• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

kiyoaki

It's moments like this when I feel like learning Japanese has been worth it.
Please don't kill me.
Any guesses as to the EU release date..?

Setsu00

It's moments like this when I feel like learning Japanese has been worth it.
Please don't kill me.
Any guesses as to the EU release date..?

February 17, two-thousand-never.

To rub in some salt into the wound - here's the new poster from Japan:

tumblr_o8ec51kK0r1si48w3o1_1280.jpg

Setsu00

I hope they put this much effort into finding a publisher for the Eu version and make sure it'll be released in the same week. You know "to ensure this is the best possible experience" also for European Persona fans.

I want to believe that this is the case, but ... yeah. Their track record doesn't exactly inspire hope.

Amazon description calls it Shujin Academy too.

I fully expected them to change "Syujin" to "Shujin". They are pronounced the same anyway.

kiyoaki

It's interesting that the logo on the bag doesn't say "Syujin High School" like the Japanese one. Instead, it says "Shujin Academy".

This feels right. Hepburn is more intuitive to pronounce than Nippon-shiki. The Japanese name 秀尽学園高校 contains both gakuen and kôkô, might as well choose just one for the translation, sounds better IMO.

Setsu00

This feels right. Hepburn is more intuitive to pronounce than Nippon-shiki. The Japanese name 秀尽学園高校 contains both gakuen and kôkô, might as well choose just one for the translation, sounds better IMO.

Absolutely, yes. I just felt it was worth pointing out since Japanese version seems to use another transcription. "Shujin Academy" also sounds a lot better than "Shujin High School" or even "Shujin Academy High School", which makes zero sense from my perspective.

Feels like Atlus USA have almost nothing for the later part of this year. Apocalypse is "Summer," then after that I don't think they have any localisations announced before Persona 5.

Swedesu

Wow.

Disappointment doesn't even begin to describe my feelings right now.

Now I'm really curious what the reason for this is. Is it possible that localization started way later than expected?

Ah there were some stuff about that huh.

Wow.

Disappointment doesn't even begin to describe my feelings right now.

Now I'm really curious what the reason for this is. Is it possible that localization started way later than expected?

Well, the biggest factor in the 2017 release date is attention to detail. When we show off Persona 5 footage at E3 next week (Next week!), I think you’ll understand what we mean.

I'm pretty pissed off at the moment. And what made it worse is seeing more of those posts where Gaffers try to convince themselves this isn't a bad thing. "Well that's good I'll get the NEO version now" "Well this isn't so bad I have plenty of games to play with Fall." Um you have increasingly less games because this is like the fifth time in the last two months I've read these comments.

I think this is the delay that broke me.

I'm pretty pissed off at the moment. And what made it worse is seeing more of those posts where Gaffers try to convince themselves this isn't a bad thing. "Well that's good I'll get the NEO version now" "Well this isn't so bad I have plenty of games to play with Fall." Um you have increasingly less games because this is like the fifth time in the last two months I've read these comments.

The delay that broke me was at last TGS, I don't feel anything anymore

Setsu00

Calm down. Persona 5 was the only game I planned to buy this year and while I was bummed for about three minutes, I realized that the world doesn't end just because a video game misses its release date.

DNAbro

If I buy every game I want this year I would go broke. There is tons to play, while I'm upset, I'm not upset because of a lack of games to play.

hughesta

Banned
I mean yeah I'm a little bummed I have to wait but hey
I know when I'll be playing Persona 5, and once Amazon is kind enough to let me pre-order this CE it's not something I have to think about until February. That feels pretty good.

Jintor

how does game localisation work? Can they not start it during game development (at a certain stage of completion of course)?

lmao.

I'm willing to bet that p5 was doing simultaneous translation, however, translating a game in active development is probably an insanely complex task. I mean, translating a game that's done is already a logistical nightmare (especially from Japanese --> English in practicality; consider character limits alone, if not just Japanese's ability to be relatively concise and contextual). Add the fact that P5 probably has a shittonne of word graphics that will have to be reworked...

_Ryo_

Does the PS blog link imply mor than just a trailer at E3?

So hands on demoes and interviews and a dubbed trailer is likely or no?

Usually I tell myself there are lots of other games to play and that I have a big backlog, but with this one it's different.
There's nothing else I'd rather be playing instead of this, the only thing that comes close is Apocalypse but because of that fucking region lock I'll be waiting even longer for that one.
This is great.

Lusankya

Does the PS blog link imply mor than just a trailer at E3?

So hands on demoes and interviews and a dubbed trailer is likely or no?

It heavily implies we will see English footage (could be just the trailer fully translated and voiced in English).

Usually I tell myself there are lots of other games to play and that I have a big backlog, but with this one it's different.
There's nothing else I'd rather be playing instead of this, the only thing that comes close is Apocalypse but because of that fucking region lock I'll be waiting even longer for that one.
This is great.

Pretty much. At least I'm one of those special people around here who are also excited for FFXV and TLG.

This is great.
this is where I'm at, and its only frustrating due to the assurances,

In the end I have plenty of games I will play this year, but there isn't a single other turned based RPG coming out with decent production values.

For turn based JRPGs, there's still Trails of Cold Steel 2 and SMT IV Apocalypse. World of Final Fantasy and I Am Setsuna if you count ATB as turn based too. And Pokemon of course.

Not as high production values of course though.

I'm also kind if sad because this was supposed to be the year of the JRPG revival.

Still plenty of great titles but this would have sealed the deal for that narrative.

Pretty much. At least I'm one of those special people around here who are also excited for FFXV and TLG.

I'm very hyped for TLG but I'm expecting it to be a relatively short game.
Not really feeling FFXV.

Will give me time to play stuff released in past few months I still haven't gotten around to like Dark Souls 3 and Xcom2. We'll see what the steam summer sale brings.
But first I need to finish Blood&Wine and Cold Steel.

For turn based JRPGs, there's still Trails of Cold Steel 2 and SMT IV Apocalypse. World of Final Fantasy and I Am Setsuna if you count ATB as turn based too. And Pokemon of course.

Not as high production values of course though.
I will play all of those, but its the production values problem. The genre is wasted on handhelds and shoestring budgets, despite not actually having sales problems.

I am still very much looking forward to those games (except pokemon)

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
SE looks great, I really hope EU get something similar.

Not surprised by the delay. Who is at this point?

Adios Persona threads come September.

Lunar15

SE looks great, I really hope EU get something similar.

Not surprised by the delay. Who is at this point?

Adios Persona threads come September.

Yep, that's gonna be a tough 5 months lol.

Interestingly, the date doesn't seem that bad, it's just that I wanted it to be in winter because I like playing games in winter.

Wew, this ride finally has an end in sight. Persona 5 delays particularly sting when we get assurances like this:

Looks like this will be my first physical PS4 game, was able to snag a copy before they sold out. I wonder if this is due to higher-than-anticipated interest, or just a extremely limited run.

Top Bottom