• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Squire

Banned
Hello everyone

So people have been throwing around wild theories on the remaining party members that will appear in P5, and I've decided to throw my hat in the ring. Now I've seen all kinds of great speculation, but consider this:

eTmWn1J.png

Black man in black (or bmib for short) sticks out for several obvious reasons, and it is my belief that he will be the next Persona 5 party member. Why? Well consider his expression; his coworkers have a bored look, but bmib is curious. Curious about what exactly? Well we're rather short on details, but it is my belief that he's aware of the existence of the Phantom and is intrigued by him. But why? Well his actual existence of course! He's a black man in Japan working the security detail... he must feel incredible marginalized and isolated, and weighed down by the harsh realities of society. And is P5 explicitly about? Breaking free from those chains that bind you! It is my belief that once the Phantom clashes with bmib, he'll be incorporated into the group, allowing him to pursue his true dream of owning an otaku shop and relieving racial tensions throughout all of Japan.

But hey, that's just a theory....

100/10

Trinity Souls Akihkio? Although he doesn't have a Persona.

Spinoff, but you're technically correct, I suppose.

Even if the idea of Akihiko as a detective is about as believable as... something I can't come up with a proper simile for, I have that little faith in him.

Get ready for.... TIME SKIP NANAKO. Wouldn't that be awesome? Time Skip Nanako becomes a detective and is either against your team or supportive?

Her boss fight ends with you confounding her with simple magic tricks.

- It's sounds like music from Catherine.

-> Catherine was a great game.

--> Therefore, Persona 5 will be a great game but better.

That's a pretty logical conclusion
:p

Speaking of Catherine, do you guys think it would be possible for them to add that to P5 as a video game that MC can play when he is at home or arcades? Like how you could play Portal in Half-Life.

The delay stream had the MC playing some game that he apparently couldn't make it to the end of stage and ran out of time, so I have a tiny bit of hope that the game might have been Catherine...

Watch that scene be only a reference to P5's delay and not even be in the final version of the game :(

Zolo

That's a pretty logical conclusion
:p

Speaking of Catherine, do you guys think it would be possible for them to add that to P5 as a video game that MC can play when he is at home or arcades? Like how you could play Portal in Half-Life.

The delay stream had the MC playing some game that he apparently couldn't make it to the end of stage and ran out of time, so I have a tiny bit of hope that the game might have been Catherine...

Watch that seen be only a reference to P5's delay and not even be in the final version of the game :(

The name of the game was Star Forneus 1988. It was essentially a NES-type system.

The name of the game was Star Forneus 1988. It was essentially a NES-type system.

So it's supposed to be an actual mini-game? Nice.

I hope we get more of those. I always love it when games have other mini-games within themselves (one of the reasons I love Yakuza series so much). As I said, having Catherine in P5 would be godlike but porting an entire game to PS4 might be a little too much for P-Studio.

At the very least, I hope they put that Rapunzel game in there.

But it looked like the one we saw in the trailer was just button mashing.

Oh, yeah. Just looked it up on youtube and it really was just button mashing.

That's not really a mini-game Atlus.... :(

hughesta

Banned
I'm starting to think that we might be going p3 with a an opposing group of persona users. Since we're hinted to be thieves and mc has lupin, I could easily see a detective group with a Sherlock Holmes persona in the group. That's my stupid theory in throwing out there.
The Phantom Thieves vs Raidou

Zolo

So if the schedule says the Tokyo Tower event should happen at 3:00 - 7:00 or so for the U.S., how come it currently says there's only about 72 hours left where it would be night time at that point?

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Sounds like a fair number of people are going to watch the stream live. I'm just going to do what I always do, which is wait to see what shakes out and then complain about being an EU Atlus fan.

Eh, if I wake up early I'll be able to watch the start of the stream until I have to leave for classes. But I have a presentation on 5/5 so I'm not doing that even though I really want to be present for the stream shenanigans. I'll just have to read through this the OT when I wake up. But depending on how the main event is structured I might be able to catch it without upsetting my schedule for the day. Do we know how long the main event is going to be?

Edit: Roughly an hour then there's the PSC thing, right?

Setsu00

Since I already predicted the Japanese release date with 100% precision (September 15, 2016 - just in case anyone forgot), I decided to make another prediction: The P5 anime will show the characters invade Tokyo Tower and they will obviously stream the entire thing during the main event.

Since I already predicted the Japanese release date with 100% precision (September 15, 2016 - just in case anyone forgot), I decided to make another prediction: The P5 anime will show the characters invade Tokyo Tower and they will obviously stream the entire thing during the main event.
What do your 100% accurate predictions say about the American release date?

Dantis

Bingo time again.

Pfft. Way too safe!

I mean, you're definitely right, but you need some madness in there, man.

Hello everyone

So people have been throwing around wild theories on the remaining party members that will appear in P5, and I've decided to throw my hat in the ring. Now I've seen all kinds of great speculation, but consider this:

Black man in black (or bmib for short) sticks out for several obvious reasons, and it is my belief that he will be the next Persona 5 party member. Why? Well consider his expression; his coworkers have a bored look, but bmib is curious. Curious about what exactly? Well we're rather short on details, but it is my belief that he's aware of the existence of the Phantom and is intrigued by him. But why? Well his actual existence of course! He's a black man in Japan working the security detail... he must feel incredible marginalized and isolated, and weighed down by the harsh realities of society. And is P5 explicitly about? Breaking free from those chains that bind you! It is my belief that once the Phantom clashes with bmib, he'll be incorporated into the group, allowing him to pursue his true dream of owning an otaku shop and relieving racial tensions throughout all of Japan.

But hey, that's just a theory....

PK knows what's up.

Levito

Banned
It's amazing to think Persona 5 is (probably) finally getting a release date. It feels like yesterday I was arguing in the Persona OT about potential announcement dates. (This was back in 2013)

Time flies.

Mediking

It's amazing to think Persona 5 is (probably) finally getting a release date. It feels like yesterday I was arguing in the Persona OT about potential announcement dates. (This was back in 2013)

Time flies.

It's prolly gonna get a release date announcement for Japan. But why do people keep thinking an release date will be announced for everybody else at the event????

Levito

Banned
It's prolly gonna get a release date announcement for Japan. But why do people keep thinking an release date will be announced for everybody else at the event????

A release date in Japan is a release date all the same, it means development of the game is nearing it's end. A western release date wont be far behind.

Keep in mind that for us old school PGAF folk that we've been talking about this game for years before it was initially announced.

Sophia

A release date in Japan is a release date all the same, it means development of the game is nearing it's end. A western release date wont be far behind.

Keep in mind that for us old school PGAF folk that we've been talking about this game for years before it was initially announced.

Ah man... feels like ages ago we were speculating on the theme of Persona 5 and if it'd be related to the then-cliffhangers presented in Persona 4 Arena.

I feel old now... >_>

Mediking

image.php

Oh and uhhhhh.... Where is your avatar from???

Wasn't AtlusUSA's first mention of the whole 2015 thing right after the February Stream?

We probably won't get a firm release date from the stream itself, but we might get a ballpark announcement.

Wasn't AtlusUSA's first mention of the whole 2015 thing right after the February Stream?

We probably won't get a firm release date from the stream itself, but we might get a ballpark announcement.

The game was always announced as 2015 for NA, since before we even had any footage.

They could always put something up to coincide with this stream of course.

Top Bottom