• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember right, I believe there's a spot on the podcast where we talk about P3's release date and I say "96". Rest assured I meant "06". It was 4:30 am. I was tired, and pretty nervous.

No, you are secretly a big fan of Persona 1 and were announcing the JP release date in 1996

A little saddened the name omits Persona 1 and 2 :(

Levito

Banned
We dicuss P2 at pretty significant length, also touch on P1.

We'll have a future episode dedicated to just what makes those games great. :)

SteeloDMZ

Banned
In fucking credible what just hapenned to me. Took down Nyx to the point where the bitch
does Night Queen, Yukari got charmed and mediarrahan'd the boss back to 6000. Just for the fuck of it I kept going and managed to bring the boss, on the same battle, to low health level and the exact same fucking thing happens again.

Man, how do I beat this piece of shit?

In fucking credible what just hapenned to me. Took down Nyx to the point where the bitch
does Night Queen, Yukari got charmed and mediarrahan'd the boss back to 6000. Just for the fuck of it I kept going and managed to bring the boss, on the same battle, to low health level and the exact same fucking thing happens again.

Heal only with items, or grind in Monad so you can solo it if you want to.

Anti Charm items bro

Sophia

Every time, someone gets hit by this. I love it. MegaTen at it's finest.

We're not going to outright kill you, just make the fight take forever. :D

Young Magus

Every time, someone gets hit by this. I love it. MegaTen at it's finest.

We're not going to outright kill you, just make the fight take forever. :D

Am I the only one who never got it by this? This never happened to me not once during both of my playthroughs.

Meia

Never happened to me either, though I guess I just got lucky.

Can't you get everyone an anti-charm weapon by fusing a Narcissus with their Nihil weapon if you HAVE to do something anyway? Also, funny since someone a page or so back posted a youtube vid of this exact same thing happening, with the boss having no visible HP left. :p

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, I just heard about the podcast. I have no idea if it would ever happen, but I would love to have a conversation with shidoshi about queer subjectivity in Persona 4 with regard to Kanji and Naoto. Or someone should have that discussion that can represent both sides of that argument anyway, because it's certainly something worth talking about.

Uncle AJ

Greetings from PAX!

IMAG0173.jpg

(Not me)

IMAG0174.jpg

In retrospect, I probably should have asked the Chie to kick him in the nuts.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Do you guys know if someone in the party is charmed and you do a rush before their turn, do they still heal the enemy or do they attack the party instead? I'd much prefer the later!

Levito

Banned
You know, I just heard about the podcast. I have no idea if it would ever happen, but I would love to have a conversation with shidoshi about queer subjectivity in Persona 4 with regard to Kanji and Naoto. Or someone should have that discussion that can represent both sides of that argument anyway, because it's certainly something worth talking about.

We plan to do a future show on this, and I would really like to get Shidoshi on when it does happen. Just remind me!

First episode just finished rendering, but I can't think of a title yet!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
We plan to do a future show on this, and I would really like to get Shidoshi on when it does happen. Just remind me!

If it happens, I'd really like a chance to talk to him anyway. I'd like to see how far apart we are on the issue after our conversation in that big thread from a couple weeks ago. lol

Sophia

Do you guys know if someone in the party is charmed and you do a rush before their turn, do they still heal the enemy or do they attack the party instead? I'd much prefer the later!

Pretty sure they just do as they please, regardless if you rush or not.

Dantis

THE PODCAST FOR EVERYONE'S SOULS

(Or something actually relevant to the topics discussed in the episode...)

Levito

Banned
HERE IT IS FOLKS. HYYYYYYYYYPE.

S. Link FM Episode 1: Enter the TV
Soundcloud Link
Youtube link

S. Link FM is a new podcast dedicated to all things related to Altus's JRPG videogame series Persona. Created by members of the the PersonaGAF community from Neogaf,we intend to go over a slew of topics each episode.

In the very first episode of S.Link FM, we decide to start things off a little casually and go over how each of us got into the Persona series.

Hopefully we can get an actual OT made, eventually if we can keep it going I'll make an blog and post it on itunes as well.

We decided to do this podcast on a whim last night so I apologize if the first episode seems disorganized. I also enabled downloads on soundcloud so feel free to download it at your on leisure.

Meia

Only question I have: If you're someone that hasn't played all of the persona games before, how spoiler laden is it?

cjkeats

Only question I have: If you're someone that hasn't played all of the persona games before, how spoiler laden is it?

There are definitely P4 spoilers in it. P1 and P2 are left pretty spoiler free. I can't really remember if we spoil 3 much.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Don't have the time now but I'll download and listen tonight. Looking forward to it!

Soma

Was juuuust thinking about finding a podcast or something to listen to while playing through P2.

I'll be giving this a listen.

Man, this is so good so far. I have to get in on this action sometime!

Also, I thought I'd share how I got into the Persona series (even if nobody cares).

I've always been a huge fan of the Pokémon series (as made obvious by my username). Pokémon Blue was the first game I ever played, and my attachment to the series has remained into my adulthood. Five years ago, in the summer of 2008, I was at my aunt's beach house in Prince Edward Island for all of July and most of August. On my first day there, my cousin (who was also into Pokémon) excitedly told me that he had just bought an awesome game that was like Pokémon for adults. We immediately ran to the basement and turned on the game, which of course was Persona 3 FES. We were so entranced by the awesome gameplay and interesting story that we would spend all day taking turns playing, except when my aunt would kick us out to go do errands or exercise. Unfortunately I had to leave before we could finish The Answer, and the game was so rare around where I lived at the time that I couldn't buy and complete it for myself. Flash-forward to December of that year: Persona 4 launches, and I get it as a gift from my visiting cousin on Boxing Day. I basically locked myself in my room for the rest of Winter Break, and completed the game before school resumed. It was a magical experience that I never want to forget.

Trigger

Soundcloud Link
Youtube link coming soon

S. Link FM is a new podcast dedicated to all things related to Altus's JRPG videogame series Persona. Created by members of the the PersonaGAF community from Neogaf,we intend to go over a slew of topics each episode.

In the very first episode of S.Link FM, we decide to start things off a little casually and go over how each of us got into the Persona series.

Hopefully we can get an actual OT made, eventually if we can keep it going I'll make an blog and post it on itunes as well.

We decided to do this podcast on a whim last night so I apologize if the first episode seems disorganized. I also enabled downloads on soundcloud so feel free to download it at your on leisure.

Yasssss

I'll have to listen later when I get home.
M1GDraI.gif

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Oh lord...

I'm gonna have to use something other than my laptop's mic for next time. That thing picks up every time I was scratching my head. lol. God only knows what happened to my bluetooth mic.

Soundcloud Link
Youtube link coming soon

Oh lord, what have we done?! Great job Levit0, or should we call you leader? :)

The |OT| will be ready tonight!

Eh, I dunno about the name tbh. My suggestion wasn't that good either, but S. Link FM just doesn't feel right.

I'll take a listen later tonight.

Arcanacast and Tarot Talk are two great names in my opinion, but hey, your guys' podcast, your guys' name, it's all good.

I'll probably listen to it later as well.

Marche90

I think that his complain is another one...

He thought of the name first?

Also, I'm good with whatever name you use, guys. After all, I would't be able to think of a good one even if my life was on the line lol

Levito

Banned
I'm sorry Jintor, I forgot you posted that name first.

I actually really like the name, but if enough people want it changed we can do that.

EDIT: removed youtube link, will reupload

Dantis

Listening to the podcast. Wasn't sure what to expect, but it's actually pretty neat.

My one disappointment is that you all sound completely normal. ;)

my only complaint so far is that 1 person is left channel and the rest are right, no one is both. THat's not good for me since my computer's headphone jack is wonky, and despite being plugged in sometimes one channel doesn't work until I'm jiggling it. If it were both I would be able to always hear.

That's my only problem. Good so far, that aside.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Listening to the podcast. Wasn't sure what to expect, but it's actually pretty neat.

My one disappointment is that you all sound completely normal. ;)

Not all the time

my only complaint so far is that 1 person is left channel and the rest are right, no one is both. THat's not good for me since my computer's headphone jack is wonky, and despite being plugged in sometimes one channel doesn't work until I'm jiggling it. If it were both I would be able to always hear.

That's my only problem. Good so far, that aside.

One of those was probably me, I was just using my laptop's microphone which kinda sucks, and picks up more noise than me speaking apparently. :p

I found my Bluetooth headset so hopefully it will be better next time.

Omikaru

The voices being split up on left and right audio channels is very jarring. Still listening, mind, so I'll let you know how it goes.

You definitely need Buddha on to talk about P2, since he loves it so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom