• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nudull

Banned
Oh hey, didn't know this was he-

create.php

... ;_;

subbed.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Ë̶ͬ͗ͨͮ̾̎ͤ̅͏̘vͥ̀̓͏͕̘͍̫̼ͅe̷̞͍̝̒ͫ̚r̵̶̟̙̦ͧͬ̚͞y̷̥͓͙̦͍̙ͭͥ̒͝ ̨̰̠̄ͩͥ̏D̛͈͖̩̲͔̳̤̙̂ͩ̊̚͟ͅạ͍̮̗ͭ̀ͭ̊̑̎ͅy̲̘̗̙͚ͫ͛̑ͤ̀'̮̦̤̩̪̣ͭͫ͋ͮ̀ͅs̶̵̰ͬ̿̓̐̓ͨ͢ ̩͈̟̼͛̈͊̔̇͊ͯ̀͟G̴͑̾̽͝҉̯̣r̩̫̮͖̣̒̇ẹ̴̦͙̥͉̜͖ͫ́͐͂̉́a̬̰̙͖͌̓̔̏͑̀t̵̢͓̬̞̰̪̳̥͂͌ͩ̈̔̀̍̀ ̸͔͖̦̤̖̯̬̠͆̑á̲̖͚̟͛̒͡t̻̬͕̒̚͜͟ ͕̠̖̰̜̠͒ͩ̀ͣͩͭͤ̽͘͘ͅy̱͍̙̥̻̲͕͔̙ͬͮ͡o͓̰͔̗̅̇ͩ̃ͣ́̾ų̮̮̜̼͔̠̱͇͋ͤͯ͑͑̒̾r͓̈̏͐̕ ̠̭̦̳̮̱̻̙̃̀J̶̭̝̤̬͉̬̳̠ͩ̇ͣ̋̂͋́͢ụ͑̍ͬ͋ͯͥ̐ͬ̃n̸͗̒ͥ̋͏̠̱̲̮ę̲̥͚͇̳͇̤̹̳ͮ̏͗̔̚͝s͙̯̰̖̪̘̠̖̦ͣ̃̃͛͊́͐ͪͫ̀͞

Don't worry about the math. Just use him, and then use whatever you get from that in something else, keep picking up personas in shuffle time and stuffing them together

Fusion doesn't work that way; The base level (the level the Persona originally comes at) is considered during Fusion, not the current level. and Orpheus's base level is 1.

You should have fused him with your other low level personae and built up.

Also, see my edited questions above. I'm curious as to what your Decarabia has as it can inherit any ability.

Yup. If you grabbed a bunch of random from Shuffle time you can probably make some really powerful ones providing your social links are high up.
What the fuck, I have been wrong all this time.
Also, Decarabia has-
Stagnant Air
Matarunda
Megido
Marakukaja
Evade Slash
Fatal End
Divine Grace
Evade Ice (It's going to get Resist Ice next level up)
Decarabia is also weak to ice and nulls Fire.
Onto my Skill Cards-
Mazio
Hama
The rest are stronger versions or attacks like Fatal End, Getsu-ei, etc. Never really used Skill Cards.

Well I guess I didn't need to sleep tonight!

But what was everyone's favorite social links from 3 and 4, if anyone wants to discuss that?

It became Persona 4: Girl Side.
BELIEVE!!

Golden is shitloads easier so yes to bolded, I suppose. Fairness is somewhat built into the system because of how what affects you affects them. Consider working on your battle strategy and fusion-fu if things are too intense.

Fixed.

Sophia

o_o

What the fuck, I have been wrong all this time.
Also, Decarabia has-
Stagnant Air
Matarunda
Megido
Marakukaja
Evade Slash
Fatal End
Divine Grace
Evade Ice (It's going to get Resist Ice next level up)
Decarabia is also weak to ice and nulls Fire.
Onto my Skill Cards-
Mazio
Hama
The rest are stronger versions or attacks like Fatal End, Getsu-ei, etc. Never really used Skill Cards.

Hmm, that's not too bad for Decarabia. The lack of Mind Charge kinda sucks tho. Seeing as Decarabia has a fairly high magic stat, you may wish to replace Evade Slash and Fatal End with Tier 2 Ma spells (Mazionga, Magarula, etc) or any Tier 3 spells you can get your hands on by spell cards (Agiadyne, Garudynee, etc)

I'm level 78, what should I fuse to just completely steamroll the endgame P3P boss?

As long as you've got all your bases covered anything works really.

Trigger

But what was everyone's favorite social links from 3 and 4, if anyone wants to discuss that?

Persona 3 : Junpei, Saori, Maiko, and
Aigis and Shinji
(I'll spoiler this for new people)
Persona 4: Yosuke, Kanji, Hisano, Naoki, and Yumi.

Persona 4's best social links are the ones that focus on the awkwardness and sad aspects of day-to-day life IMO.

