• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Sophia

That just makes that part of a name continuously popping up all the more bizarre. :p

That or the creators have used fairly common Japanese names =P

For anyone curious.

雪子 = Yukiko = Snow Child/Snow Girl. They explained this one in the game.

ゆかり = Yukari = Actually writes her name in kana, so there's no special meaning to these characters. There are lots of different ways to write this name, so the meaning could be anything depending on the kanji used.

ゆきの = Yukino = Same case as Yukari, oddly.

優香 = Yuka = 優 is like Superior, and 香 is like Fragrance

Jintor

That just makes that part of a name continuously popping up all the more bizarre. :p

It has Yu (ゆ) and the five standard vowels + k (か ka き ki く ku け ke こ ko). So, not that bizarre.

Now I remember. She looks like that AWFUL new detective from the second season of Psycho-Pass.

tumblr_nf3ne20m121qmqublo3_r1_500.gif

Did the persona 5 anime have any information in addition to it being confirmed. Was reminded by a friend that I should expect news on the anime series.

Seriously. The entire second season was so bad that it made me even lose my love for the first one. I won't even watch that movie.

The movie is pretty good. Not season 1 standard, but still alright. Id wait for the dub to watch it though, and this is coming from someone who doesn't particularly like the dub, because the film is 50% Engrish, and its a little jarring.

P-P S2 suffers from the same problems that the Persona spinoffs do in my opinion. It's made by the B-team who it appears didn't know where to go following the end of the first one. So they decided to go in hard on what they thought was what people liked the most about the original, and got it completely wrong.

MSMrRound

So all we know about this mysterious 6th party member is the character is a girl (based in the pv03 voice) and is a brunette based in a blurry screenshot of the same trailer.

Come to think of it, we have the list of Japanese voice actors from PV03, didn't we, was there any seiyuu nuts out there that managed to associate the characters to the voices?

Mizuki Nana's (Fate Testarossa from Nanoha series, Kazanari Tsubasa from Symphogear series) taking Ann, Aki Toyosaki (Aoi from Beelzebub, Hirasawa Yui from K-On!) and Haruka Tomatsu (Asuna from Sword Art Online) taking the Velvet Twins.

We still have Satou Rina, Yuuki Aoi among a couple others that haven't been identified with their roles yet.

I kind of wonder if they will be sticking to the old Igor voice clips...or get Jouji Nakata to act as the new voice or something...*Persona fusion fails* Igor: Yorokobe Shounen! (Rejoice, young man!)/joke

Did the persona 5 anime have any information in addition to it being confirmed. Was reminded by a friend that I should expect news on the anime series.

Nope. Not yet. Hopefully the May 5 broadcast might shed more light on it. From what we have seen so far, Production IG (studio who did Psycho Pass etc GAH! There's that association with Scrunchies-chan again!) being on board is already giving me a lot of positive vibes. Most of the scenes so far etc looks by far and away so much better than the animation quality that we got from P3 and P4.

No A-1 Pictures second division or whatsoever this time to give us divided body parts again...hopefully.

The movie is pretty good. Not season 1 standard, but still alright. Id wait for the dub to watch it though, and this is coming from someone who doesn't particularly like the dub, because the film is 50% Engrish, and its a little jarring.

P-P S2 suffers from the same problems that the Persona spinoffs do in my opinion. It's made by the B-team who it appears didn't know where to go following the end of the first one. So they decided to go in hard on what they thought was what people liked the most about the original, and got it completely wrong.

It still has Akane in it, though. That's enough reason for me to not even bother with it.

Lusankya

Come to think of it, we have the list of Japanese voice actors from PV03, didn't we, was there any seiyuu nuts out there that managed to associate the characters to the voices?

Mizuki Nana's (Fate Testarossa from Nanoha series, Kazanari Tsubasa from Symphogear series) taking Ann, Aki Toyosaki (Aoi from Beelzebub, Hirasawa Yui from K-On!) and Haruka Tomatsu (Asuna from Sword Art Online) taking the Velvet Twins.

We still have Satou Rina, Yuuki Aoi among a couple others that haven't been identified with their roles yet.

I kind of wonder if they will be sticking to the old Igor voice clips...or get Jouji Nakata to act as the new voice or something...*Persona fusion fails* Igor: Yorokobe Shounen! (Rejoice, young man!)/joke

Some people said they definitely recognized Rina Satou as her VA. Maybe someone can find some voice clips of her to compare?

Setsu00

Igor's case is actually super interesting. Joji Nakata sounds nothing like his previous voice, assuming that he does indeed voice Igor. Maybe they'll give him some character development after 20 years.

Zolo

Some people said they definitely recognized Rina Satou as her VA. Maybe someone can find some voice clips of her to compare?

Sounds like her from this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-EC4Ug96R0

She's got a good amount of range from her voice in the video though.

among a couple others that haven't been identified with their roles yet.
This feels like it'd be pretty easy to fill up since there were only a few voices in the trailer. I'm guessing the other unknown female voice (interrogating the Phantom) is Yuuki Aoi if she was the only other female voice.

Setsu00

This feels like it'd be pretty easy to fill up since there were only a few voices in the trailer. I'm guessing the other unknown female voice (interrogating the Phantom) is Yuuki Aoi if she was the only other female voice.

There are even more female voices. Minako Arakawa, Yuko Kaida and Haruka Tomatsu are more likely candidates for the character you're referring to. Aoi Yuuki is known for voicing teenage girls. She might actually voice a hypothetical seventh member.

Zolo

There are even more female voices. Minako Arakawa, Yuko Kaida and Haruka Tomatsu are more likely candidates for the character you're referring to. Aoi Yuuki is known for voicing teenage girls. She might actually voice a hypothetical seventh member.

Ah. Okay. *Looks up role* Yeah. Looks like she mainly voices tsundere-type or just 'angry' type characters with her most notable recently being Tatsumaki from One Punch Man. Still feels like it shouldn't be too hard to tell who's who.

Lusankya

Ah. Okay. *Looks up role* Yeah. Looks like she mainly voices tsundere-type or just 'angry' type characters with her most notable recently being Tatsumaki from One Punch Man. Still feels like it shouldn't be too hard to tell who's who.

She's Maya from Ace Attorney! So she can play non tsundere/aggro roles. :p

6lLfBBW.png

It still has Akane in it, though. That's enough reason for me to not even bother with it.

But.....but Akane is the best!

Anyway I'll stop going off topic now. The VA im most interested in hearing is Tomokazu Sugita as Yusuke, because he's kinda known (in my head at least) for voicing wacky characters like Joseph Joestar and Gintoki Sakata, so it'll be interesting to see what he brings to Yusuke.

That being said, he does a good job in Shokugeki no Soma playing a more subdued role, so we'll see....

Setsu00

But.....but Akane is the best!

Anyway I'll stop going off topic now. The VA im most interested in hearing is Tomokazu Sugita as Yusuke, because he's kinda known (in my head at least) for voicing wacky characters like Joseph Joestar and Gintoki Sakata, so it'll be interesting to see what he brings to Yusuke.

That being said, he does a good job in Shokugeki no Soma playing a more subdued role, so we'll see....

Sugita is great. He introduced himself as Yukiko at the beginning of his P5 segment in the previous PSC episode. But yeah, Hashino mentioned that Yusuke's illustration doesn't portray him accurately and that he's apparently quite the oddball.

Zolo

The VA im most interested in hearing is Tomokazu Sugita as Yusuke, because he's kinda known (in my head at least) for voicing wacky characters like Joseph Joestar and Gintoki Sakata, so it'll be interesting to see what he brings to Yusuke.

Yusuke was described as sort of an oddball in one of the recent interviews, so that may fit in.

MSMrRound

One of Aoi Yuuki's most famous role is arguably Madoka from Magica Madoka. In the current season she's also voicing the frog girl for Boku no Hero Academia while for the previous season she was known for going "baka nano!? (Are you stupid?)" as the deadpan Hinazuki from Erased aka Boku Dake ga Inai Machi. I personally follow her voicing of Tachibana Hibiki from the little-known Symphogear series, as she put a lot of her soul into her performances.

Interesting, she was also previously involved in the Persona series as the original P4 anime-only Aika, who always go around delivering the beef bowls from the restaurant.
Was hoping for her as one of the party members, but I'm sort of guessing that she might be casted as one of the social link/co-operative personnel this time round. Just speculation though. I'll settle for using her voice for one of my characters in Atlus' upcoming 7th Dragon III Code VFD.

Haruka Tomatsu's been listed as Caroline (Velvet Twin) though, so that's one of the names taken up.

Setsu00

One of Aoi Yuuki's most famous role is arguably Madoka from Magica Madoka. In the current season she's also voicing the frog girl for Boku no Hero Academia while for the previous season she was known for going "baka nano!? (Are you stupid?)" as the deadpan Hinazuki from Erased aka Boku Dake ga Inai Machi. I personally follow her voicing of Tachibana Hibiki from the little-known Symphogear series, as she put a lot of her soul into her performances.

Interesting, she was also previously involved in the Persona series as the original P4 anime-only Aika, who always go around delivering the beef bowls from the restaurant.
Was hoping for her as one of the party members, but I'm sort of guessing that she might be casted as one of the social link/co-operative personnel this time round. Just speculation though. I'll settle for using her voice for one of my characters in Atlus' upcoming 7th Dragon III Code VFD.

Haruka Tomatsu's been listed as Caroline (Velvet Twin) though, so that's one of the names taken up.

I don't see Aoi Yuuki in a supporting role. She's one of the more popular voice actresses in Japan and arguably the most popular one out of all announced voice actresses for P5 with unrevealed characters.

Zolo

If there are more voice actors than voices in the trailer, it certainly brings to mind why they were included in the credits list and what roles they'd play.

Setsu00

If there are more voice actors than voices in the trailer, it certainly brings to mind why they were included in the credits list and what roles they'd play.

Well I doubt they'd prominently feature the voice actors for every background character in a trailer. They might also want to hide some voices in case there actually is a big cameo of a previous character. People would be immediately suspicious if Daisuke Namikawa (P4 protagonist) or Rie Tanaka (Mitsuru) popped up on a list.

They would certainly create some buzz if the next trailer included Kenichi Suzumura in the cast ...

Makio

Pretty sure Japanese doesn't have a character in it's alphabet that is "Yuk." ;p

Well i suppose not , but i was thinking in some name with Yuk (since the only thing in common) like Yukie , Yukayo , Yukiho , Yukimi , Yukima ... etc etc
Thanks google

Now I remember. She looks like that AWFUL new detective from the second season of Psycho-Pass.
. From what we have seen so far, Production IG (studio who did Psycho Pass etc GAH! There's that association with Scrunchies-chan again!)

So Scrunchy-chan is more a cameo / easter egg from IG Productions than a actual member hahaha.

, was there any seiyuu nuts out there that managed to associate the characters to the voices?

We still have Satou Rina, .

According to tumblr and another seiyuu fanboys the strongest candidate is ms Satou , she sounds like her (the sixth party member) they say.
Since i cant tell one japanese VA from another , i would believe that until someone say otherwise.

And in the end no matter how i love the jap cast , i would end up with the dub cast Atlus USA (more like PCB) choose for us....since i always prefer my dubs over seiyuu.
No regrets

Sophia

I could believe the last party member is Minako Arakawa. It kind of sounds like her voice.... maybe Haruka Tomatsu too?

Satsuya K.

Neo Member
What we know so far about the seiyuus is that they're famous. Voicing a lot of well known characters over the years. Cost lot of money to hire them. The game has a really huge budget perhaps.

Zolo

What we know so far about the seiyuus is that they're famous. Voicing a lot of well known characters over the years.

lol yeah. I always go for dubs, but the Japanese cast for this game made even me go 'Damn. I wished we had the option to switch to the Japanese cast if possible.'

Satsuya K.

Neo Member
What are your thoughts of the budget they're using for the game? I was thinking around 15-20 million dollars in yen knowing Hashino said it'll be the biggest game he ever created.

Makio

Haruka Tomatsu is apparently Caroline.

And Justine is voiced by Aki Toyosaki according to the internet. Just to take in mind.

I would love 2 more girls as party members , that would "balance" the gender ratio more like the previous games. (Doesnt count Morgana in any "team" more like a Koromaru case).

I actually expect one lady (almost confirmed) and another dude.

Lunar15

It really is funny how utterly little we know about Persona 5 as a whole at the moment. :p

I'm fairly sure that's intentional, but it just feels weirder due to all the delays.

I just hope that once Atlus really opens the floodgates, it's not too much.

lol yeah. I always go for dubs, but the Japanese cast for this game made even me go 'Damn. I wished we had the option to switch to the Japanese cast if possible.'

Tell me about it. I expect the dub to be great as persona usually is but the Japanese cast is so strong. You've got Joseph joestar and light yagami in your party.

Makio

Japanese cast is so strong. You've got Joseph joestar and light yagami in your party.

Fake british accent Ben Diskin to the rescue. (Actually he one of the VA i would love for Yusuke or Ryuji).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iDzDgbH4OU

Next trailer to show off Morgana human form

Pls based god.

But hey based in the others trailer i dont expect they spoil that much they already had , but seriously need to start show off gameplay mechanics.

Fake british accent Ben Diskin to the rescue. (Actually he one of the VA i would love for Yusuke or Ryuji).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iDzDgbH4OU

Pls based god.

But hey based in the others trailer i dont expect they spoil that much they already had , but seriously need to start show off gameplay mechanics.

Gameplay should be the key focus on 5th may. Just show me how all the old mechanics have changed if they have and some new mechanics. Haven't heard of Ben diskin but wouldn't mind as I'm hoping for a new voice cast never used before.

Makio

I'm hoping for a new voice cast never used before.

I'm simply ask for a main cast (6-7 possible party members) with actors (unknown or well known) who no have a Persona role before , like for example i dont want Tood Habberkorn ( he is Sho already) , Marisha Ray ( she is Margaret already) or Yuri Lowenthal ( he is everyone in this series already)...lol
I dont want voices i can match with other characters in the series

But seeing how they cast new persona characters in the recently games (Rei , Sho , Kanamin , Labrys , Ochimizu) with new actors never worked before in a persona game im confident they can do it again for the new guys of 5.

At least for the party members , for the others roles you can fill it with the regular actors from always.

SMT IV Apocalypse in other hand i expect a lot of "persona" recast in there , since it was basically they do with SMT IV and Soul Hackers in the past so i wouldnt be surprised to see familiar names in the main cast.

Mediking

What's the point of the anime...? Is it supposed to focus on one of the main character's lives BEFORE the Chosen One arrives???

Zolo

I thought the anime announced was expected to just be similar to other types of one-episode specials where it's essentially just the beginning of the game.

Anime could be anything. Either a prequel or an adaptation of the early game like the vlr one seem possible. Or it could be a side story set during the early game like Brotherhood. I doubt it will be much more than an OVA though.

I'm simply ask for a main cast (6-7 possible party members) with actors (unknown or well known) who no have a Persona role before , like for example i dont want Tood Habberkorn ( he is Sho already) , Marisha Ray ( she is Margaret already) or Yuri Lowenthal ( he is everyone in this series already)...lol
I dont want voices i can match with other characters in the series

But seeing how they cast new persona characters in the recently games (Rei , Sho , Kanamin , Labrys , Ochimizu) with new actors never worked before in a persona game im confident they can do it again for the new guys of 5.

At least for the party members , for the others roles you can fill it with the regular actors from always.

SMT IV Apocalypse in other hand i expect a lot of "persona" recast in there , since it was basically they do with SMT IV and Soul Hackers in the past so i wouldnt be surprised to see familiar names in the main cast.

The main cast need to be new voice actors. It just helps establish this as a sequel rather than persona 4.5. Of course some actors have great vocal range and could be used again but it's just safer to recast. I'm expecting yuri lowenthal becaus he's always showing up.

Top Bottom