• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Soriku

One of Hashino's direct inspirations for Persona 5 is "The Fiend With Twenty Faces" and, while this was for his "Phantom" inspirations (which have so far been Personas) instead of "Picareseque" inspirations (i.e. story), there's still this:

I thought they were going to pick another mythology for this game, but it seems like they're going in a different direction which is cool. Wonder who the final boss will be (and if it'll be female again).

Weiss

Banned
I gotta wonder; what inspires a nearly-year long delay from a game that was originally going to release earlier this year at the latest, and was then sworn to come out at some point later in 2015?

I gotta wonder; what inspires a nearly-year long delay from a game that was originally going to release earlier this year at the latest, and was then sworn to come out at some point later in 2015?

I believe in the "we want to polish the game to make it near perfect"

Zolo

Well, you had the PS4 porting, but I do think at some point, they decided to add more content like the minigames and whatever else.

Things they want add to game, parts of the game that need more work. Many factors and as Last of Us showed, a delay can make all the difference.

so i was looking for persona sprites for a thing and this is what google shows up....(probably, more than likely, nsfw)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/properpropaganda/33k877c.jpg_zpsmxci4wac.png
[IMG]http://40.media.tumblr.com/f739dd898e5cba43fb570e85dffccb5f/tumblr_mrqo2uI9Bh1sbycj1o1_400.png
[IMG]http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/3/33880/2276055-2041ah.jpg
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/1f720de4ba30eafe532df6491a544843/tumblr_ncsxzpoAlh1tkzw5uo3_500.png
[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7r1iyhxHZ1qg3sz6o1_400.png
[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

so, yeah. anyone know where i can find the dialog sprites or a larger version of the wanted poster in case i do end up needing them for my art thingy?

what supposed to be talked about during this countdown thing? playing dan for 4 hours?

so i was looking for persona sprites for a thing and this is what google shows up....(probably, more than likely, nsfw)

so, yeah. anyone know where i can find the dialog sprites or a larger version of the wanted poster in case i do end up needing them for my art thingy?

what supposed to be talked about during this countdown thing? playing dan for 4 hours?

There's a site called Spriter's Resource that has sprites on it.

Darksol

Pretty much what I've come to expect from Atlus streams.

N61asU4.png

Don't click unless you've beat P4G
FYI, image spoilers don't work on the mobile site, and are displayed out in the open <_<

Sophia

As far as I know, spoilers for all games aside for Persona 5 are in the open here?

Exact opposite. No spoilers allowed unless they're under spoiler tags and clearly marked.

Well that's a bummer >.<

Edited again. Now nobody sees anything, lol.

Just mark it like "Persona 4 endgame spoilers: <link>" or something like that. Regular URL links work fine on mobile.

Zolo

Ah. Alright then.
Though with Adachi in Arena and everything else, it's kinda turning into an open spoiler. I remember getting spoiled by someone wearing an Adachi avatar with a clearly evil grin.

As far as I know, spoilers for all games aside for Persona 5 are in the open here?

You should use your best judgement. For example, stuff like Teddie having a human form would have been a spoiler a long time ago, but he's been plastered all over the expanded universe (though on the other hand, the identity of P4's antagonist is... not much of a secret anymore, but we should still avoid spoiling it flatout).

You can, as always, post anything you want about Persona 1's story because no one has played it or cares about it.

Sophia

Ah. Alright then.
Though with Adachi in Arena and everything else, it's kinda turning into an open spoiler. I remember getting spoiled by someone wearing an Adachi avatar with a clearly evil grin.

Yeah it's hard, especially because Atlus doesn't seem to consider it a spoiler anymore. None the less, the community thread has a lot of first timers so it'd be a shame if they got spoiled by it. So that's why full spoilers are in effect even for stuff that Atlus doesn't care about.

Yeah it.s hard, especially because Atlus doesn't seem to consider it a spoiler anymore. None the less, the community thread has a lot of first timers so it'd be a shame if they got spoiled by it. So that's why full spoilers are in effect even for stuff that Atlus doesn't care about.

(P4 ending (sorta) spoilers)
What other games can you think of that kept the main, secret antagonist in future games and actually focused on them? I think it's a big blunder to keep using Adachi as a character in the future games when he's supposed to be hidden

Nimby

Banned
Do I need to be careful about spoiling that
Naoto isn't a guy?

Well, it would be pretty hard to get into P4 without this being spoiled in someway. The Late-Arrival spoiler we we're just talking about fits this scenario pretty good :p

Jachaos

I'm so glad last year I got into P4G blind just off the GAF Hype and was not spoiled on anything, no mechanic, no party member, no game structure, no music, no nothing. The only thing I thought I was spoiled on about halfway through the game was that
Margaret
was the villain because of some trophy description while looking for the definition of "Drn" on an IGN Wiki. Turns out it was not even close to being a spoiler.

Top Bottom