• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

I don't remember whether or not I asked Persona 5 GAF this before, but even if I did, it's worth asking again.

If a translation all the text for Persona 5 popped up on the internet before the NA release date, would you import?

Persona 5 seems to be a very hyped title. Would this be a good introduction game for a newcomer like me.

Also, is Persona and Shin Megami Tensei part of the same universe?
I always thought they were the same thing.

They aren't, but since Persona is a SMT spin-off they have some things in common. Very different vibes though.

Tamanon

Banned
Persona 5 seems to be a very hyped title. Would this be a good introduction game for a newcomer like me.

Also, is Persona and Shin Megami Tensei part of the same universe?
I always thought they were the same thing.

It should be a fine introduction, as the games tend to only have small things to do with each other.

SMT is a different style than Persona, with more of a focus on collecting and raising demons. I'd say that SMT is like a super-dark version of Pokemon, while Persona is more like Final Fantasy.

Setsu00

Love the design on this new character:
http://i.imgur.com/xeER9I5.jpg

Also,
two
new damage types,
nuclear and void?
http://i.imgur.com/3N0m4V6.jpg

That's Necronomicon, presumably the hacker girl's Persona. Hermit Arcana.

Also, witness true beauty:

01_cs1w1_409x500.jpg

PK Gaming

I don't remember whether or not I asked Persona 5 GAF this before, but even if I did, it's worth asking again.

If a translation all the text for Persona 5 popped up on the internet before the NA release date, would you import?

Nah, way too much of a hassle to play that way

(I've tried in the past, lol)

hughesta

Banned
I'll be able to import the P5 CE to NA with relatively little hassle now that Amazon does international shipping, right?

please say yes

Oh ok, I forgot to mention.

As unlikely as it'll happen, I'd like to see this come to the Nintendo NX.

I'd buy a PS4, but I'm focused on saving money for Nintendo's new console.

Usually I would say no but I really want to play persona 5 and I'm a fan of the Japanese dub as it is. Will purchase again when localised though.

Looks like Anne and Ryuiji are a couple.

That would be interesting. A female party member that is off limits for MC from the get go.
I don't think that's what's happening there though, she looks awfully calm considering he's having ocular sex with another girl.

Makio

Since im too lazy to made a bingo card , im going to made my calls for tonight to see what i "call it".

-3-4 minutes trailer with more gameplay scenes.
-1-2 new character reveal (artwork and names come later) *can be party member or antagonist story releated.
-Game artwork cover reveal
-Anime release date or more info.
-Persona 20th anniversary announcements
-Some new music tracks or vocal / full version of a previous one (Pv01 / Pv02)
-Another interview with Hashino.
-Teddie trolling the hell out of us before , meanwhile and after the show.
-Morgana taking Twitter (she didnt do it already).
-Japanese release date , at least a month window (July 2016 - September 2016).

I dont see they talking about P3 / P4 at least in the main show or P5 getting another delay , but im ready to be proven so wrong like the other times.

MY BODY IS READY , Bring it on Atlus.

Wow i fucking called it everything .... im proud lol. Only fails in the Persona Music Live thing and the numbers of characters (2) instead of 4... i wasnt expecting that many

Makio

Weve seen Ms Punchy Motrocycle before right?. I feel like I did

Not matter what people say .... she is Scrunchy Chan mark 2.
My favorite character from the new ones.

But damn the navi girl is geek as Fuuka and beautiful as Rise ... dangerous Waifu material there

Sophia

Gameplay observations made from the staff interview:

• Seems after scoring a weakness, you can select a different party member to get another turn. The game calls this Battle Touch. I don't know if you can select the same character you were just playing, but the animation + the party member who scored the weakness being off to the side implies you can't. Effectively a modernized Press Turn system
  • Guns have actual ammo. You can see the protagonist has 16 bullets. There appears to be some sort of special feature too.
  • Only the protagonist can switch Personas, just like P3 and P4 before it. Laaame. :(
  • Getting the jump on an enemy sometimes instant kills them, and sometimes starts the battle with player advantage. The game says "Chance" when this happens.
  • Holy crap the battle transitions are so smooth.

Lusankya

Think they're probably close because wouldn't Anne be more pissed if ryuji was creeping on glasses girl so openly. Would prefer it though because then punchy has less competition.

Actually he is "creeping" on Anne, the cuts are misleading.

SJWB7UE.gif

90yqeXP.gif

Watch at Anne's and Inkling-chan's swimsuits.

But hey, maybe Anne is just casual and good friends with Ryuji. Just resting her arm on his shoulder is nothing extraordinary e.g. in Germany where I live. Maybe it's just to show she is not completely Japanese and not as stiff.

Makio

I wondering about the song they use .... this is the real version of the opening theme.

Is a new song , is a remix .... im confused and sound frickin awesome.

yuuki

SJWB7UE.gif

90yqeXP.gif

but well he gawking at both and anne doesnt even care ^^
my guess is that they are more like childhood friend.
Maybe they knew eachother even before anne seemingly moved away and meet again after she came back.

yuuki

I'm so glad the old lady was back. I still have no idea who she is. I've asked. Several times.

yeah the old lady was a nice touch. So where the jail door opening in the new pv.

in pv3 they just run right behidn them, now the actually opened them, kinda symboling "here we come"

Makio

Im just notice the persona of navigation-chan (need those names Atlus) is a fuckin UFO, Jesus.... this trailer a lot to process

Ooohhh! Hm... Well, it would be cool to have romance going on within the party that didn't involve the MC. Players would probably feel cheated out of a chance to get more intimite with Ann during her social link though, assuming those are still in.

Sophia

Minor story spoiler inferred from the battle footage regarding party members and dungeons:

Hacker girl does not join the party until after the art museum. Morgana is both a party member AND support until then.

Nimby

Banned
List of all new demons/persona I saw:

agathion
Silky
Koppa tengu
Rangda
Soul Hackers Mitra
Queen Mab
Nue
Jack Frost
Kumbhanda?
Isis
Anubis
Anzu

Lusankya

Ooohhh! Hm... Well, it would be cool to have romance going on within the party that didn't involve the MC. Players would probably feel cheated out of a chance to get more intimite with Ann during her social link though, assuming those are still in.

Who knows. We know they are all good friends, so having Anne resting her arm on Ryuiji's shoulder doesn't have to mean anything.

Makio

The fourth guy is in the trailer at all ? ... im rewatching and i dont see him anywhere.

If wasnt for the cover i just thought they add 3 girls more and call it a day.

Minor story spoiler inferred from the battle footage regarding party members and dungeons:

Hacker girl does not join the party until after the art museum. Morgana is both a party member AND support until then.

That's a trend I don't mind.

Also, who hasn't seen the victory screen (more like sequence)? Since it's far more elaborate, would it make sense for there to be less encounters?

Oh right :p

UFO is Necronomicon, so Lovecraft is back in Persona.

Most Nyarly, dude. :p

Top Bottom