• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

So...tinfoil hat theory.

Could the thieves "steal back" the date and have it end up being worldwide? Have it shown during Sony's conference?

I admit its a bit silly of me to think and like, 99% unlikely, but...well, remember me if this happens.

100% unlikely.

PR to dreams.
anigif_enhanced-6272-1433355582-2.gif

Basically a lot of what I'm seeing online summarized:

"HOW DARE THEY DELAY IT? THIS IS THE WORST NEWS EVER! SCREW ATLUS!"

*goes to Amazon to pre-order special edition*

Or they pre-order the Japanese copy, being like "I'll show you Atlus! I'll buy your game 5 months before it comes out in America!" I understand spoiler avoiding, but it's honestly not that hard for 70+ hour JRPG.

Makio

"HOW DARE THEY DELAY IT? THIS IS THE WORST NEWS EVER! SCREW ATLUS!"

To be honest right now i see more backlash / negative feedback right now for the cover being "censored" or the japanese audio stuff than the delay.

PD: The cover being censored was basically change Morgana position to avoid she get block by the ESRB logo but people think is to hide / censor Anne boobs Nintendo style.

And here just me with a smile in the face i can still played in PS3.

MSMrRound

At least they got the news about the delay out of the way,

I somehow feel that I'll feel more disappointed if we got the news during the actual E3 week e.g through Sony press con or something similar. So good of them to do that, similar to how AtlusJP revealed the 2015->Summer 2016 news during TGS last year.

Looking forward to what might be the first peak at the English build of the game for the next week.

Probably will also double dip for a Japanese copy to tide me over a bit, even though I wouldn't understand much.

Strimei

I somehow feel that I'll feel more disappointed if we got the news during the actual E3 week e.g through Sony press con or something similar.

Y'know, that's a good point. Had this been announced at Sony's conference, it'd eclipse anything else at the time.

I had been wondering why they'd put this out now ahead of E3, but I never thought of that angle.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
I gotta say, I'm kinda sad that no one's used #hardinlied since like... March. But on the other hand, and I'm sorry for neglecting the thread this a.m. (hahahahaha...orz) but if there's anything else you want cleared up, I'll try to address.

I hope we didn't make anyone lose an Avatar bet this a.m.

I feel like in the last year or so Hardin has been a little dickish for a PR twitter personality. Maybe people freaking out about this deserved it, but kind of surprising. Guess Atlus employees have a tiny bit more freedom than, say, NoA lol.

Guilty as charged. I try to be civil and positive, but I'm human. I have bad days. People rustle my jimmies and I go off on them over email or twitter. I'm sure this is the exact opposite of what you'd learn in an academic class about PR/marekting, but my personal PR philosophy is that the more people recognize that you're actually human, the less abusive they get. (Esp. if you respond w/ a tirade of swears about their bullshit).

Setsu00

I gotta say, I'm kinda sad that no one's used #hardinlied since like... March. But on the other hand, and I'm sorry for neglecting the thread this a.m. (hahahahaha...orz) but if there's anything else you want cleared up, I'll try to address.

You probably won't be able to answer this yet, but do you know what the differences between the PS3 and the PS4 versions are going to be?

Guess Who

Banned

Could you look into using the box art from the JP premium edition's packaging on the US one? Because it's some great art, especially the back. (It even says "take your heart" on the front so you don't have to do additional branding!)

...if there's anything else you want cleared up, I'll try to address.

Some quick questions:
  1. Any ETA on the Premium Edition going up on Amazon.CA? (I'm a filthy Canuck.)
  2. Will the costume/persona DLC included in the Japanese 20th Anniversary Edition make it into the Premium Edition in the west?
  3. What hints do you have as for what we can expect at E3? Any additional announcements or trailers at the Sony Presser? Anything?
  4. Will the "Soundtrack" be a full soundtrack, or just a teaser disc of 5 or so tracks from the game?
If you could answer any of these that'd be amazing.

I'm expecting the LE box/artbook cover art to be the same as Japan. They can't use the same OST cover if it's just the P5 disk, and there's the question of what the steelbook is going to be.

Since every day 1 edition will be the steel book, that's the art I'm most curious about. Wonder if that will be revealed at E3.