I've always hated how common insta-death skills are in SMT games. Despite being a fan now I can never get over it.

Jintor

In a singleplayer game the same thing affecting you as them isn't really fair because of relative scale. That is to say, you have to be lucky a hundred dozen times because there will always be more dudes out to get you, but they only have to be lucky once to hit an unfair death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey

FluxWaveZ

The Junes video's gotten me to watch the other "Nightmare" versions of the P4 soundtrack. The end of The Genesis one is particularly great.

I haven't finished Saori Hasegawa's from P3P yet, but that is one of the most impactful S. Links in the series to me. Maya's S. Link is great, especially for its conclusion at the end of the game.

Hanging out with Adachi in P4G was weird.

Jintor

Nothing, you should fight it fairly.

You're worse than dantis-kun

I started FES.

Atlus fucking neutered this game with P3P.

Wow.

To be fair it was a limitation of UMD architecture at the time. They made up for it with P4G which is by far the definitive version

fluxwavez said:
Maya's S. Link is great, especially for its conclusion at the end of the game.

Damn straight. I haven't finished Saori's, I got to a good part though, fucking scheduling.

Sophia

Hey Jintor was it you who failed to ace a test in the P4G thread for P3P? Cuz I just aced the first one. :D

Holy shit Star Kaiwan looks really cool. Do you guys recommend it? It's level 49 and it gets a S.Link Rank 10 Bonus Exp.

Make sure it's inheriting something good for offense. It's two innate abilities aren't that great, and itt has a high magic stat.

I started FES.

Atlus fucking neutered this game with P3P.

Wow.

I seriously wish that Atlus had put in direct party control in Fes, because out of every thing Fes does that Portable doesn't, the direct control is the biggest reason why I enjoy Portable more. Something about making sure the team does what I choose rather than having the AI take a gamble just feels right to me.

Holy shit Star Kaiwan looks really cool. Do you guys recommend it? It's level 49 and it gets a S.Link Rank 10 Bonus Exp.

49? Rank 10? Go for it, it'll get a hefty EXP boost

Trigger

I seriously wish that Atlus had put in direct party control in Fes, because out of every thing Fes does that Portable doesn't, the direct control is the biggest reason why I enjoy Portable more. Something about making sure the team does what I choose rather than having the AI take a gamble just feels right to me.

But then you'll never know the true terror of wondering if Mitsuru will hit the opponent with an ice spell or try charming it again.

For me, I'd have to say...

3: Tanaka, Mamoru, Maya, and out of the main character ones, Mitsuru, and the Dying Man.
4: Ai, Rise, Yukiko, Nanako, and Dojima.

I really believe that, at least between vanilla P4 and P3 FES, P3's best social links are the ones with the non SEES members, and the generally better social links (at least in my opinion) in P4 are the Investigation Team ones (though Ai's is definitely one of my favorite, which my friend who actually got me into Persona never tried before, :lol).

Squire

Banned

It'd be better design. Some crazy people will try to tell you it's "part of the appeal" or some such, but don't listen to them.

Jintor

I can't imagine how much easier the final boss is going to be without Akihiko and Junpei charging straight in to deal 600 damage to themselves

Squire

Banned
It's an interesting concept. It just doesn't work right tho.

Agreed. They just need better AI programmers, really. If you play the game that way with the confidence that your team mates would make the wise choice %90 of the time, they'd be all good.

Sophia

Agreed. They just need better AI programmers, really. If you play the game that way with the confidence that your team mates would make the wise choice %90 of the time, they'd be all good.

Well actually they fixed a lot of the issues in Persona 4/Persona 3 Portable. It's just that nobody cared. >_>;

Nudull

Banned

From my playthroughs of P4/Golden, the ones that stood out for me the most were Kanji, Yumi, Chie, Yosuke, and Hisano.

I can't really say of P3, since I have yet to finish it. I do own FES and Portable, but I've been sitting on them and since beating Golden, I've been thinking of which I'll do a run on. FeMC is making me lean a little towards the latter, though.

Jintor

From my playthroughs of P4/Golden, the ones that stood out for me the most were Kanji, Yumi, Chie, Yosuke, and Hisano.

I can't really say of P3, since I have yet to finish it. I do own FES and Portable, but I've been sitting on them and since beating Golden, I've been thinking of which I'll do a run on. FeMC is making me lean a little towards the latter, though.

FemC's worth more once you've done FES I think

What's a Chie.

This guy gets it.

I think I was 76 and it took me over 40 minutes to beat him because he
charmed Yukari and fully healed himself with a sliver of health left. ;_;

Same thing happened to me.
It's totally devastating! I quit the fight right then and there. I was like "fuck it, I'm gonna get the Armageddon spell," but after I got almost all my fusions complete, I realized I had to be level 90 to fuse Messiah and gave up right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom