• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Makio

I know for a fact that Cristina Vee is going to be in P5.

The roman numeral for 5 is V. Persona V. Cristina V. Cristina Vee. I've cracked the case.

Cristina Vee confirmed to voice all the female characters and
the culprit
in Persona 5 .....

And i dont have a single problem with that XD.

Makio

Actually yeah Vee could be great as Ann , and i can see her voicing one of the Velvet twins too.

My top choices for Ann could be her or Kira Buckland (other lady who deserves a Persona role).

But meanwhile i can list like 10 VA wish choices for Ann , i dont have one for Morgana .... Cindy Robinson maybe , i dont know i cant think of someone can do the new mascot.

Kira Buckland sounds nice too!
I actually never heard her name, but i am sure i heard her voice somewhere before.

She was the voice of Toph in an episode of Death Battle.
In terms of SMT, she voices Miyako Hotsuyin in Devil Survivor 2.

Its kinda hard to pick a 'dream' voice cast for P5, especially since P3 and 4 had such stellar casts.

Although Christina Vee would be on my list for 5, Im not sure Ann would be the role. I, personally, would give that to Cassandra Lee Morris. She deserves a big persona role after being wasted on Aika in the animation and Sumomo in DAN.

While I have no idea about either of those performances, I'm all for giving VAs for minor roles a shot as a more recognizeable character.

Its kinda hard to pick a 'dream' voice cast for P5, especially since P3 and 4 had such stellar casts.

Although Christina Vee would be on my list for 5, Im not sure Ann would be the role. I, personally, would give that to Cassandra Lee Morris. She deserves a big persona role after being wasted on Aika in the animation and Sumomo in DAN.

How much of a breeze is the easiest difficulty of P3P? I mentioned a few days ago that I want to finish it, but I don't want to spend an inordinate amount of time getting back to where I was...

Sophia

How much of a breeze is the easiest difficulty of P3P? I mentioned a few days ago that I want to finish it, but I don't want to spend an inordinate amount of time getting back to where I was...

Incredibly easy. You get 30 plumes of dusk and the enemies do like almost 30% less damage across the board.

Makio

, Im not sure Ann would be the role. I, personally, would give that to Cassandra Lee Morris. She deserves a big persona role after being wasted on Aika in the animation and Sumomo in DAN.

For some reason this sounds like the most logical / possible choice maybe because she is one of the names always pop up when people "cast" the english dub of P5 , or because she got a lot roles recently and seems she is in everything lately , but something about Cassandra as Ann feels more possible than Vee or Buckland as Ann.

Plus is like a PCB productions thing to give second roles to their actors in these games like A.Burch (Rei then Rise) , C, Robinson (Labrys then Ken Amada) ,K.Strassman (Aigis then Nanako) , the dub of Catherine who works in Persona after or before that etc etc....

That's why i dont be surprised to see people like her (Cassandra) , R, Strober (Kanamin) , K.Brooks (Ochimizu) . T.Haberkorn (Sho), whoever voices my avatar girl Nozomi end up in Persona 5 and why not got the big roles.

PD: Wendee Lee is going to end up in P5 for sure , that lady cant get enough roles and i dont seems tired of her voice hahaha.

Mediking

Wouldn't it be great if one if the waifus/social links in Persona 5 was an attorney or police woman who lectured us about not stealing?

Makio

Wouldn't it be great if one if the waifus/social links in Persona 5 was an attorney or police woman who lectured us about not stealing?

Im pretty sure whoever live with the Phantom is going to be the voice of reason and is going to give some lectures.

Setsu00

How come?

The S.Link itself is incredibly well done. It's neither overly dramatic nor is it boring. The story about losing a dear person to something that you cannot control is something that everyone experiences sooner or later and that's what made it so relatable for me. I really hope that P5 has more S.Links like her, provided they actually return.

Dantis

It sure wouldn't!

I really want the S Links to pick up where P3P left off. Golden's new S Links were a step in the wrong direction.

It sure wouldn't!

I really want the S Links to pick up where P3P left off. Golden's new S Links were a step in the wrong direction.

How so? I've seen nothing but complaints about how S.Links don't affect the story at all.

Unless you mean something entirely different here.

How so? I've seen nothing but complaints about how S.Links don't affect the story at all.

Unless you mean something entirely different here.

I don't remember Adachi's SL well enough to recall any problems with it, but Marie's was straight up garbo. Constantly herding the cast together to take her to whatever random place where shenans ensue and she goes "hahaha you're all so kooky, how grand friendship is", repeat nine more times. All we had to learn about Marie through her SL was that she's an amnesiac tsundere, which was already abundantly obvious. We saw no different sides of her and her personal story was completely static. The Liz and Theo dates had more substance to them.

FeMC's SLs in P3P are some of the best in the series, though. The new ones have believable characters in believable situations incorporating existing characters in a believable fashion, while the party SLs let you get to know the people you spend the whole game with in ways you never could before.

personally though I'd be happy if P5 just lets me hit on Ryuji it doesn't even have to lead to anything just give me the option to

Mediking

Well... Alotta Social Links in P4G were just depressing. Anybody remember how sad Saki Konishi's brother social link was? Or how about the old lady? Dojima's social link? And Marie's social link was garbage. REALLY bad. You guys already know that I think Atlus handled Marie and Adachi very poorly. Especially Marie. Just wow. Whoever wrote her stuff was just losing their mind.

But... P4G does let us rewatch scenes and listen to music! Heck yeah!

Personally, I've got a soft spot for Ai's S-link
specifically when you reject her both times.
I was honestly proud of her and her growth by the end.

As for Marie... I'm gonna have to reserve judgement until I go back and check it, but I don't hate it as much as people here seem to. That said, it does handle its friendship route a lot better than... others.

EDIT:

It was referred to in the Emperor S-link as well.

daevious

Well... Alotta Social Links in P4G were just depressing.

tumblr_n25pskT9Gz1sle12oo1_1280.jpg

Jintor

damn for a hot second there i forgot if he only existed in p3p or not and was going to make a convoluted explanation to bring femc into canon... but he's totes there in vanilla p3 isn't he

Well... Alotta Social Links in P4G were just depressing. Anybody remember how sad Saki Konishi's brother social link was? Or how about the old lady? Dojima's social link? And Marie's social link was garbage. REALLY bad. You guys already know that I think Atlus handled Marie and Adachi very poorly. Especially Marie. Just wow. Whoever wrote her stuff was just losing their mind.

But... P4G does let us rewatch scenes and listen to music! Heck yeah!

it does?

MSMrRound

Empress SL was redundant in Persona 4. Such a waste. Hanging out with Liz in P3FES is probably one of my fav non-social link. Screw the Moon SL in P3 though.

Sun's great and I secretly have a soft spot for the Hermit SL as well.

Come to think of it, Hermit SL was kinda wasted in P4 as well.

8nX0l2b.png

Woah, did someone say wasted social link?

Or what about that Star SL guy in P3? What was that even about? I maxed it and I can't remember a single thing about it other than you spent a lot of your time eating.

Jintor

his is like the only social link that I remember well from P3. Other than the awful Kenji one.

p3p links are pretty good. saori's is great. wish you could date rio.

i guess it was their experimenting time though. That mmo sl could be so much better.

PK Gaming

his is like the only social link that I remember well from P3. Other than the awful Kenji one.

I really like Kenji's social link actually. It's rough around the edges, but the fundamental idea is solid. Falling for someone who doesn't like you is something nearly everyone can relate to. Pursuing a crush only to have it blow up in your face is a heartbreaking experience, especially when become infatuated. Kenji basically puts himself in a position of vulnerability by barring his heart out for this girl, only for his plans to fail. The girl he likes isn't obligated to like him, but he can't help but feeling an intense resentment towards her anyway. I love that. I love how angry he feels because it comes across as natural and real. Kenji's social link in general does a good job of showcasing the emotional fallout of rejection, and helping him cope through that is one of the better experience in P3. All in all, I found Kenji's social link to be deeply compelling, intelligent yet flawed social link.

2014%2B-%2B1
2014%2B-%2B1

Squire

Banned
I really like Kenji's social link actually. It's rough around the edges, but the fundamental idea is solid. Falling for someone who doesn't like you is something nearly everyone can relate to. Pursuing a crush only to have it blow up in your face is a heartbreaking experience, especially when become infatuated. Kenji basically puts himself in a position of vulnerability by barring his heart out for this girl, only for his plans to fail. The girl he likes isn't obligated to like him, but he can't help but feeling an intense resentment towards her anyway. I love that. I love how angry he feels because it comes across as natural and real. Kenji's social link in general does a good job of showcasing the emotional fallout of rejection, and helping him cope through that is one of the better experience in P3. All in all, I found Kenji's social link to be deeply compelling, intelligent yet flawed social link.

2014%2B-%2B1
2014%2B-%2B1

That's a good case. There are plenty of people who've been in that position.

daevious

p3p links are pretty good. saori's is great. wish you could date rio.

i guess it was their experimenting time though. That mmo sl could be so much better.

The MMO S-Link is amazing, especially during
the epilogue scene when "Maya" realises that she's already confessed her feelings to the MC online.

Jintor

ah my bluff

okay confession i barely remember it, which is why i know it can be better

boom! difficult topic avoided. who's up for pizza

Top Bottom