• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

:O You're playing through 3 right now!? How are you liking it?

Oh hey man it's you :D

I'm absolutely loving P3. P4 doesn't feel like a sequel that overshadows P3, both games are legitimately enjoyable in their own way. P3's setting and characters are great, and I wish I actually went to Gekkoudan high school...

also did I mention Shinji is a goddamn badass? Holy shit, he's arguably the coolest member in the crew.

Levito

Banned
So CJ, Armada, Jello and I just finished recording the first episode of the PersonaGAF podcast, it was a lot of fun.

We don't have a name for it yet, but we'll figure something out. Armada is going to see if we can get an an OT made.

Any help with a name gets super bonus points.

So CJ, Armada, Jello and I just finished recording the first episode of the PersonaGAF podcast, it was a lot of fun.

We don't have a name for it yet, but we'll figure something out. Armada is going to see if we can get an an OT made.

PersonaGAFcast: Broadcast from the Velvet Room

well I tried

Any help with a name gets super bonus points.

PersonaGAFcast: Broadcast from the Velvet Room

well I tried

That went very well! We got chemistry, man! I do like the idea of calling it the PersonaGAFcast since we'll be having guests from the community come to talk with us but if anybody has a clever name for it, please let us know :)

Thanks!

Levito

Banned
Definitely like the "Coming to you LIVE from the VELVET ROOM, it's BLAH" - just gotta build from that.

So I'm going to edit this so music plays us in at the start of the podcast, and plays is out at the end. Going to have The Poem for Everyone's Souls for the beginning. Not sure yet what to use to play us out though, something with a bit more energy would be good.

Anyone have a song suggestion?

cjkeats

Noi

Spent two hours yesterday on a line to try out Remember Me.

God, more like Forget Me. It's a shame cause it looks pretty, buy that's all it has going for it.

cj_iwakura

Spent two hours yesterday on a line to try out Remember Me.

God, more like Forget Me. It's a shame cause it looks pretty, buy that's all it has going for it.

I think that's just a terrible name for a game. I'd have used something like Remembrance.

Noi

Any game you guys want me to check out today? I'm spending all day on the show floor to check out stuff cause there's no panels to go to.

Last of Us line is beastly, but I imagine it's worth it.

Marche90

Jika Net Tanacast! Coming over the waves to youuu!

Huh... the pun sounded better in my head. Oh, well

Have you guys already planned when this will go live?

Astra

Ohh, PersonaGAFCast, eh? Ought to be interesting. When can I listen to this?

I'll give you a hint: It's not in the combat systems of Persona 1 and 2.

Fun is secondary to progress!

Unfortunately the combat system of P1 and 2 fall behind there, as well.

cjkeats

Ice cold burn son. Not bad, I'll give you that.....not like 3 is any better though, and 4 is far too easy.
3 and 4 are super satisfying. All out attacks never get old. And there isn't wrong with an easy game.

They're no worse than any other RPGs of the era. Heck, you could say they're better in ways.

True. My main problem with it is that it's so slow. Painfully slow, even with the skip animations on.
Every time an enemy did that dance move one of them does early in the game, I got time to lay my system down and go make a cup of coffee.

Most time when I rag on it I'm only doing it to torment someone(well..mostly buddha).

But I'm talking about nocturne and DDS, not Persona 1/2.

I dont want all out attack in my press turn, I feel all out attack got boring. Maybe if they had multiple animations or something...

Sophia

All out attacks are solid, but they need more variety. Same animation every time kinda sucks. Or two animations if you're playing Persona 4.

Levito

Banned
Honestly I don't really see the point :/

*shrug*

Like any fan oriented podcast: For fun! :)

Ohh, PersonaGAFCast, eh? Ought to be interesting. When can I listen to this?

I'm editing it right now, need to find out where to host it though. Anyone have a suggestion? I'm checking with my EiC on Rely to see how easy it is to get a podcast on itunes.

Ron suggested "S. Link FM" I really like it, what does everyone else think?

"Coming to you LIVE from the VELVET ROOM, it's S. Link FM"

Dantis

I'm editing it right now, need to find out where to host it though. Anyone have a suggestion? I'm checking with my EiC on Rely to see how easy it is to get a podcast on itunes.

Sound Cloud, and great name.

I don't like it due to the exclusion of P1/2 but you know me!

cj_iwakura

Next time have more than two hours notice. :p

started persona 3p couple weeks ago and i'm now at the top floor of the tartarus, just waiting for
jan 31 to come by

still thinking if i should grind a few levels or just wait around (been using mitsuru 71, akihiko 70, yukari 69 and occasionally aigis at 65)

cj_iwakura

Don't worry, I gave serious s/o to Persona 2 although I wasn't entirely accurate when confusing the actions of King Leo and the Joker!

Also cj, I'm working on some things for your upcoming world domination :)

I rambled plenty in the podcast I did on a whim a few months back. :p I'd be happy to join in on the next one though.

Also, looking forward to it!

Meia

started persona 3p couple weeks ago and i'm now at the top floor of the tartarus, just waiting for
jan 31 to come by

still thinking if i should grind a few levels or just wait around (been using mitsuru 71, akihiko 70, yukari 69 and occasionally aigis at 65)

You SHOULD be fine, and yet I never took on the last boss without being able to get to the bottom of Monad, so I was always overleveled, so dunno.

jan 31 to come by

Your levels are about where they should be. I was only a few higher than that at your point.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'd like to think that part of the inspiration for the podcast was.... this.

God help me, I don't know what I was doing!

The audience is now deaf

cjkeats

If I remember right, I believe there's a spot on the podcast where we talk about P3's release date and I say "96". Rest assured I meant "06". It was 4:30 am. I was tired, and pretty nervous.

Levito

Banned
Ok it's settled, podcast is going to be called S. Link FM. :)

I'll have it up on soundcloud later today. Should I maybe upload it to youtube as well?

We need a feed to get it on itunes, so I guess that'll come later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom