• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so with 2 or 3 hours of grinding I was able to get the following:
Lv.58 Thor
Lv.51 Narashima
Lv.54 Kaiwan
Lv.55 Decarabia
Lv.43 Koumokuten
Lv.45 Lachesis
Lv.44 Kurama Tengo
I'm going to use these three to fuse a Lv.61 + Max Social Link Bonus Raphael later on.

So am I looking better for the Nyx battle?

Sophia

Lv.58 Thor
Lv.51 Narashima
Lv.54 Kaiwan
Lv.55 Decarabia
Lv.43 Koumokuten
Lv.45 Lachesis
Lv.44 Kurama Tengo
I'm going to use these three to fuse a Lv.61 + Max Social Link Bonus Raphael later on.

Much better. Although you'll probably fuse most of those away to get level 70+ Persona when you get there. They should serve you pretty well until then.

The biggest thing when fusing Personae is you make sure you've got all your bases covered. One physical, one elemental, one support, one healing. You can sometimes have two Persona cover one area too depending on the skill set.

Also make sure you have some of the essential skills. Mind charge for elemental Persona. Power charge for physical persona, and so forth...

BlackJace

Lv.58 Thor
Lv.51 Narashima
Lv.54 Kaiwan
Lv.55 Decarabia
Lv.43 Koumokuten
Lv.45 Lachesis
Lv.44 Kurama Tengo

Better. Anything lower than mid 60s will prove difficult with Nyx.

So just got that new cutscene they added to the Amagi Hotsprings in P4G. man that was tonally off-putting and just generic fanservice. Oh well, could be worse.

Soriku

Lv.58 Thor
Lv.51 Narashima
Lv.54 Kaiwan
Lv.55 Decarabia
Lv.43 Koumokuten
Lv.45 Lachesis
Lv.44 Kurama Tengo

If you can, get a Surt with Mind Charge and Ragnarok and use your stat-boosting items to get his magic to 99. I think Odin with Thunder Reign would work just as well too.

Bets on Demi-Fiend being a summon in P5? Or maybe a 'Grim Reaper' type boss

That'd be something they'd put in SMT IV.
Demifiend was already a boss in DDS before though so I don't know if they'll bring him back again...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you can, get a Surt with Mind Charge and Ragnarok and use your stat-boosting items to get his magic to 99. I think Odin with Thunder Reign would work just as well too.

That'd be something they'd put in SMT IV.
Demifiend was already a boss in DDS before though so I don't know if they'll bring him back again...

They brought him back in Imagine. And he's in SMT x FE. He's probably the most popular SMT mainline protagonist. Poor Aleph.

Phatmac

I shouldn't play the answer right? I beat P3 a while ago and I've wanted to check out the answer. I've heard some bad stuff about it so I don't know what to do. D;

bigkrev

So just got that new cutscene they added to the Amagi Hotsprings in P4G. man that was tonally off-putting and just generic fanservice. Oh well, could be worse.

It gets SO MUCH WORSE

Also, every time I try to start the Answer, I realize how impossible it is to go back to old P3 when all you have played is P3P. I can't imagine how frustrating it was.

Sophia

I'm pretty sure they changed Iwatodai Station to the Iwatodai Strip Mail just to ensure that nobody playing the game their first time misses out on all the locations there. Because they're stupid and they don't explore.
Like me on vanilla P3... ;_;

Alucrid

Banned
i'm probably done going back and playing old personas. i'll just wait until persona 5 comes out next gen on the ps4

:(

Jintor

Boy, completely stomping Nyx with a 99 mag Odin with spell master'd, double-amp'd thunder reign is fun as hell

Just started playing PS4G today, so far I'm loving it...this my first persona game. any tips?

Don't be tempted to use a walkthrough so that you don't miss anything. Just go through at your own pace and concentrate on the s-links you like the most. You will miss a lot, but that is what your second play through is for.

Wow these ending bits of P3P are even trippier in compromised visual novel format, lol

This is the part that made me the most mad about P3P, the removal of the animated cutscenes and the reduction of in-engine cutscenes to the static images. I never finished P3P because it felt so neutered without them.

kiyomi

Is this thread replacing the other Persona series community thread then? I'll try to be more active seeing as I am oh-so close to beating both Golden and Innocent Sin.

I am awful at fusion, really am. I tend to make progress just by smashing my head against a wall.

Jintor

Man, I miss that animation of Aigis trying to hide behind the tree.

"Time... time..."

/edit P3P end oh jesus christ
Junpei forgot about Chidori? Ouch. God damn.

QaaQer

Don't be tempted to use a walkthrough so that you don't miss anything. Just go through at your own pace and concentrate on the s-links you like the most. You will miss a lot, but that is what your second play through is for.

this, yes this. walkthroughs for first playthrough kinda wreck things. Getting stuck or needing help though, ask or look at a wiki. But stay away from those ones that tell you what to do on every day.

Sophia

Is this thread replacing the other Persona series community thread then? I'll try to be more active seeing as I am oh-so close to beating both Golden and Innocent Sin.

