• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Guess Who

Banned
I had a dream that H. Jon Benjamin voiced a character in Persona 5, so make it happen, Atlus.

What if it was Morgana.

aQ7I3qV.jpg

"No, Brendon, I'm not a cat. I'm Morgana."
"Okay."
"It's... it's a totally different thing."
"I mean, you look like a cat."
"That's because of your human eyes, Brendon. They're young. Untrained. One day, when you're older, you'll understand."

Mediking

Not even sure I wanna hear anything about the game anymore until release date. I don't know what's going on with me but now I kinda don't even care about the English VA.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
aQ7I3qV.jpg

"Okay."
"That's because of your human eyes, Brendon. They're young. Untrained. One day, when you're older, you'll understand."
Holy shit yes. Coach McGuirk was the best.

Head a joke once

Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Persona 5 is coming out soon. Go and play it when it comes out. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor...I'm from Europe."

I'm surprised that story hasn't been used more often...

I want to see what new stylish sequence they've cooked up for when you fuse Personas

My guess is the guillotines. I doubt they have two just for their one prisoner.

aQ7I3qV.jpg

"Okay."

:DDDDD

Damn, now whoever Atlus USA casts as Morgana will never match this majesty.

_Ryo_

Ckd399zUUAE599N.jpg

Special presentation on the 14th...

Refuse to be excited. :/

Shouldnt one of the special presentations be SMT IV: A? Dont see it listed...

Also if you've noticed each of those presentations are either before or after King of Fighters, or even both before and after. Sooo...

Also if you've noticed each of those presentations are either before or after King of Fighters, or even both before and after. Sooo...

IV could just be something they have on the showfloor, they don't necessarily need a presentation for it.

I'm honestly kind of worried about Apocalypse's low profile. Why not promote it if P5's not coming till next year?

Probably worrying over nothing.

Maybe Atlus was hoping Nintendo would actually do something. Lmao. Well... Nintendo did push SMT IV hard so I won't laugh that much.

Well, assuming it comes out in August, there's still plenty of time to hype it up.
I'm plenty hyped already, but I've already been spoiled to shit and I know that's not everyone's cup of tea.

Mediking

I'm honestly kind of worried about Apocalypse's low profile. Why not promote it if P5's not coming till next year?

Probably worrying over nothing.

Maybe Atlus was hoping Nintendo would actually do something. Lmao. Well... Nintendo did push SMT IV hard so I won't laugh that much.

7th Dragon 3, Hatsune Miku game, SMT4A are all listed as games they're going to be exhibiting, so that's maybe three special presentations there. I wouldn't be surprised if all of the Special Presentations following the Soejima events were Persona 5-related.

kboyrulez12345

Neo Member
Sorry to derail the Persona 5 talk, but I would like to mention an amusing fact when I first played P4G.

When the gas station attended shook Yu's hand and he had that flash, I immediately thought he had something to do with the murders and kept it on the back of my mind while I was playing the game. Welp, guess what...

Back to P5 talk, not bothered by the delay, as it gives me some time to clear out my backlog. I would assume when they show it off at E3, it'll be in English since it's a western convention. Has there ever been a Japanese English subbed trailer shown at E3 before?

Mediking

Sorry to derail the Persona 5 talk, but I would like to mention an amusing fact when I first played P4G.

When the gas station attended shook Yu's hand and he had that flash, I immediately thought he had something to do with the murders and kept it on the back of my mind while I was playing the game. Welp, guess what...

Don't forget:
Obvious Adachi is obvious.

kboyrulez12345

Neo Member
Yes, multiple times. Sometimes there are even gameplay demonstrations and trailers of games that are completely in Japanese, without even any English subs at all.

No, none of that will be live streamed.

Ah, okay, wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the answer. Though now that I think about it, there was a game shown off at E3 with the Japanese language, can't quite put my finger on what it was.

daevious

Saying that Persona 5 actually has a stage demo/playable demo, what do you suppose they'd show?

Would it just be dungeon crawling in order to show off how combat works, or would they throw in some day to day stuff like social links (or whatever form they take in P5)?

Personally, I'm betting on the former but would like to see the latter as well.

A dungeon/dungeon segment would be the easiest thing to showcase I would imagine.

You could also have the school/part of the city set up to explore too, with NPC's to talk to.

Basically what the #FE demo last year was.

_Ryo_

Didn't Atlus have a "First 2 hours" preview of one of the PS2 Persona games? I might have dreamt it though so I could be totally wrong. Haha

But if they did something like that for P5, it'd be really cool.

MSMrRound

Didn't Atlus have a "First 2 hours" preview of one of the PS2 Persona games? I might have dreamt it though so I could be totally wrong. Haha

But if they did something like that for P5, it'd be really cool.

They had the DVD trailers for Persona 3 and Persona 4, which was pretty much a info blowout trailer. I think P4's trailer was around 17 minutes long.

Lunar15

IF they had a demo, it'd be of a dungeon. If there's more than one demo, then it could be some walking around Tokyo. I think they'll want to avoid cutscenes and such.

Top Bottom