Although they'd have to get rid of the anniversary logo, seeing as it's going to miss the anniversary :p

lilty

Not going to lie, I'm a little disappointed with the release date but at least we have a solid date to look forward to. The collector's edition we're getting is really nice and I'm happy to have gotten my order in as well. I'm happy the contents are different from the Japanese edition because I'm crazy and ordered that too.

My one complaint is the lack of a PS4 version that isn't steel book at launch. I think including both would have been nice because I need some consistency on my shelf, but whatever.

Guilty as charged. I try to be civil and positive, but I'm human. I have bad days. People rustle my jimmies and I go off on them over email or twitter. I'm sure this is the exact opposite of what you'd learn in an academic class about PR/marekting, but my personal PR philosophy is that the more people recognize that you're actually human, the less abusive they get. (Esp. if you respond w/ a tirade of swears about their bullshit).

I work in marketing myself, and there are some days where I wish I could respond in a dickish manner. You do you Hardin, the people who are insanely mad don't represent the community as a whole. Atlus always delivers quality and I'm willing to wait those 5 months if that's what is needed.

DNAbro

I asked you on Twitter but do you know anything about digital preorders?

Strimei

Not in PR, but I used to be a guide in a major international airport, and believe me, I fully understand how things go. I got so much abuse hurled my way, and all over stuff that was out of my control (like I'm somehow responsible for your flight being late and screwing you over or something). Hang in there!

MSMrRound

but if there's anything else you want cleared up, I'll try to address.

Hmm...it's probably not handled by you guys but...in retail terms considering that the "Take Your Heart" is the R1 (North America) version of the Persona 5 CE, any rumblings if there's a R3 (Asia) version and if the content will have any difference?

Just poking a bit cuz my boss and my colleagues at the game shop I'm at are pretty crazy about Persona. We will probably duel one another just to get the CE if the suppliers doesn't give us enough. In my boss terms:"the real problem about Region 3 collector edition is because they always like to spring a last minute surprise"...so he's also currently looking at bringing in some R1 edition CEs for us to fight over with..

Anyway...since you were addressing the dual audio concerns on Twitter, there are also some of us that don't mind if the only way that we are able to get Japanese voices on a English copy is through paid DLC. I'm one of those who definitely wouldn't mind forking out for that option...so just throwing my own opinion out here. Hopefully you guys get a breakthrough in the negotiations though, cuz that's really tricky.

Eh, I studied PR myself. I like your style. It feels fresh compared to those who are usually more stick-to-the-books types.

Disappointed. I appreciate the nod of releasing a clearly Romantic-inspired game on Valentine's Day, it's just that trying to dodge spoilers for a whole five months is going to really suck.

And to think I was originally excited for both Zelda U and P5 in 2015. Both delayed by two years.

Also that thread title change is brutal.

Zolo

Was hoping and expecting for Winter 2016, but I was prepped for sometime in 2017. It's also not too far into 2017. Of course, I guess it's possible for it to get delayed again if things don't go according to schedule.

Joke's on you: I use it every day when something goes wrong with one of my gaming campaigns.
oooh this is a good idea, like how my group always blames one friend for multiplayer losses or raid wipes even when that guy isnt playing. We can just blame john for everything. We shouldve started sooner

"What, horizon delayed to 2017! #hardinlied"

FluxWaveZ

Was anyone expecting to get a P5 NA date before an SMT IV Apoc one?

I could see someone thinking simultaneously because of E3, but one would have to be real good or real lucky to have foreseen that. It makes sense if someone put together that the game would be delayed, and that they'd want to assuage that blow with a pre-E3 announcement before their E3 showing, but I'd like to see someone having actually typed that theory out.

Zolo

Well, at least it gives Persona 5 a chance at #1 for most anticipated game on Neogaf! Of course, I think at least half the top 10 from last year will be competing again as well.

Was hoping and expecting for Winter 2016, but I was prepped for sometime in 2017. It's also not too far into 2017. Of course, I guess it's possible for it to get delayed again if things don't go according to schedule.

I wanted to believe 2016, but after the Japanese date was revealed to be so late in the year I was expecting around December at the earliest. Just two months into 2017 isn't so bad.

