• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Trukk

Neo Member
They're using a specific Tarot deck, Tarot de Marseille, so it's
XXI. Le Monde (The World)

The last one is probably Le Mat (The Fool), as it is not numbered and is typically last.

But Le Mat is most likely before Le Bateleur. Unless Le Mat will be shown both at the beginning and the end. I don't think that makes much sense design-wise though.

CSX

Just came around these old videos of me playing Persona 4 in japanese recorded off screen on a CRT lol. God I was so young and naive back then.

Watching them again made me think "I should try it again. Play Persona 5 in japanese when all my japanese from high school had been thrown out the window for years!"

tbh , there seems to be more changes gameplay wise from P4 to P5 than P3 to P4 so i bet i would get hella lost extremely easy.

Has anything been said regarding the difference between the PS3 and PS4 versions? It seems like it will be just a question of one looking better than the other, but still.

Not that I have much to choose, I don't own a PS4 yet :D

Lusankya

They're using a specific Tarot deck, Tarot de Marseille, so it's
XXI. Le Monde (The World)

The last one is probably Le Mat (The Fool), as it is not numbered and is typically last.

Doesn't seem to be the case. There is one more free space above the Magician, so that's the Fool (0), while the third to last is the Sun (XIX), so Judgement (XX) and World (XXI) will be after that.

Has anything been said regarding the difference between the PS3 and PS4 versions? It seems like it will be just a question of one looking better than the other, but still.

There is obviously no difference content-wise, but the PS4 version will look better, run better and have faster loading times.

Kazzy

I'd assume, that beyond the obvious performance upgrades, there will be nothing. Japanese releases still release often on older consoles simultaneously (especially PS4 > PS3 >Vita ports), and they almost always have no additional features. Just a matter of recouping costs, as a lot of Japanese companies struggle with the resources needed for true,next-gen development.

There is obviously no difference content-wise, but the PS4 version will look better, run better and have faster loading times.

I'd assume, that beyond the obvious performance upgrades, there will be nothing. Japanese releases still release often on older consoles simultaneously (especially PS4 > PS3 >Vita ports), and they almost always have no additional features. Just a matter of recouping costs, as a lot of Japanese companies struggle with the resources needed for true,next-gen development.
Thanks for the answers, I thought that would be the case but I figured I might as well ask :)

John said they would detail the differences later when I asked him about it.
I see, thanks! Hope it's before the game launches at least.

Setsu00

John said they would detail the differences later when I asked him about it.

cj_iwakura

The PS3 version will also support Catherine save data to add custom Catherine, Ishtar, Astaroth, and Dumuzid Personas.

I can dream. Tell me DUMUZID BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAM wouldn't be the best fusion.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm a little surprised we haven't seen much if anything on the Persona Fusion system yet. Guess they're saving that for a magazine.

Sophia

Doesn't seem to be the case. There is one more free space above the Magician, so that's the Fool (0), while the third to last is the Sun (XIX), so Judgement (XX) and World (XXI) will be after that.

Oh, I didn't realize Judgement wasn't on there. Misread. x.x; Then yeah, that's probably Le Mat at the start, with Le Jugement and Le Monde after Sun.

The Tarot de Marseille is very similar to the Rider Waite deck they were using for P3/P4, just with fancier sounding names.

Setsu00

Is there a particular reason why they went with Tarot de Marseille?

Or is it just cause Arsene is French?

Maurice Leblanc would be my guess. He authored the Lupin stories and the café they protagonist lives in is even named after him. P5 is heavily influenced by France; many Personas in the game have ties to French culture (Arséne, Carmen, Milady) and Yusuke is named after a Japanese artist who inspired the French impressionists.

But we all now the real reason:
They wanted to pepper their game with a fictional language from a non-existing continent.

Maurice Leblanc would be my guess. He authored the Lupin stories and the café they protagonist lives in is even named after him. P5 is heavily influenced by France; many Personas in the game have ties to French culture (Arséne, Carmen, Milady) and Yusuke is named after a Japanese artist who inspired the French impressionists.

They wanted to pepper their game with a fictional language from a non-existing continent.

Ah yes.
The fictional kingdom known as France.

cj_iwakura

French culture is also extremely popular in Japan, and is the reason Sakura Wars 3 exists.

_Ryo_

Looks like using the subway/fast travel may cost money?

Fishing mini game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK020llU6iI

as you can see, 200円 was subtracted for the total, when he traveled from the station to the fishing area. Does this imply we can walk anywhere? or that if you wanna get somewhere far away you're out of luck if you don't have the money?

Lusankya

Fishing mini game.

as you can see, 200円 was subtracted for the total, when he traveled from the station to the fishing area. Does this imply we can walk anywhere? or that if you wanna get somewhere far away you're out of luck if you don't have the money?

You probably just always have enough money for stuff like this. I doubt we can walk this distance.

Fishing mini game.

The Raidou games did the same thing with charging you to travel,and there were quite a few places you had to use the train to travel too. Although you could travel for free after completing certain sidequests, and other means of travel unlocked later

Setsu00

Fishing mini game.

It's probably going to be like in the Raidou games: There are some areas that are connected, but some some require you to use the tram to get there. I don't think I ever ran out of money in Raidou I, so I don't believe it's going to happen in P5.

Edit: Beaten.

If any of you happen to be in Japan this weekend, there's a event at the Akihabara UDX where you can play a demo of the game for about 15 minutes, which focuses on letting you try out the battle system.

Dantis

Isn't it more likely to be
a masquerade crow mask than a plague doctor?
That would fit the visual of the game a lot more I think.

Nachos

Apparently Goro's thief outfit/motif was been leaked/implied from the demo
http://personacentral.com/persona-akechi-plague-doctor-mask-rumor-demo-details/

It's
a Plague Doctor mask/motif.

Would be kind of fitting with the codename Crow.
That could mean that his Persona's
Nostradamus, or better yet, Ambroise Paré. The former's obviously more famous but wasn't that renowned for his advances in medicine, but Paré's a pioneer in surgery practices, helped found forensic pathology, and was motivated by trying to abolish old medical practices for much more effective ones that went against conventional wisdom at the time.

DNAbro

That could mean that his Persona's
Nostradamus, or better yet, Ambroise Paré. The former's obviously more famous but wasn't that renowned for his advances in medicine, but Paré's a pioneer in surgery practices, helped found forensic pathology, and was motivated by trying to abolish old medical practices for much more effective ones that went against conventional wisdom at the time.

Guessing off a possible thief outfit seems pointless. There isn't really an obvious connection for any of them.

Isn't it more likely to be
a masquerade crow mask than a plague doctor?
That would fit the visual of the game a lot more I think.

I dunno.
Given how bulky it is, the rest of the getup looks more like a fancy plague doctor's outfit than something you'd go to a masquerade in.

Also
interesting there being a butterfly broach.

Dantis

I dunno.
Given how bulky it is, the rest of the getup looks more like a fancy plague doctor's outfit than something you'd go to a masquerade in.

Also
interesting there being a butterfly broach.
That was CrimsonFist being a joker.

Soejima's design won't look anything like that.
I stand by what I said. Seems a lot more likely to me.

Nachos

Guessing off a possible thief outfit seems pointless. There isn't really an obvious connection for any of them.
You're right, but a
plague mask
doesn't seem like it would fit anything else. Like, what else could it apply to, barring some serious symbolism gymnastics? But that's assuming that it isn't what Dantis said, when that does sound a lot more appropriate.

DNAbro

You're right, but a
plague mask
doesn't seem like it would fit anything else. Like, what else could it apply to, barring some serious symbolism gymnastics? But that's assuming that it isn't what Dantis said, when that does sound a lot more appropriate.

Again though what do the thief outfits really have to do with their Persona? Anne's catsuit/Carmen? Futaba's space spy/Necronomicon? Makoto's Biker/Pope Joan?

Dantis

I drew the kind of thing I'm expecting from Goro.

tumblr_ob8zlyeoT01s602ggo1_1280.png

Sadly the only video doesn't show the title screen, and video recording at the preview events isn't allowed.

Though there's always tomorrow, in gaming magazine.

Corginand

So there's a chance we see Goro's thief outfit (and maybe his persona) before release? That would be great, I don't want to risk getting spoiled trying to find pics.

DNAbro

I can't wait till P5 releases so I can properly download the OST. My playlist of youtube version got destroyed thanks to Atlus's trigger happy copyright claims. (At least what I'm assuming)

Like damn most were just trailer and stream rips. Calm your tits.

Also realized Winter of Rebirth comes out for home release soon right?

Top Bottom