• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
The day Dantis rents P4A will be the day when this happens:

1364323447774.gif

FluxWaveZ

I think I like the idea of having a more online multiplayer element to it similar to Demon's and Dark Souls, but I don't think I'd want it to be too fundamental to the gameplay, or at least the game's narrative. Something like that makes sense though, especially given the SOS system in P4G as well as being able to create one's own personalized catchphrase for other people to view.

MAKOTO YUKI. And yeah, Igor's back and he'll have canned dialogue for sure.

Foxix Von

Hmmm I'm looking at the persona PSP releases and realizing they got a price drop. Should I just jump into Innocent Sin? Or is playing the first Persona necessary? Everyone says it's terrible so I was thinking it might be smart to just skip it?

Hmmm I'm looking at the persona PSP releases and realizing they got a price drop. Should I just jump into Innocent Sin? Or is playing the first Persona necessary? Everyone says it's terrible so I was thinking it might be smart to just skip it?

You can jump into Innocent Sin without Persona 1, but the Persona 1 references are changed to Revelations: Persona references come Persona 2 Eternal Punishment PS1. Characters named Eriko and Kei in Persona 1 Portable and Persona 2 Innocent Sin Portable is suddenly named Ellen and Nate. For the most part Eternal Punishment has an adequate translation though.

Foxix Von

You can jump into Innocent Sin without Persona 1, but the Persona 1 references are changed to Revelations: Persona references come Persona 2 Eternal Punishment PS1. Characters named Eriko and Kei in Persona 1 Portable and Persona 2 Innocent Sin Portable is suddenly named Ellen and Nate. For the most part Eternal Punishment has an adequate translation though.

Alright, groovy. Do you think it's worth the time to play through 1?

Now I'll be pondering about the best way to play EP haha. Playing on the Vita is cheaper, but there's something to be said about playing on an old CRT.

What's this about a P3P price drop? I'm guessing digital right? I guess I could buy it now and play later, starting to build up a backlog at this rate though, lol.

Also what's the general consensus on P4 Arena? I've noticed it's been out in NA for months now and it's recently come up for pre-order over here. Strangely, only the limited edition seems to be showing up on Amazon UK but it's at the price I'd usually expect for a normal PS3 game... Um, looking into it it might just be their way of saying 'pre-order bonuses'. Kinda confusing.

Anyways is there plenty of single-player content? Does online have rankings so you're not pitted against players who are stupidly good? I do like fighting games but I don't have the time to invest into them to get good so I'm really not sure if I should get this or not...

Mendrox

You should buy P3P. And you shouldn't care about running around. FeMC is easily the best protagonist that a Persona game has seen.

Bought it... I thought if I don't buy it now, I wouldn't buy it later (or for that far higher price) so I guess I am in for a treat. P4G was awesome, I guess P3P won't be that much more bad

What's this about a P3P price drop? I'm guessing digital right? I guess I could buy it now and play later, starting to build up a backlog at this rate though, lol.

Also what's the general consensus on P4 Arena? I've noticed it's been out in NA for months now and it's recently come up for pre-order over here. Strangely, only the limited edition seems to be showing up on Amazon UK but it's at the price I'd usually expect for a normal PS3 game... Um, looking into it it might just be their way of saying 'pre-order bonuses'. Kinda confusing.

Anyways is there plenty of single-player content? Does online have rankings so you're not pitted against players who are stupidly good? I do like fighting games but I don't have the time to invest into them to get good so I'm really not sure if I should get this or not...

All pre-orders for the game will be "limited edition" because we had to wait so long for it. It's just a load of crap though ( soundtrack and "digital fan pack", which is probably just some themes/avatars).

I'm not sure how the game itself is but apparently it has a lot of single player content and an auto combo button if you suck at fighting games like me.

The only problem is the online will probably be dead. It came out in the US and Japan in August and most people who bought it then have probably long since moved on and I can't see it selling well in Europe at this point.

Sophia

NORIAKI AKITAYA IS DIRECTING!?! Holy shit.

Makoto Yuki tho? Hmm, I could get used to that.

I haven't watched the trailer yet, just the director has got me hyped.

The only problem is the online will probably be dead. It came out in the US and Japan in August and most people who bought it then have probably long since moved on and I can't see it selling well in Europe at this point.

The online is not dead on the PS3. You can still get plenty of ranked and player matches.

Soma

It wasn't till recently that I learned that Elizabeth's Japanese VA is Miyuki Sawashiro

Best attendant gets even better.

Sophia

So this is probably a trilogy and the first movie will probably stop before Yakushima Island, as Aigis/Ken/Shinjiro are not listed among the cast list as far as I can tell.

I'd probably watch the cartoon if they just randomly swapped between Boy Hero and Girl Hero. Like one shot is Boy Hero then in the next it's Girl Hero.

Marche90

I can see the parallels. Being with 5 or so women at the same time e.e

Also, ah well, Minato Arisato had a good run. I guess I'll start to get used to it. Managed to do it with Narukami, so it shouldn't be that hard. On the other hand, boy does Souji Seta sounds weird to me now.

cjkeats

P3 protag is half the man Makoto from School Days is.

You all should watch School Days. Beautiful show, and the finest love story in decades.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
You guys don't appreciate true art.
or the joy of seeing other people watch it

This is pretty much the only reason why you should tell people to watch it.

JUST WAIT IT GETS BETTER!!!!!!!

Then BAM.

Head in a bag

but in reality, show sucked dong

P.S. Nice boat.

Basically, if literally the only thing a work has going for it is the ending, and even then the only reason anyone cares is because ~
surprise violence
~ then the work kind of fails from like an objective standpoint.

~Shocking plot twists~ like this are juvenile and lazy.

cjkeats

Wow, you seriously do have awful taste. Like, I legit feel sorry for you.
lol.
Basically, if literally the only thing a work has going for it is the ending, and even then the only reason anyone cares is because ~
surprise violence
~ then the work kind of fails from like an objective standpoint.

~Shocking plot twists~ like this are juvenile and lazy.

For someone who hasn't said a serious thing ever, you are taking this anime awfully serious.

All pre-orders for the game will be "limited edition" because we had to wait so long for it. It's just a load of crap though ( soundtrack and "digital fan pack", which is probably just some themes/avatars).

I'm not sure how the game itself is but apparently it has a lot of single player content and an auto combo button if you suck at fighting games like me.

Oh I see... Well I am sorta leaning towards getting it, not convinced yet though the thought of playing as Teddie and Naoto is tempting...

I'd probably watch the cartoon if they just randomly swapped between Boy Hero and Girl Hero. Like one shot is Boy Hero then in the next it's Girl Hero.

They should do this just for the one shot so everyone can do a double take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom