• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

PK Gaming

Hindsight is 20-20, and this isn't a "I told you" post but

There was just no goddamn way we were getting P5 before 2017. P5 is a massive game with tons of dialogue. Even Fire Emblem Fates took like 8 months. We were fooling ourselves by expecting a 2016 release.

The release date sucks, but it's not that bad.

Like between the OK scenario and the worst case scenario.

Darksol

It's actually coming out in the west a bit faster than I expected. But I'll be playing with a small bunch of Gaffers here when the Japanese version comes out in September. I prefer the Japanese CE more too, so I don't even think I'll double dip.

Lunar15

There was just no goddamn way we were getting P5 before 2017. P5 is a massive game with tons of dialogue. Even Fire Emblem Fates took like 8 months. We were fooling ourselves by expecting a 2016 release.

The release date sucks, but it's not that bad.

Like between the OK scenario and the worst case scenario.

Yeah, the wait's not that bad. Less than a year from now. It's just that I wanted to play it in winter, lol.

rollcall, who got their premium edition preorders in, cause this poster did
Me!

I just woke up and found out what's going on... this isn't fair... congrats though. Like seriously. Congrats. I rather have real Persona fans get it instead of scalpers.
I bet there will be more. PQ and P4DAN still have unopened collector's editions floating around at retailers. I think P4G's case was an exception, since they announced 'hey, we're ony making 10k copies!'

The simple-to-learn, but hard-to-master controls

...it's a turn based RPG

Language - A stable of talented voice actors have provided English voice-overs while ATLUS' celebrated localization team offers an English script that provides a faithful and engaging play experience.

Sounds like dub only then

godisntheradio

Neo Member
the CE is gonna cost me almost double the price since i live in brazil, but i still need them ship it here, which i not sure they do

edit:
pPycYG8.png

this is the price for the king of fighters CE, if they ship this they probably ship p5 CE too

Lusankya

I mean they probably just moved Morgana up, because the ESRB logo is slightly larger and she is already covered by the ZERO logo.

Edit: Whoops.

OK, ordered from GS.
When I tried to use paypal it said that the retailer wouldn't ship to my country but with the cc the order went through.

Sophia

They moved Morgana so her face wouldn't be covered up by ESRB logo please don't start this shit even jokingly

I mean they probably just moved Morgana up, because the ESRB logo is slightly larger and she is already covered by the ZERO logo.

Edit: Whoops.

Hardin just said as such too on Twitter. Would link but I'm on mobile.

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/JohnLHardin/status/740191804771819520
https://twitter.com/JohnLHardin/status/740192008623394817

Was not expecting this, BUT. The changes to P5 boxart is because the ESRB and CERO placement/sizes are different. We didn't want to (1/2)

hide Morgana's face, so we adjusted the placement. Take the tinfoil hats off. (2/2)

I missed the preorder on Amazon but if it goes up on Best Buy I guess I'll preorder it. I'm not even really sure I want it. Going off the language in the email it doesn't sound like a full soundtrack: "Selection of music from the game's soundtrack by Shoji Meguro". The plush and bag are not something I really want. And as far as we know now, there's none of that DLC.

The Japanese CE is more my speed as far as CE's go and I have that preordered.

What am I saying. I know I'm going to cave.

Lunar15

I missed the preorder on Amazon but if it goes up on Best Buy I guess I'll preorder it. I'm not even really sure I want it. Going off the language in the email it doesn't sound like a full soundtrack: "Selection of music from the game's soundtrack by Shoji Meguro". The plush and bag are not something I really want. And as far as we know now, there's none of that DLC.

The Japanese CE is more my speed as far as CE's go and I have that preordered.

What am I saying. I know I'm going to cave.

I like the art book, and with prime it's really only 70ish bucks.

Honestly like the U.S CE better. It's cheaper and comes with the bag and Morgana plushie.

The packaging is ass compared to the 20th anniversary edition though. Here's hoping they change it
they've got five months to. T_T

The real question is.... does the DLC high school outfits come with the US CE...?

Also, good question, is the DLC gonna come with that? That's a hefty deciding factor for me.

FluxWaveZ

Jesus christ, fate took the perfect time to send people over to cut the power out to all the houses on my street for maintenance. Had to preemptively take a 1-hour trip to my university because I felt like something was up even though I was completely disconnected, and whaddya know...

Lunar15

Jesus christ, fate took the perfect time to send people over to cut the power out to all the houses on my street for maintenance. Had to preemptively take a 1-hour trip to my university because I felt like something was up even though I was completely disconnected, and whaddya know...

Woof, that's rough dude. I thought something was up when I didn't see your usual quick response on PC.

Okay, first of all sorry for my ignorance, but does P5 will have paid DLC? Anything confirmed? Will it be included in the SE?

Damn, this is one of those times where I really envy people whose country's importing process is actually manageable..... I really want that SE, but it seems only ONE seller here that got his hands to it, and he only got 3 of em :(

Guess Who

Banned
Okay, first of all sorry for my ignorance, but does P5 will have paid DLC? Anything confirmed? Will it be included in the SE?

Damn, this is one of those times where I really envy people whose country's importing process is actually manageable..... I really want that SE, but it seems only ONE seller here that got his hands to it, and he only got 3 of em :(

The Japanese limited edition includes DLC for Orpheus and Izanagi Personas as well as Gekkoukan and Yasogami uniform costumes for the cast (with P3/P4 battle music as well). No word yet on if that's coming to the US at all.

Dugna

Man, I was expecting this news come next week not right now...not sure If I should get the CE or not...still waiting for if they will announce a LE PS4. Freaking P4D got one I would think their biggest release would get one...this is just weird.

Also screw not trying to be spoiled for almost half a year, importing it.

John Hardin @ 2015 @JohnLHardin
For those asking about the P5 DLC stuff included in the JP CE, right now, it's not included for NA. But will be addressed later.

I'm sure we'll be getting it in some form. We don't often miss out on DLC, considering we even got the Lawson P4D costumes.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Well, mine will be!

I told ya'll 2017!

Speaking of...

2016 will be our year

Famous last words.
You guys can hold it to me.

Duly noted. ;)

Im not wrong until 2017

Or if they announce the Date at E3 or TGS.

So we're holding it to you...now what? ;P

Changed the order to amazon, never paid so much for a game, not sure I'll be able to afford it when the time comes tbh, might have to downgrade to the SE. At least I'll get the steelbook, I'm a sucker for those.

Top Bottom