I am awful at fusion, really am. I tend to make progress just by smashing my head against a wall.

Luckily, the fusion system is designed so you can just toss stuff in and make it work. It's more about knowing which skills you want, and if you're not playing Persona 4 Golden, minimizing the amount of junk skills.

Sophia

The payoff at the end is so nice though. It's like a really dark episode of Disney's Recess. I love it. Makes me so sad that she isn't canon. :(

Also, nearly 500 posts already wut.

Well, she may be canonical, just not the events of her social link.... which actually makes it MORE depressing when you think about it.

And yeah, me and Jintor have 100 posts between us. :D

kiyomi

Luckily, the fusion system is designed so you can just toss stuff in and make it work. It's more about knowing which skills you want, and if you're not playing Persona 4 Golden, minimizing the amount of junk skills.
I'm very reticent to ever try new Persona as well, though. I'm coming up to the end of Golden and I only just hit 25% of the compendium, for example.

I'd be lost without skill cards, I think. Marie's only use.

Jintor

lol@maiko's dad
he only has the 'angry' portrait, haha

tumblr_mhn3036mVu1r6klw7o3_250.png

Dantis

Well, she may be canonical, just not the events of her social link.... which actually makes it MORE depressing when you think about it.

Yep, it makes me sad. :(
I want them to make FeMC canon somehow. Like, she's not the main character, she's just another student.

Dantis

Fixed. I hope they really ramp it up again for P5. Got to play to the series strength.

Oh you!

Guys did Meguro work on Bleach's soundtrack? I typed in "shoji meguro" on the Youtube search bar and one of the things that popped up was "shoji meguro bleach". So I was like WTF? And then when I did the search I'm seeing a lot of Bleach tracks credited to Shoji Meguro and Shiro Sagisu?

Umm...is this the same Meguro or a different one? If it's the same Meguro I can't believe I'm finding this out now. But I'm not seeing him credited for Bleach on his Wikipedia page. And something just seems off about the whole thing :x
Not as far as I know... Does it sound like Meguro? Most of his stuff is pretty recognisable...

EDIT: I just listened to a few of the tracks on Youtube. Those are not Meguro. Or rather, not the Meguro we're referring to.

Jintor

P3P

Aigis's voice breaking into normal speech is worth the aggravation of robot-talk throughout the entire game. God damn.

Urgh... gonna go see the rest of Saori's s.link on YouTube I guess and the few s.links I missed, but I think I'm done with P3P. Man...

I think i gotta take a break from playing Persona for a while urgh

Sophia

We're dangerously close to using terms like headcanon or otp

"otp" wouldn't mean anything in this context. I do like the use of the term "Headcanon" tho. :D

I'm very reticent to ever try new Persona as well, though. I'm coming up to the end of Golden and I only just hit 25% of the compendium, for example.

I'd be lost without skill cards, I think. Marie's only use.

Using just skill cards is basically a self-imposed challenged. I'm surprised you're not having difficulty.

Jintor

Personally I hope there's a reality where the P3 protags are twins or something who both end up in SEES

Apart from anything else it makes the fanart more cheery

about halfway into p4g..
it's a blast just like the original p4..
p4g additions are good (sure something can make you cringe your nose, other things though.....)..
if only they made me start on hard...
playing on normal and i'm gorging myself in the blood of my enemy :p
literally XD
i kept passing some early SOGOOD skills like passive resist physical bouncing it though every persona and some lucky dood got a skill upgrade on it transofrming it into null physical when i was around like 27? or 28?
long story short i'm doing good..
plus i steamrolled on slink so i'm good on that front too XD
just to explain the situation, i'm following the standard "1 day for each dungeon" method and now i've just unlocked the last party char dungeon, revisited the 8bit dungeon for the courage boost, and cleared last party char dungeon till the boss room... lunch break and that's it :p
at that point i'm sitting on...
main char 64
shiki ouji 62 *
jinn 66 *
hariti 64
mother harlot 63
cybele 67 (just fused.. not so sold on the skillset i choose but oh well.. it will serve as fusion fodder)
uriel 63
siegfried 66
byakko 66
chernebog 66
white rider 64*
belphegor 66
* --> will be used as fusion fodder @beginning of next dungeon
i *think* i'll screw last party char shadow battle HARD time :p

Kazzy

Personally I hope there's a reality where the P3 protags are twins or something who both end up in SEES

Apart from anything else it makes the fanart more cheery

I always did like the one that placed them in the cover-art for "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time". I can get behind the idea suggesting that they do both exist in the same continuity, just on parallel paths. It's a nice spin on things at least.

Though I have misplaced both that and the Chie parody picture. I'm sure someone will oblige!

Dantis

Just picked up Innocent Sin PSP earlier, what do I need to know before I get into this, gameplay wise?

Press start during a battle to skip battle animations, otherwise battles are slooooooow.

The PSP re-release is fortunately very easy, so don't worry about getting stuck.

Make sure you choose to install data, as loads are very frequent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom