• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

You'd think it was like playing Wizardry the way people here put it.

I don't mean to make the game easy; I mean to make it accessible.

To be fair, I never found it difficult or confusing, I found it tedious.

But like I said, once you get past the really early game, you just fly through the rest.

There's already the idea that Ryuji and Anne are a thing at some point. Now I'm just wondering what to do with the rest.

An idea...? Based on just what was given in the trailers right? I'm just wondering if that's just speculation based on the info we have or actually some hints given in some of the materials about Ryuji and Anne having a romantic thing for each other.

Strimei

An idea...? Based on just what was given in the trailers right? I'm just wondering if that's just speculation based on the info we have or actually some hints given in some of the materials about Ryuji and Anne having a romantic thing for each other.

I think its mainly based on how Anne is leaning on Ryuji in the beach scene and Ryuji's reaction to her swimsuit reveal. No actual info otherwise.

Seems a stretch to me.

daevious

I always do that as well. Like, I create mental lists of the characters and she's always left off. Poor Fuuka.

Guilty of this too.

I think its mainly based on how Anne is leaning on Ryuji in the beach scene and Ryuji's reaction to her swimsuit reveal. No actual info otherwise.

Seems a stretch to me.

I don't think they're a couple either, but I do think that Anne will have a less hostile relationship with Ryuji in comparison to Yukari with Junpei and Chie with Yosuke.

I'm also guessing that the shipping between these two are going to be huge because people are never going to let that arm-rest go.

Seems a stretch to me.

Ah thanks for that!

The way I see that arm resting on Ryuji is Anne is just teasing him about the swimsuit reveal haha.

Strimei

I don't think they're a couple either, but I do think that Anne will have a less hostile relationship with Ryuji in comparison to Yukari with Junpei and Chie with Yosuke.

I'm also guessing that the shipping between these two are going to be huge because people are never going to let that arm-rest go.

Shippers gonna ship. I should know...

Ah thanks for that!

The way I see that arm resting on Ryuji is Anne is just teasing him about the swimsuit reveal haha.

Something like that, yeah. Its a guess on my part but I'm thinking the leaning part may also have something to do with Futaba's face reveal too. Like, Anne knew what was coming (maybe orchestrated her reveal) and is just enjoying it and the boys' reactions (especially given the blank eyed shock).

We'll see though. But yeah I doubt they're actually a couple.

PK Gaming

Pixie + Megido. You're good for half the game.

Ufbr5ej.gif

Almost making me want to replay EP just to disprove you.............................................

Jintor

a relationship close enough to tease that way would be a big change from the more (friendly) antagonistic relationship of your starters in P3 and P4.

though I always got the feeling that chie and yosuke just bickered because they'd always bickered.

a relationship close enough to tease that way would be a big change from the more (friendly) antagonistic relationship of your starters in P3 and P4.

though I always got the feeling that chie and yosuke just bickered because they'd always bickered.

I mean, it's kind of implied that they were somewhat close before the start of P4 since she lends him one of her favourite movies.

But it would be nice for Anne and Ryuji to have a completely healthy platonic relationship without any unnecessary animosity.

daevious

Shippers gonna ship. I should know...

I'm not saying I'm innocent with shipping either. I'm already shipping Phantom with Makoto entirely because dating your parole officers daughter/little sister is too funny for me to pass up.

That's practically a sign of marriage as far as shippers are concerned.

In the same way that Yosuke and Chie arguing makes them "an old married couple" ;>_>

Strimei

I'm not saying I'm innocent with shipping either. I'm already shipping Phantom with Makoto entirely because dating your parole officers daughter/little sister is too funny for me to pass up.

Hah, never thought of that angle, I have to admit. It has some good potential! On the one hand, mother/older sister could think that daughter/little sister could be a good influence. On the other, could be the reverse. And awkward besides. I can't wait to see how that plays out.

Makio

I want an anime of this ....

Speaking of anime , all my hype went off when they announce the Persona 5 animation is going to be done for A1 Pictures not Production I.G (the guys behind the cutscenes of the game).

Maybe since is only a 30 minute short they can do something "decent" but here im ready to see Persona 5 going to Golden Animation levels ... sad

daevious

I want an anime of this ....

Speaking of anime , all my hype went off when they announce the Persona 5 animation is going to be done for A1 Pictures not Production I.G (the guys behind the cutscenes of the game).

Maybe since is only a 30 minute short they can do something "decent" but here im ready to see Persona 5 going to Golden Animation levels ... sad

Wait, really?

Going to keep my expectations of the Anime in check now.

Makio

Wait really?.

That was Persona Central says.... im really surprised , judging they even include Production IG in the website of the game and everything

Here is me thinking their deal include the animation too.

A1 Pictures can be the great studio i see some people say , but at least in Persona material related their been regular / bad as fuck-

Zolo

There's also some rough translations of the supports from the scans with Makoto and Futaba along with the interrogator(Sae):

Makoto:
“I feel the same, if you were to get into trouble I definitely would support you with all I have.”

Futaba:
Basically just a flustered line of dialogue about realizing she and the protagonist are in the house by themselves. Kinda interesting since this doesn't happen til the end in most social links, but looks to be the norm here.

Sae:
“Cut the crap! You are not the one who gets to decide that!”

Source:
http://nenilein.tumblr.com
http://mizuouji.tumblr.com

Squire

Banned
There's also some rough translations of the supports from the scans with Makoto and Futaba along with the interrogator(Sae):

Makoto:
“I feel the same, if you were to get into trouble I definitely would support you with all I have.”

Futaba:
Basically just a flustered line of dialogue about realizing she and the protagonist are in the house by themselves. Kinda interesting since this doesn't happen til the end in most social links, but looks to be the norm here.

Sae:
“Cut the crap! You are not the one who gets to decide that!”

Source:
http://nenilein.tumblr.com
http://mizuouji.tumblr.com

Whoa! Given what Makoto and Sae are saying we're definitely getting some interesting dialogue choices in this. Let alone having them voiced on top of it.

Zolo

Also not sure what the limit is to posting pics of scans, but this is definitely the first thing I thought of when seeing the support image:
tumblr_inline_o70fvrWYPH1rzek1y_540.jpg

Makio

Beautiful

13164403_799679693496943_407389896444468353_n.png

Her haircut reminds me to Eriko from P2 Eternal Punishment , but makes sense since Eriko is beta-Mitsuru too.

Makio

Nice.

On an unrelated note, I really, really love Lyn's vocals in the second half of the trailer's theme.

She sounds great and i love her , but i give a medal to the one can tell the lyrics of that song....engirish is over 9000.

The only one i can tell is like "put the mask off to be free" around the 3:12 mark (and i dont even sure sounds like that).

Strimei

On an unrelated note, I really, really love Lyn's vocals in the second half of the trailer's theme.

I have to agree.

I'll admit, I was very meh during the initial vocal reveal some time back, but I didn't know at the time that was live (or somesuch). Now that I hear the game's version, I quite like it.

daevious

She sounds great and i love her , but i give a medal to the one can tell the lyrics of that song....engirish is over 9000.

The only one i can tell is like "put the mask off to be free" around the 3:12 mark (and i dont even sure sounds like that).

I know for sure that the first verse is "Admittedly, I'm not a demon"

Makio

I know for sure that the first verse is "Admittedly, I'm not a demon"

Im pretty sure when Haru introduce herself , Lyn says something like "your heart" something ... so i gonna asume the song is called "Take Your Heart".

But with Haru and Morgana voices over that line , i cant really can tell how right
wrong
i am in this one.

Still wondering about the song itself , many people called a normal battle theme others says is a battle theme plus opening like Burn My Dread vs Burn My Dread -Last Battle-

But to me sounds like a updated version of the opening , but besides the lyrics dont sounds similar to the pv01 theme.

Top Bottom