• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

_Ryo_

Enough, you are starting to anger me.

Sorry that really was not my intention.

I thought your comment was some kind of hint at something and was genuinely curious what it could be. Reading my comment I see that perhaps I worded it badly. So, either way I admit fault so I will try to tone it down a bit.

PK Gaming

I thought your comment was some kind of hint at something and was genuinely curious what it could be. Reading my comment I see that perhaps I worded it badly. So, either way I admit fault so I will try to tone it down a bit.

Oh no, I was just messing around...

You don't have to change anything

FluxWaveZ

Seems like a good amount of Japanese fans are somewhat jealous about the P5 CE NA is getting compared to them, citing the stuff we'll get (bag, plush doll) and the fact that it's cheaper than theirs.

Seems like a good amount of Japanese fans are somewhat jealous about the P5 CE NA is getting compared to them, citing the stuff we'll get (bag, plush doll) and the fact that it's cheaper than theirs.

I'd be up for a trade. I was more irked by the fact that the NA CE didn't resembled the JP one than the 2017 release itself.

Strimei

Yeah I've been seeing some tweets like that.

Grass is always greener, etc etc.

If the prices were the same, I'd rather have a soundtrack box set than a tiny plushie and a cheap bag I'll never use. Interesting to see these reactions though.

I'm in for the Artbook. For an extra 10 bucks, that, the steelbook, and even a CD with just a few of the songs sounds worth it to me. Plus and bag are extras. Although, depending on how the final thing looks, the bag could be cool.

Forgot about the art book. That does make it more tempting.

Lunar15

I'm in for the Artbook. For an extra 10 bucks, that, the steelbook, and even a CD with just a few of the songs sounds worth it to me. Plus and bag are extras. Although, depending on how the final thing looks, the bag could be cool.

Zolo

So do you'll think the 20xx is permanent? I guess it stops the case of it being in 2016 which is going to already be almost halfway over even for the Japanese audiences, but it also seems weird since it means avoiding referring to a date in-game.

So do you'll think the 20xx is permanent? I guess it stops the case of it being in 2016 which is going to already be almost halfway over even for the Japanese audiences, but it also seems weird since it means avoiding referring to a date in-game.

It sounds like a short-term tactic they'll stick with at the expense of the long-term.

Although, them making the date ambiguous could be seen as them trying to dissociate P5's events from that of past games? Make it a fresh start?

I mean, if we don't get any Ultimax references, I'd say it's a fair deal. :p

One thing I really like about our CE is that it's all new stuff. All the Persona soundtracks were readily available in most CD shops when I was in Japan, so if I lived there I'd own them all already. And if you already have the soundtracks, their CE isn't all that great.
Plush Morgana is pretty cool too, I hope it's good quality.

FluxWaveZ

One thing I really like about our CE is that it's all new stuff. All the Persona soundtracks were readily available in most CD shops when I was in Japan, so if I lived there I'd own them all already. And if you already have the soundtracks, their CE isn't all that great.
Plush Morgana is pretty cool too, I hope it's good quality.

To be clear, though, the soundtrack set that is included with the Japanese CE are all new arrangements of previous Persona game songs.

They're "Anniversary Special Arrangement" versions of select music from the previous games.

Guess Who

Banned
To be clear, though, the soundtrack set that is included with the Japanese CE are all new arrangements of previous Persona game songs.

They're "Anniversary Special Arrangement" versions of select music from the previous games.

I've seen you say this in another thread but I've honestly never seen any other source for this. Where do they say this?

FluxWaveZ

I've seen you say this in another thread but I've honestly never seen any other source for this. Where do they say this?

I posted the source in the other thread where you saw it, which is the official product description that you can find at any Japanese retailer.
Check any of the official Japanese descriptions for the Persona 5 CE, like this one.

They're "Anniversary Special Arrangement" versions of songs from the previous games.
ペルソナ20thアニバーサリー・オールタイムベストアルバム<CD5枚組>
ペルソナの20周年を記念した超豪華5枚組サウンドトラック。

それぞれのディスクには、各シリーズタイトルの選りすぐった名曲に加えて、

この豪華版のためにつくられた『スペシャルアニバーサリー・アレンジ曲』も収録。

I hadn't realized that. I retract my prior statement then.

Thing is, like it or not that JPN CE Album will be on the internet within a week of the Japanese Launch at most. So I'm definitely happy with the cheaper Western Premium Edition.

Not like Atlus likes making things like that available for regular folks to purchase in the first place.

Squire

Banned
The OST disc should be pretty nice, even though it's still incomplete. Pretty sure the OST in the P4DAN CE was literally the JP release of the OST. I put it into iTunes and got JP titles and everything, which was surprising.

483.png

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv264959130

So we have a nico livestream for the Persona 5 E3 event. Which starts at 9PM JST on the 15th, or 1PM BST.

Promising new information on Persona 5.

Which would be 5AM PDT I think, so wouldn't line up with any already scheduled E3 events. So this could be a Japan exclusive stream, with the NA news being elsewhere.

red_1465992000.png

Setsu00

It sounds like a short-term tactic they'll stick with at the expense of the long-term.

Although, them making the date ambiguous could be seen as them trying to dissociate P5's events from that of past games? Make it a fresh start?

I mean, if we don't get any Ultimax references, I'd say it's a fair deal. :p

The dates still match the calendar of 2016, so it's pretty obvious that the game's story is set in that year. I know that it also matches up with 2011 and one more year in the future, but that wouldn't fit due to the technology and fashion in the game.

