• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

I'd totally buy a high quality Persona Tarot deck. D:

It would have to include the minor arcana, though, not even Tactics Ogre's had that.

I have the (now apparently rare) Mage: The Awakening deck.

0BCZFxh.jpg

Squire

Banned
I still have a copy of the Tarot Cards that came with my copy of Tactics Ogre. I've always wanted a set from the Persona series.

I have playing cards from Red Dead Redemption! Hey, Trig, is Tactics Ogre good? I've been flirting with the idea of getting that off PSN for months.

Dantis

The thing about figures is that while they're collectible, that's all they are. You can collect games, but then you probably also play them (your collected copies are probably seperate and sealed.) You listen to music, you watch movies, you read books.

Figures, you can put on display or take photos, but it's still not quite the same. And they're so expensive you most likely won't double down on them.

Indeed. Not my thing.

I do buy all the CDs though.

Trigger

I'm so jealous. I love the Persona take on the Tarot motifs.

I have playing cards from Red Dead Redemption! Hey, Trig, is Tactics Ogre good? I've been flirting with the idea of getting that off PSN for months.

Yes, it's got a wonderfully mature plot and a lovely art style. It's far less grindy than say Disgaea, and the updated version on PSN balances the difficulty curve in favor of SRPG newbies. lol, the only thing I hated was how hard it was to recruit certain characters.

I'm a bit biased though since the older PS1 version was my very first SRPG ever.
7gBysRZ.gif

Omikaru

P3 and P4's Tarot cards definitely have a more modern aesthetic that suits the direction that the series veered towards.

That also happens to be the direction I like so I'm disagreeing with cj_iwakura too. D:

I don't even believe in that stuff about the cards and fortune teller junk, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't want a Persona 3-4 Tarot deck.

FluxWaveZ

Let's. I'll jump all over whatever Atlus has for pre-order, or LE packages. Persona is one of the few series where I'll spend the extra for a collector's edition.

Yeah, and I was very surprised that they didn't have a Limited Edition version of Persona 4 Arena for the North American release.

FluxWaveZ

P5 is supposed to be big leap from what we've heard, no?

Only thing that was said was, in my words, "Hashino stated that the Persona Team wants to challenge more new things in Persona 5 similar to the changes they made from Persona 2 to Persona 3. He also stated that they had solidified Persona 5's themes." That was taken from an August 2011 Famitsu interview.

Meia

Wouldn't be shocked. Persona 1 and 2 kind of link, and Persona 3 and 4 kind of link, so maybe 5 and a future 6 will be by themselves and link?

How long after 3 came out did 4 anyway? And yeah, +1 on the want of a 3/4 style Tarot deck.

Sophia

Wouldn't be shocked. Persona 1 and 2 kind of link, and Persona 3 and 4 kind of link, so maybe 5 and a future 6 will be by themselves and link?

How long after 3 came out did 4 anyway? And yeah, +1 on the want of a 3/4 style Tarot deck.

Persona 3 came out in July 13, 2006. Persona 3 FES was April 19, 2007. Persona 4 was July 10, 2008.

Japanese release dates for all of them, but essentially it seems they had one team on FES and one team on Persona 4. :p

Trigger

Only thing that was said was, in my words, "Hashino stated that the Persona Team wants to challenge more new things in Persona 5 similar to the changes they made from Persona 2 to Persona 3. He also stated that they had solidified Persona 5's themes." That was taken from an August 2011 Famitsu interview.

Ah, I see! Well, I hope whatever they do they should hurry it the hell up.

Or at least give me another version of P3 to playthrough. :p

Squire

Banned
I think P5 and 6 will be close together in terms of when they release the way P3 and 4 are. Making Catherine and the building the engine are what's taken so long. Atlus doesn't make resource intensive games.

Dantis

*sigh*

Don't let me down, Hashino!

Meia

Maybe we get 5, which is it's own thing, and another "new" game to carry on what 3/4/arena started, leading into a 5 or 5 leading into it?

So many damn options, and we still don't know anything about anything, blargh.

Astra

After finishing Golden, I have an urge to replay P3 FES. Especially after building my new PC and being able to play it on PCSX2.

Squire

Banned
Maybe we get 5, which is it's own thing, and another "new" game to carry on what 3/4/arena started, leading into a 5 or 5 leading into it?

So many damn options, and we still don't know anything about anything, blargh.

I think we're gonna get a game with it's own identity that evolves the design, but still isn't radically different from what we've had. You want change, but you don't want an amount so drastic that the game is Persona in name alone.

Index has their interests as well. If they think Hashino is making something they simply can't sell to people who like P4, then they won't let him make it. Because that's the momentum they're riding high on right now. Golden, Arena, the anime, the figures, etc etc. I don't think they're gonna put out anything anywhere near as common denominator and soulless as say FFXIII (they won't release anything like that at all), but they're not going crazy either.

Dantis

I think we're gonna get a game with it's own identity that evolves the design, but still isn't radically different from what we've had. You want change, but you don't want an amount so drastic that the game is Persona in name alone.

Index has their interests as well. If they think Hashino is making something they simply can't sell to people who like P4, then they won't let him make it. Because that's the momentum they're riding high on right now. Golden, Arena, the anime, the figures, etc etc. I don't think they're gonna put out anything anywhere near as common denominator and soulless as say FFXIII (they won't release anything like that at all), but they're not going crazy either.

I think this is dead on. My concern is which parts will change and which stay the same.

No more robots, please.

Squire

Banned
I think this is dead on. My concern is which parts will change and which stay the same.

No more robots, please.

From a story standpoint, I honestly think we have to just wait and see. I have faith though.

From a design standpoint, I'm looking forward to a game actually balanced around Golden's systems.

Astra

No more robots, please.

I endorse this request.

I am glad for Golden's Very Easy difficulty. I simply lack the patience to go through P4 again for any reason other than the story, and to see the new content. I'll do a very hard run and get the platinum someday.

I am getting my moderate difficulty fix from going through Nocturne, which isn't all that hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom