• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Setsu00

Yeah, maybe. I feel like the phantom thieves thing will play a much larger role than jumping into the TV did though. The trailers imply real-world ramifications surrouding it.

The Midnight Channel also affected the real world in its own way, but I can see why you think that the consequences of the cast's actions will be much bigger this time.

DNAbro

Rewatching PV3, by the egypt portion we know you have
characters in your party, and this is in
Aug

Still plenty of time for more party members. For comparison Naoto joins in Oct.

And Persona 3's cast is even larger.
One thing I do really like from PV#3 is that it shows scenes of Ryuji running and Ann crying which I expect is sorta endgame, so I'm hopeful that the cast will get more development in the main story which was kinda lacking in P4.

Yeah, after watching this video of the "official" Persona 5 opening cinematic, I'd be surprised if we get more playable characters. That should help with the character development.

I disliked how in Persona 4, once a character's dungeon arc was completed, their development basically stopped. Hopefully the new social link system in Persona 5 will integrate the optional social link storylines into the main game, instead of existing in a vacuum.
We already know there are more than five characters in the cast.
How so?

My reasoning is that these other 'unannounced' characters would have to missing from the majority of the opening cinematic, since it looks like only a couple of seconds are unknown. They'd be missing from the opening 'building jumping' segment, and ending 'ice skating' segment, which, for now, features every character announced. I think it'd be odd to leave them out of it.

Mediking

You guys remember when Yosuke confronted
the guy who he thought was causing the murders in the hospital? I forget his name.
in the hospital? I freaking LOVE that scene. Yosuke was all upset and ticked. He looked at Yu and was like, "Let's kill this man!!!!!!!!!!!"

Makio

We already know there are more than five characters in the cast.

This

I imagine in the six - eight seconds missed of the opening they highlight the other party members , in a quick shot or something without given all the attention like the others 5.

But at least the main focus seems to be the first 5 party members , judging for the final part where they "skate" over the highway , you can tell for the background is not cut or perfectly edited to keep the same section of the street when change from character to other character.

How so?
My reasoning is that these other 'unannounced' characters would have to missing from the majority of the opening cinematic, since it looks like only a couple of seconds are unknown. They'd be missing from the opening 'building jumping' segment, and ending 'ice skating' segment, which, for now, features every character announced. I think it'd be odd to leave them out of it.

Simple not spoil all the shit out of it , Persona 3 opening leave Shinjiro , Koromaru , Ken out , and they are party members in the game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxNAwZ-A88w

Unlike the Persona 4 opening , who already tell you who is gonna be your full party , which kinda sucks for the way the characters are introduced.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeUYTPdpAP0

How so?

That was my reasoning, also. But then I realized that there are six distinct voices and characters running in the beginning of the third trailer.

FluxWaveZ

Lunar15

I'd be fine with 6. I have a sneaking suspicion we'll get a late game Naoto type character, but they won't be in the opening.

Zolo

Yeah, it's way to early to rule out a navigator or really anything else. We've seen a little, but probably not very much at all in the full context.

I mean....if there was a character like that, we'd have seen them in the cafe or when hanging back at the railing, but they're all clearly going in the castle at the same time.

Squire

Banned
I mean....if there was a character like that, we'd have seen them in the cafe or when hanging back at the railing, but they're all clearly going in the castle at the same time.

Oh? You're not accounting for the chance there's a narrative justification for a character like that not being present. Could also be that Morgana both navigates and fights in battle. Who's to say that's not the case? That something isn't in a trailer/footage so far doesn't indicate it's not present.

Again, we're missing context and we don't know how much.

That was my reasoning, also. But then I realized that there are six distinct voices and characters running in the beginning of the third trailer.
Ok, I'm convinced. Looking back at the trailer, every character's individual section lasts 7 seconds, except for Morgana, which ends abruptly at 5 seconds. Guess that leaves room for one more character in the trailer.
im fully expecting 7 + unplayable navigator again. It just seems to fit
I hope we don't have a navigator... Just let the current party members converse about enemy weakness/whatever.

Strimei

Thematically, I think a group of thieves would be the appropriate place for a navigator. I mean, isn't that usually one of the roles in a heist/thief story? Someone on the outside feeding info in to the thieves, tracking on maps, that sorta thing.

That said, I wouldn't mind its absence.

Satsuya K.

Neo Member
Hello. I'm new here in NeoGAF, I want to be keep up to date on info of upcoming video games such as P5. Been a fan since I played the games four years ago and played all of the five main titles, personal favorite is 2: Innocent Sin for it's story and themes. My thoughts on P5 so far is good, I hoped to learn more of the gameplay and development when May 5th comes.

Mediking

Hello. I'm new here in NeoGAF, I want to be keep up to date on info of upcoming video games such as P5. Been a fan since I played the games four years ago and played all of the five main titles, personal favorite is 2: Innocent Sin for it's story and themes. My thoughts on P5 so far is good, I hoped to learn more of the gameplay and development when May 5th comes.

Welcome to the Velvet Room. Igor will be with you shortly.

Lunar15

I strongly recommend you stay tuned to www.personacentral.com, updated by FluxWaveZ

Satsuya K.

Neo Member
I thought about Shujin High School being more strict than previous schools and teachers being more up-your-face with a d-bag attitude and not hesitating in punishing you if you talk back at them. Fits right for 'prisoner' from Shujin. What's your thoughts about it?

Welcome to PersonaGAF. Hope you enjoy your
ETERNAL
stay.

Satsuya K.

Neo Member
Thanks. Don't remind me of Eternal Punishment's ending pls ;_;,
hard to stomach the feelings of Tatsuya's choice to return to the dead original world, leaving behind his friends and family, them forgotten about him with a inner sorrow feeling.

Satsuya K.

Neo Member
I kind of hope P5, at least story wise, will have some elements from P2 that makes it unique, continuing character development of each after their issues are dealt with and showing their inner feelings like with their Shadow Selves revealed what they did that the others didn't know about and felt about their past (which I consider being darker than P4's).

Makio

So all we know about this mysterious 6th party member is the character is a girl (based in the pv03 voice) and is a brunette based in a blurry screenshot of the same trailer.

Is amazing how the scrunchy-chan theory is still alive at this point , almost 2 years after that trailer.

Scrunchy canon in our hearts

Kidding

And im going to call her Yuk-chan by now for continuity sake lol.

Every Persona game have a Yuk-chan

I know Yukino is a P1 character but still.....

Due to having a lack of portable games to play, I'm making my 4th attempt to clear P2:IS.

Luckily my last save was just over 10 hours in, so I dont have to do the beginning section again!

Zolo

Due to having a lack of portable games to play, I'm making my 4th attempt to clear P2:IS.

Luckily my last save was just over 10 hours in, so I dont have to do the beginning section again!

Remember to take everyone everywhere after every single event.

I did that in P1 and P2, and laughed when Yukino lamented how her previous friend did it too.

Tokyo Tower lighting schedule from 22:00 (so 30 minutes into the event) on the 5th:
yfPi5KK.png

So all we know about this mysterious 6th party member is the character is a girl (based in the pv03 voice) and is a brunette based in a blurry screenshot of the same trailer.

Is amazing how the scrunchy-chan theory is still alive at this point , almost 2 years after that trailer.

Scrunchy canon in our hearts

Kidding

And im going to call her Yuk-chan by now for continuity sake lol.

Every Persona game have a Yuk-chan

I know Yukino is a P1 character but still.....

That Yuk-chan's face is quite familiar. I think I've seen a character like her (along with hairstyle) in some anime or something.

Top Bottom