• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Mediking

I'll add to this Akebi, which you can use as a dictionary (with both vocabs and kanji lookup, as well as example sentences), to review vocab (thanks to flashcard tests), and learn kanji (the app will show the meaning and readings, and from that you have to draw it).
I have been using it mostly for that last feature and I love it :D (The stroke recognition is way better in the beta version of the app, for whoever is interested).

Thank you, thank you!

Jintor

I think I might actually import it... But it's going to be so slow going lol. I'll probably only be like two dungeons in by Feb if I stop to look up everything

Mediking

I think I might actually import it... But it's going to be so slow going lol. I'll probably only be like two dungeons in by Feb if I stop to look up everything

That's what I was wondering... Unless you're super skilled in Japanese... what's the point of importing any Japanese game? Persona 5 is prolly gonna be packed with many secrets and cool stuff too.

Zolo

Yeah. I could import it, but I wouldn't get as enjoyable an experience if I just waited til Feburary. Might look up gameplay scenes on Youtube or something.

Jintor

Probably FAQ.

But honestly, if it's multiple choice and I can figure out the gist of the questions, I could probably work out enough to google.

I also don't have a pressing need to 100℅ the game on a language learning run...

Mediking

I mean, either wikipedia, a coin toss, or re-loading saves (if you really care about it) would work. It's not like they matter much anyway.

It does matter! Maxing out Academics almost always leads to something awesome!!! And you gotta save your friends when the teacher gives them a question they don't know!!!

I also don't have a pressing need to 100℅ the game on a language learning run...
Also this. This will be as much playing the game as putting into practice what I have been studying for a while. I'll probably miss out on something along the way and that's fine. I'll have the chance for a 100% run when it comes out in English.

Rutger

Banned
That's what I was wondering... Unless you're super skilled in Japanese... what's the point of importing any Japanese game? Persona 5 is prolly gonna be packed with many secrets and cool stuff too.

There are some types of games where being able to read Japanese doesn't mater at all, like fighting games.

For P5, part of it is that I love a challenge, and another part is that it has already been a great motivator for my studies. I know I'll have to put it a lot of work, but it's really no different from the work I already have to put into learning the language. I'm looking forward to seeing how far I can get by the English release.

For P5, part of it is that I love a challenge, and another part is that it has already been a great motivator for my studies. I know I'll have to put it a lot of work, but it's really no different from the work I already have to put into learning the language. I'm looking forward to seeing how far I can get by the English release.
On that point, I find it quite amusing that I started with my studies (even though I had to stop later due to school) at the beginning of 2014, pretty much right after the December 2013 announcements; among my main motivations was certainly the release of the game. And here I am now, trying to make the most of this summer between High-School and University with my studies, waiting for the game to come out.

Mediking

There are some types of games where being able to read Japanese doesn't mater at all, like fighting games.

So inspirational... ;_;

Strimei

Z4qRfOR.png

It was annoying as hell waiting for the autograph line to start (Otakon never manages the pre-line well. It was more a cluster. Some optimistic people tried to form an informal line but that never works), but I managed to get Lotus Juice and Shihoko Hirata's autographs!

They were both very nice, though Lotus Juice seemed rather tired. Shihoko asked everyone getting autographs questions about various stuff, she seemed to be having a great time.

Mediking

It was annoying as hell waiting for the autograph line to start (Otakon never manages the pre-line well. It was more a cluster. Some optimistic people tried to form an informal line but that never works), but I managed to get Lotus Juice and Shihoko Hirata's autographs!

They were both very nice, though Lotus Juice seemed rather tired. Shihoko asked everyone getting autographs questions about various stuff, she seemed to be having a great time.

That's so cool!!! I really gotta start buying Persona merchandise.

And uhhh whose Shihoko??

Strimei

That's so cool!!! I really gotta start buying Persona merchandise.

And uhhh whose Shihoko??

Shihoko Hirata's the vocalist for Persona 4's songs. So you can imagine how many of us in line had Dancing All Night stuff to get signed since it combines the both of them, heh.

Mediking

Shihoko Hirata's the vocalist for Persona 4's songs. So you can imagine how many of us in line had Dancing All Night stuff to get signed since it combines the both of them, heh.

Shihoko sang Your Affection?!?!?! Heartbreak Heartbreak?! Heaven?! My heart.....

artsi

Yeah those old threads are always gold. Announcement thread:

s8cyGgD.png

If people only knew back then... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

artsi

Is this thread going to be compromised when the Japanese release occurs. Dont want to walk into a spoiler by accident in the future.

I'm sure we're having an import OT and spoiler thread separate, so nothing should be here but the risk is always there that someone messes up with spoiler tags, or posts in a wrong thread..

We don't even talk about Persona 3 and 4 spoilers here without tags.

I'm sure we're having an import OT and spoiler thread separate, so nothing should be here but the risk is always there that someone messes up with spoiler tags, or posts in a wrong thread..

I see. Did not know the treatment of persona 3&4 were treated with spoiler tags. So should be safe but need to be cautious.

hughesta

Banned
Man I can't believe they're releasing the soundtrack next month but that the game won't release until Feb. Crazy decision on Atlus' part!

I need to stay strong

Mediking

Is this thread going to be compromised when the Japanese release occurs. Dont want to walk into a spoiler by accident in the future.

More like... this thread should be a safe haven from spoilers and stuff...Ohh wait....

Seriously, though... Import OT and Spoilers OT should hopefully help while this thread remains somewhat pure.

But GAF and the Internet is spoiler hell for anything.

Top Bottom