• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Never explicitly stated, but if
it's made up of a repressed part of one's personality it's functionally a shadow anyway, just not going beserk. WEEEEEEEIRD how she has her own persona though, not sure how to reconcile that

P3FES, P1 & P4 spoilers

Well, The Answer was all about how Aigis cast away her humanity as a way to deal with P3MC's death, so I guess that manifested in the form of her "Shadow" Metis having her own Persona while Aigis kept hers, having been born when she was mostly robotic in The Journey anyways? She gets the ability of the Wild Card regardless, so whatevs.

It just reminds me of Maki in P1 having a Persona of her own when she's also just a fragmented part of the original Maki's psyche aka a Shadow.

Then there's Teddie, obviously, who's a Shadow but has gained enough self-awareness to develop an ego and gain his own Persona. Though, it's unlike the other two cases since we don't know if he doesn't seem to be a Shadow who originated from any specific person.

Sophia

Persona Character's birthdays, Blood Types and Zodiac's, because someone is crazy and made it.

There is a picture on it that sort of spoilers one of the Persona's btw. Just lettin you know beforehand. The crazy person who made this says that they will try to add ages there.

Needs years. Although you might find that difficult with the apparent Persona 3 retcon that they did.

What level is recommended to battle the Reaper in P3P?
I beat him fairly easily at 72? In P3P 75ish is fine.

What level you fight the reaper is at is mostly irrelevant, as long as you're above 70. Strategy and your skill setups matter more, as the few points differences between 70 and 85 are minimal. :p

Is that person you?

Also, that makes me think of how I don't believe any of the characters in that list are of either the Hermit or the Temperance arcana. Persona 5 needs to get on that.

No, I, sir, am nowhere near that crazy. Some guy on the Persona topic on /vg/ at 4chan. Yep.

If I made this and knew all that Persona knowledge, id shout it from the rooftops proudly and display it here for all to see.

Trigger

Kanji and Junpei are both Capricorns. I'm a Capricorn. I think that's awesome. :D

Never explicitly stated, but if
it's made up of a repressed part of one's personality it's functionally a shadow anyway, just not going beserk. WEEEEEEEIRD how she has her own persona though, not sure how to reconcile that
P3FES, P1 & P4 spoilers

Well, The Answer was all about how Aigis cast away her humanity as a way to deal with P3MC's death, so I guess that manifested in the form of her "Shadow" Metis having her own Persona while Aigis kept hers, having been born when she was mostly robotic in The Journey anyways? She gets the ability of the Wild Card regardless, so whatevs.

It just reminds me of Maki in P1 having a Persona of her own when she's also just a fragmented part of the original Maki's psyche aka a Shadow.

Then there's Teddie, obviously, who's a Shadow but has gained enough self-awareness to develop an ego and gain his own Persona. Though, it's unlike the other two cases since we don't know if he doesn't seem to be a Shadow who originated from any specific person.

Hmm, yeah. The logic always bothered me. It's like us fans trying to reconcile all the weird inconsistencies of the series.

FluxWaveZ

Kanji and Junpei are both Capricorns. I'm a Capricorn. I think that's awesome. :D

Yukiko shares my birthday. Always felt weirdly happy about that.

Also, Aigis's activation date is listed as September 10th, 2000, instead of September 10th, 1999 as was originally established. Mitusuru and Akihiko's birthdays have likewise been modified.

I've never noticed that before. Why would they bother doing that...

Sophia

I've never noticed that before. Why would they bother doing that...

On further examination, Mitsuru and Akihiko haven't had their birth-dates changed. It's just Aigis and the general date of the story. (2010-2011 instead of 2009-2010.)

At first I thought this might have been an error in the English script, but nope, it's the same way in the Japanese version.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
No, I, sir, am nowhere near that crazy. Some guy on the Persona topic on /vg/ at 4chan. Yep.

If I made this and knew all that Persona knowledge, id shout it from the rooftops proudly and display it here for all to see.

I could tell it was someone from 4chan because >implying.

Aigis and I have the same "birthday" :3

Jintor

All the events of Persona 3 (and only Persona 3) have been suspiciously bumped up a year in Persona 4 Arena. See: Mitsuru's story mode,
which says the Dark Hour occured until 2011.

Also, Aigis's activation date is listed as September 10th, 2000, instead of September 10th, 1999 as was originally established.

Huuuuuuuh

I wonder if they have an IRL schedule they're trying to keep to, like the way the P4 anime's announcements coincided with important in-game dates

Sophia

Huuuuuuuh

I wonder if they have an IRL schedule they're trying to keep to, like the way the P4 anime's announcements coincided with important in-game dates

For what it's worth, Aegis: The First Mission also somehow occurs before Aigis was activated. I haven't figured THAT one out. >_>;

You're that excited for P4A2?

Dude it's
Nyarlathotep.
What Persona fan wouldn't be excited to see that?!

Daimaou

Adachi and I have the same blood type and zodiac.

Hrm.

On further examination, Mitsuru and Akihiko haven't had their birth-dates changed. It's just Aigis and the general date of the story. (2010-2011 instead of 2009-2010.)

At first I thought this might have been an error in the English script, but nope, it's the same way in the Japanese version.

Maybe it was an error in the Japanese script that the English translation didn't catch? Since shifting the year like that throws a lot of things out of whack.

Jintor

I'd personally be happy if PAL got P4A at all fuck you Atlus!
don't hurt me Atlus I love you baby just give us what we want ;__;

FluxWaveZ

Speaking about P4A plotline, warning, spoilers for the entire franchise incoming. Do not click the Youtube links if you don't want bozanka spoilers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBAb-EeVTME&t=1h23m10s

So excited for this.

"...Everything is now in readiness," as the screen turns black, huh. The team obviously have a plan for where they're going with the story. I'm also very interested to see how they choose to pursue it.

Sophia

Maybe it was an error in the Japanese script that the English translation didn't catch? Since shifting the year like that throws a lot of things out of whack.

Yeah that's why I said apparent. I'm still waiting on the P3 movie to see if they change it there or not.

Dude it's
Nyarlathotep.
What Persona fan wouldn't be excited to see that?!

One's who dont know who that is, or anything pre P3.

Btw, I looked at the early days of finding out the P4A plot in the P4A topic, turns out I talked to quite a bit of you back then, but had forgotten, sorry guys!

I want to check out EPP just for the extra scenario. I want to see how it ties into the greater Persona story, and if it clears up the series' place in SMT canon.

It doesnt really tie the game to the others in the series so much, but what it adds to the fiction is pretty damn insane.

I want to check out EPP just for the extra scenario. I want to see how it ties into the greater Persona story, and if it clears up the series' place in SMT canon.

It very loosely tries to extrapolate on some stuff to help smooth the transition into P3, but it's not anything particularly substantial.

The does p2 take place in the traditional SMT universe? A lot of demons in that game seems like they might be the real deal.

No, All the Persona's take place in the same universe, there is just a split.

SMT If, Persona 1, Persona 2 Innocent Sin

SMT If, Persona 1, Persona 2 Eternal Punishment, Persona 3FES, Persona 4, Persona 4 Arena

I don't like Akihiko's english voice in P4A. It's not the same as P3P. That alone was enough to make me not main him even though he was my favourite in p3p.

Weiss

Banned
It doesnt really tie the game to the others in the series so much, but what it adds to the fiction is pretty damn insane.

I'm just curious about how it deals with there being actual demons in the early Persona games and how that reconciles with the Shadows from P3 and 4. I know that the game contains several references to Devil Summoner, but I felt that the two series just kind of thematically clashed.

So what does it add? I'm really interested now.

No, All the Persona's take place in the same universe, there is just a split.

SMT If, Persona 1, Persona 2 Innocent Sin

SMT If, Persona 1, Persona 2 Eternal Punishment, Persona 3FES, Persona 4, Persona 4 Arena
So Orberon is actually real and not just a persona right? Same goes for that one demon that sits on a toilet right?

FluxWaveZ

So Orberon is actually real and not just a persona right? Same goes for that one demon that sits on a toilet right?

I haven't played Eternal Punishment, but Belphegor—Ixquic's companion—wasn't a Persona at all, so I think you're correct.

Ixquic is awesome, btw:
P2I-hoshiAkari.jpg

If there ever was a character to return in the series (aside from Belladonna singing in the Velvet Room)...

I'm convinced after P4A that P5 will have an action/tales like battle system.

I'm not sure how I feel about that but could be great with the series enemy designs. Crazy?

I haven't played Eternal Punishment, but Belphegor—Ixquic's companion—wasn't a Persona at all, so I think you're correct.
Yeah Belphegor, I forgot his name. Trish got kicked out of the fairy place by Orberon because she was a greedy ignorant fuck. That should mean that Orberon is real also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom