• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

I love Liz. She was adorable. Margaret is the woman I shipped Yu Narukami with. Yep. In my view of Persona 4 Golden, Margaret is Yu's girlfriend. ;)

Funny, that reminds me that when I was playing Persona Q, I thought Elizabeth's funny and carefree personality resembles Yu and, in other hand, Margaret's bored and serious traits resembles Makoto. Never realized that before. lol

I may not be overly fond of P2 as a whole, but it does contain the undisputed Best Character In The Series, so it does deserve respect.

SLnlcb4.jpg

Mediking

Funny, that reminds me that when I was playing Persona Q, I thought Elizabeth's funny and carefree personality resembles Yu and, in other hand, Margaret's bored and serious traits resembles Makoto. Never realized that before. lol

Hahaha. I see Makoto as a really cool guy. He's just super laidback and smart. He has his hands in his pockets and his headphones on his ears. He cares about his friends and he saved the world. Favorite gaming character of all time.

Now for relationships that I like: Makoto X Mitsuru. Makoto X Aigis. Junpei X Yukari. Yosuke X Chie. Yu X Margaret. Yu X Yukiko. Kanji X Naoto. Teddie X Fuuka (would be adorable).

They both really like each other... There wouldn't be a divorce. Unless you can explain why they couldn't stay happy together.

As I've played through P4G again, I've come to the conclusion that both Yosuke and Chie are simultaneously good and horrible people.

Those two deserve each other in both the best and worst way.

Closest I've got to an OTP right now, I think...

Hahaha. I see Makoto as a really cool guy. He's just super laidback and smart. He has his hands in his pockets and his headphones on his ears. He cares about his friends and he saved the world. Favorite gaming character of all time.
Yeah, I also imagine him like that. But to keep his cool pose, he always acts like he is never impressed.
this would definitely happen, so would the divorce of course
Yosuke x Chie is kinda like Junpei x Yukari. Always fighting.

Mediking

Yeah, I also imagine him like that. But to keep his cool pose, he always acts like he is never impressed.

Yosuke x Chie is kinda like Junpei x Yukari. Always fighting.

Hahaha, my friend. Yukari is a very well written tsudere, in my opinion. She's never really angry. She's just feisty. I remember a scene in Persona 3 FES when Junpei, Yukari, and Makoto had to get on a train or something to fight a boss. Yukari was getting on first and she "angrily" teased to Junpei and Makoto, "Don't look up my skirt!". She calls Junpei "stupei", right? Yukari literally reminds me of some friends I had in high school. They'd be like, "Morris, you're so stupid!" "Morris" is my real name, by the way. They never called me stupid in a mean way.

Gosh, Persona 3 has an amazing cast. I gotta stop before I go into full speech mode on why I love that game with all my heart. Hahah! Man, I LOVEEEEEEE this thread!

Mediking

Yukari was angry for almost the entire game.

???? No way!!! She even likes Mitsuru! She grew as a character and overcame her "jealously" of Mitsuru and is friends with her at the end of the game! Her Social Link even explains why she "appears" angry at times. It's because of her strained relationship with her parents.

KanameYuuki

The boss on the Void dungeon on P4 is such a troll, It takes ages to destroy its armor and by the end he decides to get it back so fast, and he has like a thousand turns in a raw, I had him at 10% and then fear decided to stack on all of my characters and it is like watching in slow motion your unstoppable demise : (

In the first half of 2015, I played through P4G for the first time and replayed FES and wound up more pumped about the future of Persona than ever. But then I played Arena, about 2/3 of Ultimax, and then picked up DAN and immediately bounced off it (I think I've still hardly spent more than an hour on it)... at first, I saw the P4 spinoffs as being similar to (the idea of) a Friday Nights Lights follow-up movie, something I'd see as unnecessary but would still cherish the opportunity to spend a bit more time with the characters, but by the third one I played it started to sour me on the entire franchise. They're not bad games and I don't mean to shit on anyone who likes them but I really hope they don't do the same thing with 5.

I've been approaching P2IS, though, I have it loaded up and ready to go on my Vita, and I think once I finish Tomb Raider I might finally start it. Hoping that gets my hype engines fired up again.

Lunar15

In the first half of 2015, I played through P4G for the first time and replayed FES and wound up more pumped about the future of Persona than ever. But then I played Arena, about 2/3 of Ultimax, and then picked up DAN and immediately bounced off it (I think I've still hardly spent more than an hour on it)... at first, I saw the P4 spinoffs as being similar to (the idea of) a Friday Nights Lights follow-up movie, something I'd see as unnecessary but would still cherish the opportunity to spend a bit more time with the characters, but by the third one I played it started to sour me on the entire franchise. They're not bad games and I don't mean to shit on anyone who likes them but I really hope they don't do the same thing with 5.

I've been approaching P2IS, though, I have it loaded up and ready to go on my Vita, and I think once I finish Tomb Raider I might finally start it. Hoping that gets my hype engines fired up again.

I avoided a lot of the spinoffs for that reason. I think they're all well done, for the most part, but I didn't want to burn out.

I finished Ultimax, but steered clear of DAN because I don't want the latter to end up validating the former in any capacity.

That's not Eikichi! Or a picture of the whole cast of the P2 duology. : p That's just one character from the games.

That's not Akihiko x Shinjiro.....
: (

Katsuya is the best okay sorry but that's just how it goes.

AkiShinji is good too but let's get real here. Junpei totally has a major crush on Akihiko early on in P3. You don't have to read into anything much to see that.

Zolo

I liked how Akihiko was basically the Cynic in Persona 3.

Like how he isn't surprised when the dark hour reappears after taking out the last full moon shadow because he figured it wasn't over yet.

Levito

Banned
Hi PersonaGAF.

Do any of you know Caladrius_kun(He posted here way back) well IRL or well enough to contact him more directly than twitter? We're trying hard to get in contact with him because (CONTENT WARNING)
he posted some disturbing self harm tweets last night.

Please if anyone can help, we all are very worried about him. I know this isn't on topic but please if anyone knows how to contact Caladrius directly please let us know/DM me.

EDIT/Update: We were able to track down contact information. But don't hesistate if you know how to contact him or his family. PLEASE reach out if you know anything.

Sophia

Random Trivia: The idea for Persona 4 Arena was proposed to Arc System Works only 1 month after the release of Persona 4.

Didn't some ASW members attend the Persona concerts too? I recall reading about it.

EDIT/Update: We were able to track down contact information. But don't hesistate if you know how to contact him or his family. PLEASE reach out if you know anything.

Oh thank God, I'm glad you were all able to get some contact info. I hope he's okay. :<

P4G ruined gaming for me guys, finished it on New Year's Eve and now I can't get into any other game- I'll need to pick up P3P soon. I NEED IIIIIT

E: Levito, sorry to hear that man. Glad you could reach him.

FluxWaveZ

Didn't some ASW members attend the Persona concerts too? I recall reading about it.

Actually, I (unintentionally) lied. I've been going through a lot of the Wikipedia articles regarding the development of Persona games, and I've actually had to correct quite a few glaring mistakes (there was one that proposed that Persona Q was in development since 2009, even though P4A's success was the inspiration for that game in 2012).

This line in the P4A article is just another one of them, and I just went with it this time in that random post:
Atlus first came into contact with Arc in August 2008 in hopes that they accepted their request to help them produce such a game
Not true. The idea for P4A came through meetings at the beginning of 2010 and then, yeah, Wada had invited Iguchiya to Persona Live 2010 after those initial meetings.

One month after the game struck me as being way too soon to decide something like that. I wonder how long it'll take them to have meetings for something following Persona 5, though, since they're now experienced with spin-offs.

Sophia

Well I'm glad I caught you in the act of hilarious unintentional lying then. :p

But yeah I distinctively remember the articles on Iguchiya and co attending Persona Music Live 2010 after P4A was announced.

Zolo

One month after the game struck me as being way too soon to decide something like that. I wonder how long it'll take them to have meetings for something following Persona 5, though, since they're now experienced with spin-offs.

I'm sure they've already talked about it in some way just like how merchandise and other stuff have been talked about.

FluxWaveZ

I'm sure they've already talked about it in some way just like how merchandise and other stuff have been talked about.

Soejima's basically confirmed that his art will be across various media for Persona 5 this year in that recent interview so, yeah, merchandising will be significant. But spin-offs specifically? I dunno. For creative purposes, I bet P Studio are the type to not even think about that stuff until the game's out.

JCX

I'm INCREDIBLY tempted to buy Persona 3 Portable for Vita but I can't help but have this gut feeling that a complete edition of Persona 3 is coming to either PS4 or Vita. Hopefully both platforms with themes and avatars.

I had the same dilemma last year, I just did the FeMC route and will do the Male route if a full remake ever comes.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Soejima's basically confirmed that his art will be across various media for Persona 5 this year in that recent interview so, yeah, merchandising will be significant. But spin-offs specifically? I dunno. For creative purposes, I bet P Studio are the type to not even think about that stuff until the game's out.

So we'll be getting those P5 figures, huh?

He's not gonna answer me.

Lusankya

I guess most of you visit personacentral frequently any way but I still wanted to share this interesting image of the sales data here.

The Western sales are really strong if they make up nearly 50% of all sales and it's surprising to see that actually P1 is the best selling Persona main game (not including remakes or add-ons) .

How do you think will be the Persona 5 sales? I think it could become the new best selling Persona game, expecting 300k+ sales in the first week and overall probably reaching 500k in Japan. Well, that's what I hope at least.
International sales should be strong as well, the thirst is real!

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
I guess most of you visit personacentral frequently any way but I still wanted to share this interesting image of the sales data here.

The Western sales are really strong if they make up nearly 50% of all sales and it's surprising to see that actually P1 is the best selling Persona main game (not including remakes or add-ons) .

How do you think will be the Persona 5 sales? I think it could become the new best selling Persona game, expecting 300k+ sales in the first week and overall probably reaching 500k in Japan. Well, that's what I hope at least.
International sales should be strong as well, the thirst is real!

I wanna say 600K+ first week. Hell, I think it'll make the top ten on NPD for whatever month.

Top Bottom