• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Oh yeah, I'm surprised that there didn't seem to be any further hinting or reveal concerning Morgana's supposed transformation abilities. Guess they're still keeping that under wraps for now, since all indications pointed to him/her being able to transform into at least a car, motivated by being tossed in the sky.

There's a few things from earlier trailers that haven't really been revisited yet, like the shopkeepers in PV1, or the minigames in PV3.

Oh yeah, I'm surprised that there didn't seem to be any further hinting or reveal concerning Morgana's supposed transformation abilities. Guess they're still keeping that under wraps for now, since all indications pointed to him/her being able to transform into at least a car, motivated by being tossed in the sky.
Maybe this could be his/her transformation? At least this is really the only scene that could hint at it:
http://i.imgur.com/f4LaDaP.jpg

I'm under the impression that Morgana doesn't have a human form.

As for the black haired person, my guess that they're a friend of ryuji's , or even a sibling. Assuming Ryuji's blondeness is dye.

And then I realized nearly every persona character is an only child. head canons for protagonists and unofficial siblings nonwidthstanding.

FluxWaveZ

I kinda hope this team has a traitor. Though, from what we've seen, I could only point to the unknown male character on the box art who insists on wearing leather gloves and keeping half of his face hidden.

Makio

I kinda hope this team has a traitor. Though, from what we've seen, I could only point to the unknown male character on the box art who insists on wearing leather gloves and keeping half of his face hidden.

With a cast this likeable (everyone seems to love it so far) could be very powerful if they handled right aka
Better than itkuski.

cj_iwakura

Was pleasantly surprised to see that many new faces. Hope I'm not the only one who was reminded of Robotics;Notes' Frau when Megane showed up.

latest

Someone suggested that UFOs are notorious for abducting (=stealing) people, but I don't quite get how that relates to the Necronomicon.

Well, the Necronimicon is a book, which tends to be a receptacle of information, no?
What else would be better for the manager for tactical data?

Also, going into the UFO thing, abducting livestock is more in line with stealing, not to mention the probing usually associated with it ties into analysis being her function.

Analysis.

anal

Strimei

Someone suggested that UFOs are notorious for abducting (=stealing) people, but I don't quite get how that relates to the Necronomicon.

Well, the Necronomicon is tied to the whole Cthulhu mythos and all, right? And some (well, many, if not most) of the beings are cosmic and all, so...still bit of a stretch though.

Makio

Im very curious about the opening of the game now .... they really hide / non include 4 characters at all.
How long is the opening really , what they hide in those 8 seconds or they be more seconds hidden.

And how about the pv04 song , judging for the lyrics sound like a updated version from the theme we got from the pv01

cj_iwakura

So if the US release is after the JP one(and let's face it, it probably is), who's importing? I imported Catherine and... uh, mostly figured out the plot, so I'm tempted.

Sophia

Whoa, is that where battles end? Where's that from? In PV4, it seems like battles end with this static screen:

I hope that's not the case.

Top one is from the staff interview, and it is the proper end of battle.

Bottom one is what appears to happen if you instantly kill an enemy on the field, I think.

So if the US release is after the JP one(and let's face it, it probably is), who's importing? I imported Catherine and... uh, mostly figured out the plot, so I'm tempted.

I'll wait. I've got high hopes for a 2016 US release.

Whoa, is that where battles end? Where's that from? In PV4, it seems like battles end with this static screen:

The running one is from the Director Interview (also up on Atlus' youtube page).

If I had to guess, the bottom screen is what you get if you skip through battle finishes

Strimei

I'm waiting. I'd rather be able to fully understand things. Though I admit the Japanese cast makes it tempting.

Zolo

Brown-haired dude must join really late. If you take into account glasses joins August, 'Adieu' joins September/October, then that puts him at maybe October/November.

Dugna

Top one could be the animation leading up to the bottom static screen, I mean it would be alittle silly to have Phantom dude run in circles while you idle.

Lunar15

While I know some people aren't sold on the UI (even though most are) I think it's important to note how refreshing it is to see someone so absolutely dialed in on this part of design. Honestly, P5 is bar-raising in this aspect.

It's hard to fully describe what I mean, but it just feels like for the type of game P5 is (a turn-based anime JRPG) it seems like a massive, massive leap forward. It's the next generation of this type of game.

Squire

Banned
This is seriously the sexiest victory animation I've ever seen in a game. I hope this inspires other JRPG developers to spice things up with flavor.

Honestly, when it comes down to aesthetic this should be an inspiration to pretty much every studio in the industry right now.

Brown-haired dude must join really late. If you take into account glasses joins August, 'Adieu' joins September/October, then that puts him at maybe October/November.

Also assuming it goes the standard end at December/January route. I wouldn't be surprised if goes a bit longer than that this go around.

Top Bottom