More time to decide whether to get the PS3 edition or finally hop on the PS4 train.

Lunar15

Well, at least it gives Persona 5 a chance at #1 for most anticipated game on Neogaf! Of course, I think at least half the top 10 from last year will be competing again as well.

If stuff is revealed about Mass Effect at E3, that's taking the top spot. The only thing keeping it from being higher at this point is that no one knows anything about it right now.

If the new Katamari game isn't coming out until 2017 I guess that'll mean I can just wait on a PS4 even more because the only three games I want (FF12 HD, P5, Amazing Katamari) will all be 2017 releases.

On the bright side, I have more time to actually get a job so I can buy this game without feeling guilty.

On the other hand I have too many vectors to be spoiled by, and no self control. That's going to be a fun 5 months.

FluxWaveZ

People keep mentioning the 5 months, but what's really killing me—and I suppose this is an unorthodox perspective—is that there are 8 months left. Japan has 3 months left. Essentially the same conclusion, but it's the overall wait and not the interval between them.

Ah well, September's Ace Attorney 6.

People keep mentioning the 5 months, but what's really killing me—and I suppose this is an unorthodox perspective—is that there are 8 months left. Japan has 3 months left. Essentially the same conclusion, but it's the overall wait and not the interval between them.

I've only been seeing 8 months as well. I think the 5 months comes from spoilers fear, but I'm not really worried about that. Its just 8 more months on a game I've been waiting a while on, and nothing else coming out in that time comes close to the excitem......

nevermind Blazblue central fiction will make 2016 in NA, I'm good

atlusprime

Atlus PR
You probably won't be able to answer this yet, but do you know what the differences between the PS3 and the PS4 versions are going to be?

Sort of? Not in an official capacity. We'll probably talk about this later.

Could you look into using the box art from the JP premium edition's packaging on the US one? Because it's some great art, especially the back. (It even says "take your heart" on the front so you don't have to do additional branding!)

Aiight. I'll let our designers know.

Some quick questions:
Any ETA on the Premium Edition going up on Amazon.CA? (I'm a filthy Canuck.)

Should be up now. If not today, then soon.

Will the costume/persona DLC included in the Japanese 20th Anniversary Edition make it into the Premium Edition in the west?

It'll most likely make its way West, not sure if it will be part of a launch promo or paid.

What hints do you have as for what we can expect at E3? Any additional announcements or trailers at the Sony Presser? Anything?

E3 stuff. :3

Will the "Soundtrack" be a full soundtrack, or just a teaser disc of 5 or so tracks from the game?

It's not full, but it will be substantial. (way more than 5 tracks. Inb4 "oh, you mean 7 tracks? huehuehue"

I asked you on Twitter but do you know anything about digital preorders?

I don't. It was on the table at one point, but I'm not sure what happened since. or if it will ever go into effect. We wanted to focus on the retail offering for pre-E3.

How big is "the biggest LE ever?" How many Odin Sphere LE's can you fit inside it?

More than one (we don't have final sizing, but it will be big.)

Lunar15

Basically, people are saying 5 months because it's the amount of time between when the game will exist in the wild and when NA will get it. Spoilers, game discussion, etc. It'll be all over the internet. Those 3 months don't really mean anything to me: Japan will know the same amount that we do.

Lunar15

Oddly enough, the 8 months doesn't really kill me. February is a reasonable time. Like I said, the only reason I'm upset is that I really would have loved to play this game in the fall/winter. Pre-Christmas. Something about playing games in that time frame is special to me.

November/December would have been nice, but there's enough games I'm interested in between now and than that I'm not too bothered by the wait.

Although no chance of me being able to avoid spoilers.

Zolo

Can't wait to get a recommended video based on watching the Persona 5 intro with a description of the ending in the title and the final boss in the image. Happened with Witcher 3.

Can't wait to get a recommended video based on watching the Persona 5 intro with a description of the ending in the title and the final boss in the image. Happened with Witcher 3.

It happens with a lot of games. It happened with Golden and SMT4, because, like, people will pick up the JP version and record the whole game, and then pick the video preview images with the biggest spoiler possible.

Top Bottom