• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

PK Gaming

latest

I bet a few of you are regretting making that avatar bet with me

DNAbro

The Persona(5)GAF cycle continues to be real.

s3gGMzH.gif

We keep jumping back to "where the fuck is persona 5" quicker and quicker cause this shit ridiculous. I keep hoping for an announcement or announcement of an announcement for a stream every day now. Unless they somehow are saving it for E3 and will have a world wide release(i doubt now cause SMT4F), they need to say something soon.

Unless of course the game is even more delayed~

I'm kinda expecting an Uncovered type of event now (for Japan) wherein they'll properly announce P5's release date, along with the anime, and possibly other tie-in media. I can envision Atlus doing this at their own event instead of at an E3.

FluxWaveZ

I'm kinda expecting an Uncovered type of event now (for Japan) wherein they'll properly announce P5's release date, along with the anime, and possibly other tie-in media. I can envision Atlus doing this rater than have it at E3 or something.

Well, they've kinda already had 2 of those, so what's another.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
If Sports Festivals are such a memorable part of Japanese School Life, why hasn't Persona had them?

MSMrRound

I bet a few of you are regretting making that avatar bet with me

R-R-Raaaaaise!?!?!?

Personally I'm thinking E3 or bust. Don't think I can stand another Sony E3 conference without a single mention of P5 (if we are supposed to get it this year).

Come on Atlus. I'm still waiting for that sweet reveal of a Persona 5 Ultimate Collector Edition with a 1/8 scale Arsene figure or something.

One of my colleagues also got me hooked up with one of those Persona 5 bags that John and the rest of AtlusUSA were giving away at E3 2015 for my birthday last Friday, which hit the sweet spot for me.

Would be a waste not to be able to wear it down to my local game con happening here late Sep/early Oct since I'm fully intending on promoting the crap out of it to those unaware about Persona 5.

Heck, Ultimax was already out so long ago, but I still have Shadow Labrys' trailer subbed by Pepsiman for that sadistic laugh by Ayana Taketatsu. Not to mention those Naoto P4D trailers and of course, the Persona 5 PVs and director interview subbed by MysticDistance are also added torture/enjoyment to me.

At the game shop I'm at, chances are you will probably come across a Persona trailer if you stay long enough at the shop, since I crammed the three TVs full of them.

Now I'm only waiting on high definition assets of a release date poster for Persona 5, which then I'll ask my boss to print out, both for the shops and myself...

Makio

oHHM9Ii.jpg

Ahh avatar bets, only won one, but it was worth it. Hi Makio!

Dammit , i dont even remember why i lose that one , but i remember like 2 days after i got release of that one we lose the Dunce Hats one.

Hard(in lie) times indeed

But this time im all way #TeamSummer ... i believe again. Despite all this despair in the air

PS: So in the end what period are we are considering as "Summer" this time , since the summer is diferent in other countries and i think the japanese one is not the same as the USA one. (Ends early or something).

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Summer in Japan is entirely plausible, but I'm not ever going to be on the optimistic side of a bet relating to Western release.

I know everyone has heard it a million times but Europe got screwed so hard on SMT IV - and I can't shake that feeling.

Pennywise

Summer in Japan is entirely plausible, but I'm not ever going to be on the optimistic side of a bet relating to Western release.

I know everyone has heard it a million times but Europe got screwed so hard on SMT IV - and I can't shake that feeling.

Europe is not really part of the conversation anyway, but the US is the really interesting thing.
Since Europeans could easily import or use the US store.
However, I'm also doubtful.

We got no indicators for any direction, so the discussion will lead nowhere anyway.
Sadly...

Zolo

From what I can tell, Japanese summer vacation is generally in the time frame of July 30 - August 31 which is why it would be seen as longer.

Lunar15

This May: "We were aiming to release in June, but once we saw that PS4 Neo, we knew we had to bring Persona's cutting edge graphics to the next level! See you next summer!"

This May: "We were aiming to release in June, but once we saw that PS4 Neo, we knew we had to bring Persona's cutting edge graphics to the next level! See you next summer!"

I'm not really up to date on Neo rumors, but my understanding is that games releasing after October might require a Neo mode. I wonder what kind of position that would put Atlus in if the JP release was in August while the NA release was in November.

Then again, that's like stacking a hypothetical on a hypothetical in a terrible game of Jenga, so it's probably a moot point.

yuuki

I'm not really up to date on Neo rumors, but my understanding is that games releasing after October might require a Neo mode. I wonder what kind of position that would put Atlus in if the JP release was in August while the NA release was in November.

Then again, that's like stacking a hypothetical on a hypothetical in a terrible game of Jenga, so it's probably a moot point.

i doubt this would be the case but even if so the original release in japan would count which hopefully is this summer... somehow,

Top Bottom