• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Levito

Banned
Going to convince Soeijima that you all want Ken to be the mystery character on P5's box, also Sho is the P5 protag cause red is a color.

This is my destiny.

Lusankya

badge.jpg

Question for Q&A session: "Why is the game delayed until 2017 in the West?" ;_;

Nah, will safely release in 2016 even in Europe!

Lunar15

I mentioned in the other thread, but I have a strange feeling the "more guests" might be English voice actors.

Who else could it be? Teddie?

I'd argue the second even more

I mean, it's something I'd like to see happen, but is there really much demand for it outside of a few wishful thinkers like me on this thread?

I mentioned in the other thread, but I have a strange feeling the "more guests" might be English voice actors.

Who else could it be? Teddie?

Teddie's conspicuously empty costume given the Ultimax treatment.

"Ultimax treatment" meaning "non-penetrative crucifixion" and not "thrown in the trash before getting a hopefully halfway-decent replacement"

Lunar15

I'd rather ask about his inspirations and choices for p5, as well as what his favorite character to draw is. Boring, but relevant.

What would Y'all ask?

Jintor

i'd like to hear how detailed the general description/outline of characters are before he gets them, and how many revisions some characters need before the director/staff are satisfied. particularly for FemC, but also other characters.

What character designs he was ultimately unsatisfied with, if any.

Any particular reason he abandoned the heavy ink style he used for a lot of the P3P promotional artwork, which I loved

It's always interesting to ask an artist who inspires them, so that's on the list

finally I'd like to ask him what he thinks of dantis's catgirl naoto picture

MSMrRound

Really? I hope every one ask him when there will be a definitive version of Persona 3

Soejima is just the main character designer for the series. Even though he might have some weight behind decisions and stuff, ultimately it is not his call to make.

Let's put it this way...if I attend a convention, and my favourite company managed to bring over a very special guest in the form of a developer or voice actor/actress, put yourself in the shoes of the PR team...you would rather that everyone just show their appreciation to them for their role in making and bringing over an awesome game, not to pester them instead with mundane questions and all that might give a negative impression of the fanbase

AtlusUSA's been pretty flexible in terms of how fans/media alike are allowed to interact with the guests that they brought over, that's why I'll rather that people don't go over their head and go "WOMG SOEJIMA! P3 definitive edition when!?" or "Soejima, why has AtlusUSA forsaken European users" or something along those lines which might lead AtlusUSA to impose stricter rules how on we can interact with the creators/special guests next time.

It's a very rare opportunity to meet one of your favourite creators. There will definitely be people who are giddy with joy in their head over the chance, but of course, like I stress again, it is important to be respectful. There has been many instances where toxic fanbase behaviour had led organizers to come up with rules and regulations on fan interaction, which thankfully, doesn't happen much to Atlus and the guests they bring over.

I still remember the EVO P4U2 tournament where John came over to the stage and presented the winner with a special Soejima art print. That gesture was pretty cool on both AtlusUSA and Soejima's part. Hope to see similar stuff like that in the future too. Cheers.

Mediking

I'd rather ask about his inspirations and choices for p5, as well as what his favorite character to draw is. Boring, but relevant.

What would Y'all ask?

In all seriousness... just to talk about the process of designing a character and advice to any inspiring artist.

Tirod

I've still got my Ultimax poster/print/whatever you want to call it signed by Soejima from E3 2014. Was super bummed when I couldn't get some artbooks signed.

Hopefully I get the opportunity to go to E3 again this year.

FluxWaveZ

Really? I hope every one ask him when there will be a definitive version of Persona 3. It's not like he's unwilling to do remakes so why not?

Man... the Q&A session really does have a chance of being totally cringeworthy.

Hopefully they screen the questions before they're asked.

Q&A session? It's finally time for the age-old question that will finally tell us the canon behind this contradicting observance that completely breaks the flow of all the Persona games. With this answer we can finally move on knowing what is and isn't canon.

Can Aigis eat?

FluxWaveZ

Q&A session? It's finally time for the age-old question that will finally tell us the canon behind this contradicting observance that completely breaks the flow of all the Persona games. With this answer we can finally move on knowing what is and isn't canon.

Can Aigis eat?

I bet fans have asked a question like that in an episode of Persona Stalker Club. They have tons of regular Q&A segments of fan questions that are actually answered by Atlus staff, with the most unorthodox or obscure questions. Like:

"How can Aigis wear shoes? And why aren't her legs more human-like?" (episode 8) with the answer being:
According to Atlus, she has a feature on her ankles that allows for optional equips. When her feet are pointy, it’s to increase movement speed and jumping power, similar to “Bambi or a horse”.
"Are Aigis' breasts soft or hard? Because I get the impression they'd be hard considering she's an android." (Episode 8)
Atlus says that she’s been provided with extra defense to be able to defend against all kinds of attacks that you would expect from fighting against Shadows, but otherwise, she was originally “modeled” after humans. So, it seems like it’s up to the fans to decide.
“Where exactly are Jiraiya’s eyes located?” Is it the shuriken-looking part or the circular parts that would make it look like frog eyes?” (Episode 2)
According to the Persona team, the eyes are actually located right below the two shuriken parts.
Just a bunch of Persona trivia like that over the course of 26 episodes. The vast majority of it hasn't been translated, though, of course.

Pachael

I thought Soejima is running art direction as well for P5 so I'd like to ask him his thought processes for some of the things we've been wowed in the trailers e.g. the menu, calendar and battle transitions and placement of UI elements and how they've been designed to get there - what's the 'design in his mind' is he working to, and which artists/genres have inspired him.

Not sure if he's involved in character animation as well but I'm interested to see how kinetic the characters have been made in P5, and the process in selecting or moving poses. e.g. The way Joker lands, the colours used in the transition, and how he swishes in and out of the frame.

_Ryo_

Reaaally hope someone asks Soejima about social links/cooperation and if it will have any bearing on the ending. And ask how many endings the game will have. It would be cool if it had something like "True, Chaos, Neutral, Optimist, and dark" but thats probably asking for too much.

Edit: maybe that would be an inappropriate question to ask the lead artist but surely he knows sooomething about it. Lol

Setsu00

Reaaally hope someone asks Soejima about social links/cooperation and if it will have any bearing on the ending. And ask how many endings the game will have. It would be cool if it had something like "True, Chaos, Neutral, Optimist, and dark" but thats probably asking for too much.

We'll probably find out about that soon enough. I'd be more interested about his work process and other art related questions.

I would complain about the 6 month localisation delay, but I dont care anymore. Im just numb inside.

Spoilers are going to be impossible to avoid for that long.

I really wish we'd get the anniversary CD too, but other than that, this LE is pretty much the better version since they'll definitely release the DLC anyway.

Lusankya

I would complain about the 6 month localisation delay, but I dont care anymore. Im just numb inside.

Spoilers are going to be impossible to avoid for that long.

God that is 6 months of dodging spoilers

whyyyyyyy

I preordered collector's immediately

6 month wait after JP release... welp. Good luck those on a blackout.

Guys, where did you learn to count? It's 5 months.

artsi

2017 is pretty painful considering how long we've been waiting.

I'm still going for the JP release so it's ok, but I feel bad for my US / EU brethren who are waiting for the localization. Avoiding spoilers is a bitch.

The CE looks bad ass though.

Now, even after all that, if you still are thinking: “Why 2017!? You promised us 2015, and then 2016! Now it’s 2017?!!!?!” Well, the biggest factor in the 2017 release date is attention to detail. When we show off Persona 5 footage at E3 next week (Next week!), I think you’ll understand what we mean. We’re making sure every bit is in place. Persona has exponentially grown as a franchise, and considering that this is our first numbered sequel since 2008, ATLUS is taking its time to ensure this is the best possible experience.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/07/persona-5-will-take-your-heart-on-valentines-day-2017/

Top Bottom