• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

_Ryo_

Is there any possibility that the new sreenshots of the game that are in Famitsu are released online in HQ. It looks like quite a few dispict what may be Persona 5's version of social linking. (cooperation), at least so far as with the party members which is pretty interesting because that is the area where we have the least amount of information.

MC having lunch at a diner with Okumura Haru

MC chilling out with Futaba Sakura and reading Magazines.

Having a discussion with Niijima Makoto in the streets of Shibuya.

Then there appears to be some kind of festival/holiday with most of the core group hanging out, (From left to right: Yosuke, Haru, Sakura, MC, Anne, Ryuji) there are balloonss, ribbens and what look like Christmas lights, their all starking at girl in a Maid Café getup.

I hope someone translates the dialogue boxes. I'd attempt to do so but
1. The pics are so small, it's hard to read the Kanji.I can read most of the kana though.
2. I'm not that confident in my ability to do so.
3. I'm using the phone.

Anyway as far as Slinking goes I think I'm most interested in Yosuke and Ryuji. Sakura as well because I'm interested in how a really shy person interacts with someone extremely outgoing and decisive and vis versa.

Squire

Banned
For whatever reason (I guess no reason), I took the shot
of MC and Makoto to be their first time meeting one another.

I want the new girl to be a social link. Don't need romance but the new character
sae niijima
. Milady and Carmen need a dual attack. Still not convinced by hacker but her persona still sounds good.

Squire

Banned
I want the new girl to be a social link. Don't need romance but the new character
sae niijima
. Milady and Carmen need a dual attack. Still not convinced by hacker but her persona still sounds good.

If Sae is MCs parole officer, that can be S. Link that tied into the core story and ranks up at predetermined points. Basically the same as Teddy in P4.

Wouldn't it make more sense for them to meet at school?

Yeah, but I'm thinking she's coming to see Sae, he's leaving, and so the two bump into each other.

This is all totally just a hunch though. That scene could be anything.

Lusankya

If Sae is MCs parole officer, that can be S. Link that tied into the core story and ranks up at predetermined points. Basically the same as Teddy in P4.

Yeah, but I'm thinking she's coming to see Sae, he's leaving, and so the two bump into each other.

Maybe it becomes a little bit clearer once somebody translates what Makoto is saying in that image.

Zolo

Is it the one with October in the top-left corner? That's definitely not the first time they meet.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Why do so many of you want Sherlock Holmes as a Persona? He'd be fucking lame, and not absolutely rad like the Popeocyle.

muteki

Not a big fan of Haru's fashion sense so far, everyone else looks outstanding. I'm sure we will probably get to switch outfits at some point too.

Lunar15

Why do so many of you want Sherlock Holmes as a Persona? He'd be fucking lame, and not absolutely rad like the Popeocyle.

It's not that I particularly want him, but Sherlock appears in some of the Arsene Lupin stories as somewhat of a rival to Lupin. Also, Atlus has a gigantic fetish for detectives.

Squire

Banned
I really like how the characters are fitting into typical heist movie roles so far. Makoto as the driver is awesome, especially with her bikesona.

Was just going to say I love that shot. Makoto is definitely my favorite design here

LOL @ Yusuke in the backseat. That guy is somewhere else entirely.

Lunar15

Everything looks great, but it's mentioned that when they need to plan out stuff, they meet at the top of the school.

We've seen like, 3 different areas where they "meet up" at this point, complete with the "exit" button. There was that bridge over the street from the first gameplay trailer, the screenshots of the indoor bridge, and now the rooftop.

Will all of these be in the game, or is this something that keeps getting changed in development? Makes sense that it would change once they get Yusuke, since he doesn't go to that school, but we had only Ryuji and Anne in both the bridge and rooftop scenes.

PK Gaming

[scan redacted]

P5MC looks like he's having a bad time

and Yusuke's like "if you're going to be sick, do it when you're at least 10 meters away from me"

Everything looks great, but it's mentioned that when they need to plan out stuff, they meet at the top of the school.

We've seen like, 3 different areas where they "meet up" at this point, complete with the "exit" button. There was that bridge over the street from the first gameplay trailer, the screenshots of the indoor bridge, and now the rooftop.

Will all of these be in the game, or is this something that keeps getting changed in development? Makes sense that it would change once they get Yusuke, since he doesn't go to that school, but we had only Ryuji and Anne in both the bridge and rooftop scenes.

This might be a bit of a stretch, but maybe where they plan the heists changes based on what they're stealing, kinda like scoping out your target.
So if the theory that the gym teacher is the first target is true, they plan that heist at school
. I'm thinking that shot of the bridge over the street from the first trailer was something totally different.

I have to say that yusuke might be the secret star party member. He's barely had any acknowledgement in the trailers minus a persona reveal and standing around in the background. I wonder if we will get a Michael Caine Italian job party member.

Yeah, feels like Yusuke has had by far the least focus of any one.

And the final party member was in the key visual in famitsu. Weird how inconsistent they're being with showing him.

FluxWaveZ

Yusuke pages of reveal article all to himself. It's just that people here don't really talk about him.

Nah, he's right. Even though we know a bunch about Yusuke's background and what his deal is (at least compared to the others), I would agree that he's the party member besides Crow where his actual personality has been revealed the least.

I love his expression on the box art.
EKagGYm.jpg
It's been said before but, after people thought he might be Jun 2.0, I definitely feel that he'll be a lot more haughty and mean-spirited than that.

QuadOpto

Ooh! Staring at the scans, I noticed one thing with my minor degree of japanese translation skills.

The attack that Makoto uses in the last page of the Famitsu scans (The one that causes a cut-in attack) has the name in katakana -- "Fu-re-i", which, I think correlates to Frei, the first-tier Nuclear skill in P1 and P2.

Confirms that their adding nuclear elemental skills! (Unless they're going to decide to stick with calling it Almighty.)

Also, just wanna note that, uh, Makoto's cut-in is pretty menacing. Guess her thief-ego is pretty brutal.

Lunar15

Nah, he's right. Even though we know a bunch about Yusuke's background and what his deal is (at least compared to the others), I would agree that he's the party member besides Crow where his actual personality has been revealed the least.

I love his expression on the box art.

It's been said before but, after people thought he might be Jun 2.0, I definitely feel that he'll be a lot more haughty and mean-spirited than that.

Not sure what to make of his personality yet. I'm getting sort of a mix between deadpan and snarky, but also kind of out there like he's in his own little world. Makes sense with the whole artist angle.

Haven't seen enough to really go off yet.

Sophia

Ooh! Staring at the scans, I noticed one thing with my minor degree of japanese translation skills.

The attack that Makoto uses in the last page of the Famitsu scans (The one that causes a cut-in attack) has the name in katakana -- "Fu-re-i", which, I think correlates to Frei, the first-tier Nuclear skill in P1 and P2.

Confirms that their adding nuclear elemental skills! (Unless they're going to decide to stick with calling it Almighty.)

Also, just wanna note that, uh, Makoto's cut-in is pretty menacing. Guess her thief-ego is pretty brutal.

I bet the existing Almighty skills will be added to the Nuclear category like how Persona 1 had it, and they'll save Almighty for stuff that's outside the norm.

Guess Who

Banned
I bet the existing Almighty skills will be added to the Nuclear category like how Persona 1 had it, and they'll save Almighty for stuff that's outside the norm.

Megido* was only Nuclear in P1 because there was no Almighty, I think. P2 moved them to Almighty and kept Nuclear separate.

Lusankya

Is there any explanation to the screen with Anne and the Gym teacher? Is that really her, because it always looked like she was part of the "rescue team"?

Sophia

Megido* was only Nuclear in P1 because there was no Almighty, I think. P2 moved them to Almighty and kept Nuclear separate.

This is true, but they'll need something in the Nuclear category that's single target if it's being added. I doubt the Frei line will be all-enemies only. They know how that worked out with Naoto in Persona 4 vanilla. =P

Guess Who

Banned
This is true, but they'll need something in the Nuclear category that's single target if it's being added. I doubt the Frei line will be all-enemies only. They know how that worked out with Naoto in Persona 4 vanilla. =P

Frei is single-target, Megido is all-target. You've got it backwards!

They could always create Mafrei skills if they want, which seems like the obvious thing to do.

Sophia

Frei is single-target, Megido is all-target. You've got it backwards!

They could always create Mafrei skills if they want, which seems like the obvious thing to do.

Frei is single target in Persona 1, but multi-target in Persona 2.

And yeah, a Ma- line seems most likely if they're keeping almighty as is.

Is there any explanation to the screen with Anne and the Gym teacher? Is that really her, because it always looked like she was part of the "rescue team"?

If I recall correctly,
the gym teacher boss has a smaller, less clothed version of Anne in his wine glass, this could explain it

Lusankya

If I recall correctly,
the gym teacher boss has a smaller, less clothed version of Anne in his wine glass, this could explain it

Yeah, I remember that.
So I wonder if that's some doppelgänger version of Anne similar to the shadows?

The look is freaking amazing. She surely is a no nonsense girl and will probably be like the secret boss of the gang.

Lunar15

My Guess:
Anne isn't in the team when they start this dungeon. Rather, she's the thing that kicks off this dungeon: She's getting stalked by the gym teacher because of her looks. Because he's known for being a stalker king, Ryuji and the Hero decide to stop him by stealing his heart. Once they find him, Anne is there and she's relenting to his oppressive nature, but eventually breaks out of it and grasps her persona. It looks like all of the team members are involved in the dungeons in some way, and then learn to fight against whatever is oppressing them, which releases their persona.

Or it could be a doppel/illusion, as others have said.

If I recall correctly,

I just hope this doesn't become persona 4 in terms of rescuing a party member per dungeon scenario. I can see one for biker and one for yusuke. They do seem to be able to fight with the team rather than just needing to be rescued.

Lunar15

I just hope this doesn't become persona 4 in terms of rescuing a party member per dungeon scenario. I can see one for biker and one for yusuke. They do seem to be able to fight with the team rather than just needing to be rescued.

I think it's a bit of both. Just the whole "getting their persona" thing happens halfway through the dungeon rather than at the end of it. Somehow these characters end up in these dungeons without their Personas.

My Guess:
The bosses of the dungeons have some way to literally steal "hearts" or "souls" or whatever it is, as soon as the phantom thieves steal back the heart of whoever they're trying to help, that person shows up in the dungeon and fights back.

Top Bottom