• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

I think it's a bit of both. Just the whole "getting their persona" thing happens halfway through the dungeon rather than at the end of it. Somehow these characters end up in these dungeons without their Personas.

My Guess:
The bosses of the dungeons have some way to literally steal "hearts" or "souls" or whatever it is, as soon as the phantom thieves steal back the heart of whoever they're trying to help, that person shows up in the dungeon and fights back.

That's probably the best compromise I can think of and it's also good for the character to actively fight back. Love the car picture in the scans, got my final party all in the same shot.

Lusankya

The casual outfit designs for the female characters really stand out. Sakura, Ann, and Punchy all look unique and great. Not a fan of frenchies casual outfit

You can barely see Anne's clothes, though. But she wears Chucks, so that's already a big plus. Makoto has indeed a great outfit, finally a female character that doesn't wear skirts all the time
and doesn't try to look like a boy.

My Guess:
Anne isn't in the team when they start this dungeon. Rather, she's the thing that kicks off this dungeon: She's getting stalked by the gym teacher because of her looks. Because he's known for being a stalker king, Ryuji and the Hero decide to stop him by stealing his heart. Once they find him, Anne is there and she's relenting to his oppressive nature, but eventually breaks out of it and grasps her persona. It looks like all of the team members are involved in the dungeons in some way, and then learn to fight against whatever is oppressing them, which releases their persona.

Or it could be a doppel/illusion, as others have said.

PV3 has the shot of Anne being restrained in the dungeon as her mask appears and she's in her uniform during all this. I would assume the Anne that's with the boss in those scans is probably an illusion or double used to taunt Anne/the party.

Lusankya

PV3 has the shot of Anne being restrained in the dungeon as her mask appears and she's in her uniform during all this. I would assume the Anne that's with the boss in those scans is probably an illusion or double used to taunt Anne/the party.

Yeah, you can also see
cat ear Anne in his wine glass, while real Anne is in the party fighting him.

Tamanon

Banned
I think I like Makoto the best out of the designs. Futaba has really cool fashion, but I'm not a fan of her face. Haru really reminds me of Fuuka for some reason.

Either way, all the characters are great looking designs thus far. Will be interested to see how their personalities and mannerisms are.

You can barely see Anne's clothes, though. But she wears Chucks, so that's already a big plus. Makoto has indeed a great outfit, finally a female character that doesn't wear skirts all the time
and doesn't try to look like a boy.

Uh...Mitsuru and Chie have pants/shorts on in their Winter and Casual outfits respectively.

_Ryo_

I have a weird question to ask. Are the scans really in HQ because on my computer they still seem kind of blurry. Is the dialouge text supposed to be clear?

could it be my isp compressing the images or something

Lunar15

Has anyone mentioned this bit about the interrogator:
Her necklace is that same symbol (§) from the Shuujin high school logo.

Squire

Banned
I think I like Makoto the best out of the designs. Futaba has really cool fashion, but I'm not a fan of her face. Haru really reminds me of Fuuka for some reason.

Either way, all the characters are great looking designs thus far. Will be interested to see how their personalities and mannerisms are.

I think Haru is channeling P3-era Soejima, which is good, just different.

I agree though. I think Makoto and Haru best communicate the juxtaposition between the characters daily lives and their thief personas (heh). The IT stood out because Atlus wanted them to, but Soejima's done a great job of designing city slickers that need to believably stay under the radar in the context of the story, but are still stylish and unique-looking to us, the audience.

It's a tough balancing act he has to pull here, so I'm not surprised if some things just don't work for people.

Zolo

I usually switch around between all characters. That said, I expect the optimal party for me to be MC, Healer, Buffer/Debuffer, *Someone else who has useful skills*

I usually switch around between all characters. That said, I expect the optimal party for me to be MC, Healer, Buffer/Debuffer, *Someone else who has useful skills*

I always switch around for dungeons depending on whose got a low level and not been used but I confirm my final boss party from the get go. Matoko, yusuke and Anne are my trio members. Anne's seems to be healer, Matoko does heavy damage and yusuke is buffer.

I absolutely hate getting forced to pick characters based on roles...I just want to pick my favorite characters

Everyone must be the same level at all times in my games (even Persona Q, boy was that a slog).

Easiest way to do this, always have your lowest level party members active!

I gave up trying to have everyone at the same level ages ago, as it's just not worth the hassle. I don't let anyone fall too far behind, though. I leveled everyone on my first run through PQ. On the second I just went for the power quintet, though. Wasn't worth keeping everyone even twice.

Sophia

The only time I ignore a character is when they're not outright not useful, like Naoto in the vanilla version of Persona 4. Otherwise, I level everyone up equally. Even was doing it in Persona Q on Risky too.

Everyone must be the same level at all times in my games (even Persona Q, boy was that a slog).

Hats off to you for the persona q commitment. I settled on abandoning a few by that time because it would have been an ordeal.

Strimei

I did the same. Basically rotated out group A (my preferred group) for group B for leveling at times just to keep everyone even. Figured it was wise in case one character became really useful for something later on. I didn't want to end up having to grind out levels later.

The only time I ignore a character is when they're not outright not useful, like Naoto in the vanilla version of Persona 4. Otherwise, I level everyone up equally. Even was doing it in Persona Q on Risky too.

Naoto is useful in
Heaven
in P4 vanilla, as there are tons of enemies weak to instant kills in that dungeon. Not great elsewhere, though. :/

Sophia

Naoto is useful in
Heaven
in P4 vanilla, as there are tons of enemies weak to instant kills in that dungeon. Not great elsewhere, though. :/

Yeah, but she's not useful for either the boss or the mini boss. No real resists and ineffective abilities that can't last the whole fight usually. She's effectively sucking up XP for a party member who could be useful for the bosses. That's why Persona 4 Golden gave her Agidyne and Garudyne.

A problem with vanilla P4 is that the developers messed up physical skills hard, and overvalued how powerful they are. Her physical skills are clearly intended for boss battles, but they're lackluster.

Mediking

Wvyc1GV.gif

Can't stop staring... Can't wait to see everybody in the party's animations during this victory event

Replaying P3FES and Edogawa is lecturing us on summoning magic throughout history.

"It's widely seen in books, movies, better video games, and so on..."

I totally forgot about that snippet of dialogue, lmao

Wvyc1GV.gif

Can't stop staring... Can't wait to see everybody in the party's animations during this victory event

This could be the greatest result screen depending on how it exactly ends. If it loops and stops on the result screen then meh but if it transforms into mc walking off then Atlus has the crown for best result screen.

This could be the greatest result screen depending on how it exactly ends. If it loops and stops on the result screen then meh but if it transforms into mc walking off then Atlus has the crown for best result screen.

Just heard that same mentality verbatim from the SBF cast, and it makes total sense.

Top Bottom