They probably wanted it to be explicitely set in 2016, but had to change it when it became obvious that they would miss the 2015 release year.

ar4757

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv264959130

So we have a nico livestream for the Persona 5 E3 event. Which starts at 9PM JST on the 15th, or 1PM BST.

Promising new information on Persona 5.

Which would be 5AM PDT I think, so wouldn't line up with any already scheduled E3 events. So this could be a Japan exclusive stream, with the NA news being elsewhere.

red_1465992000.png

Yeah it would be 8AM EST Wednesday. Weird it doesn't coincide with anything

Makes sense really. Japanese Phantom Thief event with the Japanese VO's as they usually do, and a separate event for English speaking audiences. Which could be a trailer during Sony's press conference.

Only thing that strikes me as slightly odd is that the E3 showfloor won't be open at 5am, so whatever the event involves, it won't be set there.

FluxWaveZ

I really hope Atlus puts out a super cool P5 theme for the PS4. I love the style of P5, and I want it all over that screen.

They already announced a P5 theme; it'll be included with the Collector's Edition in Japan.

The dates still match the calendar of 2016, so it's pretty obvious that the game's story is set in that year. I know that it also matches up with 2011 and one more year in the future, but that wouldn't fit due to the technology and fashion in the game.

They probably wanted it to be explicitely set in 2016, but had to change it when it became obvious that they would miss the 2015 release year.

Though this is likely the case, what's really important is what the ambiguity entails concerning the future of the franchise.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/293/1293997/

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201606/10107960.html

p5_045_cs1w1_450x550.jpg

Famitsu and Dengeki have put up articles with all the screens from the scans a few weeks ago

Skimming through the machine translated version, nothing majorly new. Talks about the MC being taken to the velvet room in his sleep. There's a mention of hanging out with people to develop bonds and maybe even form relationships. Social stats seem to be back, mentions the game having an omnibus structure again. Mostly just the stuff from the last articles though.

Having the only confirmed E3 stream be on Niconico in Japanese hours before the show floor opens is the most Atlus thing I've ever heard.

Considering the last trailer Atlus USA put out was PV1, I wonder if they'll play catch up (covering details from PV3 to PV4) while this Japanese stream shows new stuff. Seems kinda weird, but expecting the worst comes naturally at this point, haha.

daevious

Having the only confirmed E3 stream be on Niconico in Japanese hours before the show floor opens is the most Atlus thing I've ever heard.

Considering the last trailer Atlus USA put out was PV1, I wonder if they'll play catch up (covering details from PV3 to PV4) while this Japanese stream shows new stuff. Seems kinda weird, but expecting the worst comes naturally at this point, haha.

It certainly sounds like the Atlus Japan we all know, love, and are baffled by; so I'm going to say that this is exactly what is going to happen and we're all going to be really annoyed at this.

Not like Atlus USA are hiding the unrevealed party members or anything, and they released PV4 era screens alongside the last news.

I'd expect an English trailer to be new, rather than a dubbed reused PV and to introduce the game for people who haven't been following Japanese media. Depends how far along the English build is too though.

daevious

I'd expect an English trailer to be new, rather than a dubbed reused PV and to introduce the game for people who haven't been following Japanese media. Depends how far along the English build is too though.

This is what I want an English P5 trailer to be, but I'm also willing to accept a dubbed over trailer because I consider a sample of the English voice work as new info.

Not like Atlus USA are hiding the unrevealed party members or anything, and they released PV4 era screens alongside the last news.

Yeah, I think a new English trailer* is a fair expectation. I'm just wondering how much you can put in a trailer before it loses coherency. It seemed slow because of the gap between events, but we know way more about P5 now than we did last February. If nothing else, I'm very curious about Atlus USAs trailer.

*not expecting a dub or localized text in-game text though.

Yeah, I think a new English trailer* is a fair expectation. I'm just wondering how much you can put in a trailer before it loses coherency. It seemed slow because of the gap between events, but we know way more about P5 now than we did last February. If nothing else, I'm very curious about Atlus USAs trailer.

*not expecting a dub or localized text in-game text though.

PV1 was basically the perfect début trailer, but wouldn't work now with how much more of the game is known about, and something like PV4 wouldn't work the same way for newcomers, since it puts a focus on introducing new party members.

So yeah, be interesting to see what Atlus USA chose to show.

FluxWaveZ

The cool thing about that DLC is how the background music and sound effects change to Persona 3 or Persona 4 style depending on which costumes are used. The music is likely going to be the "Special Anniversary Arrangement" versions included in the soundtrack set.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Persona summoning animations changed accordingly, too.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
The cool thing about that DLC is how the background music and sound effects change to Persona 3 or Persona 4 style depending on which costumes are used. The music is likely going to be the "Special Anniversary Arrangement" versions included in the soundtrack set.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Persona summoning animations changed accordingly, too.

Did I miss something...?

Edit: Never mind.

Lunar15

Yep. I agree with all of this. It's extremely Atlus.

Once I realized that the Atlus stage at E3 wasn't going to be live-streamed, I instantly assumed the worst. AtlusUSA is a red-headed stepchild in this whole process.

That said, I completely get it: If they were to introduce new info, doing so at E3 would be at ungodly hours for the Japanese audience, so doing it in the early morning hours for the US is the only way to potentially hit both (despite it being a niconico stream). Then the E3 stuff can focus on the new info presented that morning.

Top Bottom