a pretty big part of character development. I really like Aigis' development in the movies, didn't think it was possible but it's making me like her arc even MORE now

Sophia

I'm going back with you to prevent The Tragedy.

1Sc25bt.jpg

Glad to see I'm not the only person getting my years confused. >_>;

godisntheradio

Neo Member
i'm optimistic that 2016 is gonna be the year, and, assuming the localization has already started as i read
somewhere(not sure if i'm remembering right), it will be out by the end of 2016 in the us too

i'm optimistic that 2016 is gonna be the year, and, assuming the localization has already started as i read
somewhere(not sure if i'm remembering right), it will be out by the end of 2016 in the us too
I envy you guys who still have the ability to have such wonderful dreams. I too was once capable of such things but then the harsh reality of "generation of delays" hit me as Uncharted 4, Persona 5, Dark Souls III, FF XV, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, .... all got delayed over and over again.

daevious

I envy you guys who still have the ability to have such wonderful dreams. I too was once capable of such things but then the harsh reality of "generation of delays" hit me as Uncharted 4, Persona 5, Dark Souls III, FF XV, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, .... all got delayed over and over again.

As long as we get Persona 5 in the end, the delays aren't going to matter in the long term.

Having other things to look forward to is really passing the time. Dark Souls 3 and Danganronpa V3 are what i'm looking forward to right now, and keeping my mind off of P5

daevious

Me too. Crazy to see the day where Persona 5 beats a new Zelda and competes with a new Uncharted. GAF has really taken a liking to Persona :D

It's more surprising that physical game magazines are reporting about Persona 5 before its even released in Japan. Persona fandom has gotten a lot bigger since Persona 4 released, it's just been such a gradual increase that it can be hard to notice. It'll become a lot more apparent once Persona 5 releases and all the people that bought and enjoyed Persona 4 over the years unite together and start talking about the latest release at the same time.

Lunar15

I'm surprised at how high Persona 5 ranked on the Most Anticipated poll this time. It got #8 in 2014, and #6 in 2015.

The hype is real, so they say.

We saw a decent amount of footage last year and reactions were generally positive. I think the game's style has managed to appeal to people who haven't played Persona before, hence the bump. Compare that to Zelda which saw zero footage and is coming off a game that didn't really click well with GAF.

DNAbro

Having other things to look forward to is really passing the time. Dark Souls 3 and Danganronpa V3 are what i'm looking forward to right now, and keeping my mind off of P5

well P5 is probably coming out before DR3.

I'm really glad Undertale exists cause it has occupied my thought space ever since it came out. Less thinking about P5 delays. Plus my backlog is huge and I'm trying to work through it.

Sophia

I've got like a million other games to play, including a few really anticipated RPGs, so I haven't been bothered too much by the delays for Persona 5.

Lower because it'll only have Europe's votes

ABSOLUTE DISREGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE

On the topic of P5 hype deterrents, I'll be fine with a Fall-Winter release for P5. Summer has Zero Escape 3, for which my hype is off the charts since it's the sequel to my GOAT. There's a few visual novels I'm looking forward to seeing in 2016, most importantly New Danganronpa V3 (that can't be coming sooner to the West than Q4 2016). I have quite the backlog (Planescape Torment, Persona 1-IS-EP-3, Trails In The Sky, Samurai Warriors 4, Soul Sacrifice) so I won't be short of games (or Persona) before P5 arrives.

A definitive Persona 3 for Vita (Ally control + FeMC + Anime cutscenes + The Answer + 3D environments) or Persona 5 getting on Vita via a Portable version or PS Now (I know and will try Remote Play, though I'll need to borrow my best bud's PS3 for that) would KILL me.

Lunar15

I've got like a million other games to play, including a few really anticipated RPGs, so I haven't been bothered too much by the delays for Persona 5.

It was tough in 2015. I had really built that game up for that year and there was nothing really coming out for me in the fall. Once Witcher was done it was pretty open aside for some neat surprise stuff like Undertale.

2016 on the other hand is pretty stacked.

We saw a decent amount of footage last year and reactions were generally positive. I think the game's style has managed to appeal to people who haven't played Persona before, hence the bump. Compare that to Zelda which saw zero footage and is coming off a game that didn't really click well with GAF.
It is pretty impressive that two games managed to make the Top 10 Most Anticipated with barely any damn footage shown. Crazy name recognition.

Sophia

It was tough in 2015. I had really built that game up for that year and there was nothing really coming out for me in the fall. Once Witcher was done it was pretty open aside for some neat surprise stuff like Undertale.

2016 on the other hand is pretty stacked.

I mean, for 2015 I had Bloodborne (Rental) + Witcher 3 + Xenoblade + Undertale + Destiny + Splatoon + MMOs + handful of other titles that were either in my backlog or people gifted to me during the Christmas sale. I would have kicked most of those out if Persona 5 had came out, of course, but it's not like I was devoid of stuff to play.

That being said, I am hoping that Persona 5 and Star Fox Zero will keep me busy for most of this year, or at least the summer. :D

because ive been playing a metric fuckton of rainbow 6 siege my backlog is at a standstill...which is depressing but at the same time siege is awesome. Managed to finish Fallout 4 sunday.

