• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Makio

Im 78% this is not getting delay again , but not so sure about we get a exact release date.

But sure there are going to deliver hard , a lot of stuff to look forward for sure.

Plus that's today right , i mean like in less of 20 hours.

Sophia

Crimson is right in that they did not book the Tokyo Tower just to announce a delay.

And Levito is right in that ya'll need to have faith. You gotta believe!

Sub-Personas sounds like a great way to add further depth to the series, but haven't you spoken about how PQ handles that system poorly before?

The biggest problem with PQ's system is that it's got hidden mechanics that aren't explained to the player, specifically the level penalty. Fleshing that out and making it all visible to the player would solve that problem.

If Atlus USA actually were localising the game when they were adament on '2015' then I could see a 2016 release for the west. Probably winter time.

If they weren't then I'd guess early 2017, unless they can pull off a localising miracle.

As for the Tokyo Tower show, I cant watch it because im at work, so the salt caused by a delay wouldnt be as fun as watching it live with people. Im guessing August 2016 for JP.

I think I've made up my mind: if the NA release of P5 is three or more months after Japan, I'm importing. I'm not patient enough.

Unless the JP version comes with english subs (stupidly unlikely), theres nothing that can get me to import.

I dont know a lick of japanese so literally everything would be lost on me and would probably sour my experience of the game.

Edit: On that note, I hope Atlus USA go the route of Ultra Despair Girls and offer out a JP voice pack dlc type thingy. The cast is too good to miss out on entirely. Hell, I'd probably even pay for a JP voice pack.

I believe Ultimax did have English voice acting, but not text.

Ultimax was a weird one. IIRC in the JP ver it had both Japanese and English voices for story mode, but only Japanese text. Then the English release was English only, but had dual language for battles. Arena had everything in everything, but we know how that turned out.

hughesta

Banned
team faith for me. I don't see how it'd be delayed at this point. Sure it might not come to the US until 2017 (tho I believe it'll hit this year
sorry EU
) but I'm excited.

Levito

Banned
My favorite PGAF meltdown was people saying they were gonna boycott Persona Q because Troy Baker wasn't Kanji.

Memories~

My favorite PGAF meltdown was people saying they were gonna boycott Persona Q because Troy Baker wasn't Kanji.

Memories~

Wasn't an active member but how was the reaction when p3 protagonist didn't show up in ultimax. Heard a lot of complaints outside of neogaf.

Setsu00

Wasn't an active member but how was the reaction when
p3 protagonist
didn't show up in ultimax. Heard a lot of complaints outside of neogaf.

I don't think it was a huge problem in here. I do remember some debates ahead of its release though whether he should appear in the game or not.

Levito

Banned
Another favorite meltdown: Back in 2013 Atlus had a "big announcement" planned to be revealed on Gametrailers TV back when they had an actual show on SpikeTV. Everyone assumed it was Persona 5 because "LOGIC" and it turned out that they were just publishing that Daylight horror game.

Aw man. lmao

QuadOpto

We're talkin about favorite PGAF meltdowns?

I think the Datsu Nugu trial was the best/worst to have ever occurred.

People thinking that, for some reason, we'd get P5 info from a stream on P4GA merchandise...

Anyone who got their hopes up for that one deserved the hours of Teddie molestation they bared witness to. (Me included...)

We're talkin about favorite PGAF meltdowns?

I think the Datsu Nugu trial was the best/worst to have ever occurred.

People thinking that, for some reason, we'd get P5 info from a stream on P4GA merchandise...

Anyone who got their hopes up for that one deserved the hours of Teddie molestation they beared witness to. (Me included...)

I am so glad I ended up sleeping though that.

Edit: fixed that for you

QuadOpto

Ah? I thought the stream was for the announcement of P4GA to begin with (As in I thought we already knew P4GA would be a thing by then)

Guess I was wrong then. Honestly what else did they do on that stream though? Cuz from the parts of it I watched it was mostly P4 merchandise and voice actors harassing a guy in a Teddie suit. :p

Makio

How many hours left, where is the dude with the real countdowns...

HYPE TRAIN

#TeamFaith #TeamSummer #TeamAmericainE3

Mediking

How many hours left, where is the dude with the real countdowns...

HYPE TRAIN

#TeamFaith #TeamSummer #TeamAmericainE3

latest

Got a feeling we're gonna see more of that... ^

Makio

Got a feeling we're gonna see more of that... ^

More Persona 3 stage plays ... im in.
-------

Since im too lazy to made a bingo card , im going to made my calls for tonight to see what i "call it".

-3-4 minutes trailer with more gameplay scenes.
-1-2 new character reveal (artwork and names come later) *can be party member or antagonist story releated.
-Game artwork cover reveal
-Anime release date or more info.
-Persona Music Live 2016 info / news.
-Persona 20th anniversary announcements
-Some new music tracks or vocal / full version of a previous one (Pv01 / Pv02)
-Another interview with Hashino.
-Teddie trolling the hell out of us before , meanwhile and after the show.
-Morgana taking Twitter (she didnt do it already).
-Japanese release date , at least a month window (July 2016 - September 2016).

And i suppose in Dengeki and other magazines , we get the names and artwork of the characters they reveal , more insight in gameplay and storyline.Like they do with Yusuke back in the day.

Not like expect they show everything i put above (they can perfectly do it in 1 hour) but like the things i expect , something more will be awesome.

I dont see they talking about P3 / P4 at least in the main show or P5 getting another delay , but im ready to be proven so wrong like the other times.

MY BODY IS READY , Bring it on Atlus.

Mediking

More Persona 3 stage plays ... im in.
-------

Since im too lazy to made a bingo card , im going to made my calls for tonight to see what i "call it".

-3-4 minutes trailer with more gameplay scenes.
-1-2 new character reveal (artwork and names come later) *can be party member or antagonist story releated.
-Game artwork cover reveal
-Anime release date or more info.
-Persona Music Live 2016 info / news.
-Persona 20th anniversary announcements
-Some new music tracks or vocal / full version of a previous one (Pv01 / Pv02)
-Another interview with Hashino.
-Teddie trolling the hell out of us before , meanwhile and after the show.
-Morgana taking Twitter (she didnt do it already).
-Japanese release date , at least a month window (July 2016 - September 2016).

And i suppose in Dengeki and other magazines , we get the names and artwork of the characters they reveal , more insight in gameplay and storyline.Like they do with Yusuke back in the day.

Not like expect they show everything i put above (they can perfectly do it in 1 hour) but like the things i expect , something more will be awesome.

I dont see they talking about P3 / P4 at least in the main show or P5 getting another delay , but im ready to be proven so wrong like the other times.

MY BODY IS READY , Bring it on Atlus.

10/10 LET'S GO

Top Bottom