Ive now started on Bloodborne the old hunters
Then I still have (and this is off the top of my head and skipping the 100+ games in my distant backlog)
Trails in the sky SC
Trails of Cold Steel
Shadows of Mordor
All the neptunia games on steam
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Until Dawn
Black Ops 3
Disgaea 5
Assassin's Creed Rogue
Assassin's Creed Syndicate

And I also have 14 preorders for 2016 already, the first of which arrives on january 28th

Rise of the Tomb Raider
Fire Emblem Fates (I ordered the SE with every campaign)
Twilight Princess HD
Last Guardian
Mirror's Edge
Uncharted 4
Xcom 2
Senran Kagura Estival Versus (Might cancel)
The Division
Nitroplus Blasterz
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 (Might cancel, only really want to play the new content which seems like a waste of full price)
Ratchet and Clank
Odin Sphere
World of Final Fantasy

And besides siege im also playing starcraft 2 and battlefront, and practicing guilty gear and blazblue for the tournaments im traveling to this year.

And still, ill drop or ignore everyone of these the moment persona 5 hits.

Id love to just hit the powerball and get all this stupid time I dedicate to work back though...

Setsu00

Oh, I know how unfair SP usage is in PQ too. It's just brutal. Nothing worse than being afraid to use moves you like.

I had some SP shortages in PQ during longer boss fights, but other than that it was perfectly fine. I always thought that the Sub Personas made everything easy.

Mediking

I had some SP shortages in PQ during longer boss fights, but other than that it was perfectly fine. I always thought that the Sub Personas made everything easy.

Are you serious? I'm dealing with SP shortages all the time in PQ and P4G. I even just do normal attacks more than SP moves now.

Are you serious? I'm dealing with SP shortages all the time in PQ and P4G. I even just do normal attacks more than SP moves now.

Are you using the right sub-personas?

It's been a while since I played it but I can remember that I had always enough of that free mana to at least do one or two (healing) spells.

All my attackers used phsysical spells though so there weren't much problems there. I'm pretty sure physical is the way to go in this game though. Magic never really worked out for me outside of debuffs and status effect, Yosuke's tentafaroo was the MVP.

Drop everything else and play Trails in the Sky SC and Cold Steel!

Trust me. :D
The first part of that post is in play order. I already know Ill love TITS:SC since TITS was awesome (and has the best acronym ever). I just want to finish up the bloodborne DLC before I forget how to play the game.

Its going to take me a while to get through both of those though, I cant just drop my multiplayer games, too many friends pulling me in different directions, and I have Winter Brawl in february to practice for

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Are you using the right sub-personas?
IIRC it takes a while until you start getting any sub-persona that have more than about 4 mp, so the MP costs for mid-tier/multi target spells are prohibitively high at first.

I don't think I was recovering most of what I was expending in each battle until part way through the second dungeon.

Setsu00

I am, yes. PQ gets progressively easier and is ultimately completely broken once you start using Naoto effectively.

God, I had so much fun with PQ... I want PQ2.

Mediking

I am, yes. PQ gets progressively easier and is ultimately completely broken once you start using Naoto effectively.

God, I had so much fun with PQ... I want PQ2.

???? I'm playing through the Persona 3 side and things are not easy. I'm on the 3rd floor of the first dungeon. I took a few steps and ran into monsters I could BARELY beat. I've been grinding and I barely beat them!!! Grinding!!! All the weapons and armor cost so freaking much too! I'm loving the game but dang! Same goes for P4G! Yukiko's Castle is slapping me around! I'm constantly using Yu Narukami's SP and Yosuke's SP to attack monsters weaknesses and heal! I'm actually dreading using SP because I know I need it all the time! Every five seconds a monster attacks and I get in a fight! Bye-bye precious SP! Chie, ironically, almost always has the most SP! Persona 5! Please don't have your 1st dungeon be a SP nightmare!

And yes, I do buy the drinks to recover SP.

???? I'm playing through the Persona 3 side and things are not easy. I'm on the 3rd floor of the first dungeon. I took a few steps and ran into monsters I could BARELY beat. I've been grinding and I barely beat them!!! Grinding!!! All the weapons and armor cost so freaking much too! I'm loving the game but dang! Same goes for P4G! Yukiko's Castle is slapping me around! I'm constantly using Yu Narukami's SP and Yosuke's SP to attack monsters weaknesses and heal! I'm actually dreading using SP because I know I need it all the time! Every five seconds a monster attacks and I get in a fight! Bye-bye precious SP! Chie, ironically, almost always has the most SP! Persona 5! Please don't have your 1st dungeon be a SP nightmare!

Worst case scenario, you can set the difficulty to its lowest setting and grind your face against FOEs since you're effectively invincible.

I won the prize figure version while I was in japan

Edit:my persona collection is still growing somehow. I'll post a new picture once the 3 new ones I'm getting show up

Prize figures are usually of way lower quality than most retail figures, but really nice ones crop up every now and then.

VFEVagC.jpg

I have this one of the P3 guy, and it's probably my prettiest prize figure. There's a big lack of shading in the paintjob, but the sculpting is actually rather decent. There's some bad seamlines on his hands, but that's about it.

My Persona collection is rather small at the moment. But if they ever make a new figure of Akihiko
preferably his Arena design because I want his lovely muscles immortalised in PVC
I'll be there day one at full price.
Too bad he's not the main protagonist or a female character so it'll never happen lmfao

Setsu00

To be fair, the first dungeon is probably the hardest one.
The third one is tough as well, but for completely different reasons.
But yeah, attacking the FOEs is the best way to get good Sub Personas with lots of bonus SP in the early game.

Top Bottom