• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

tumblr_mcwzx3PeeP1qh5kc2o7_250.gif

EDIT2: Spoke too soon. I found some other pictures too... Oh, well, I can choose later and use the rest some other time...

Is there a Chie version?

Necrovex

This thread is really motivating me to go back and finish P3P. If only I wasn't in my final month of school. No time to play.

And I love all the fan art in this thread. They are so bloody awesome!

Dantis

Doing a code trade with CJ so that I can get Eternal Punishment.

I really hope this is worth the wait, haha.

Also, do I get BoF 4 or Fatal Frame with my remaining $20?

This thread is really motivating me to go back and finish P3P. If only I wasn't in my final month of school. No time to play.

And I love all the fan art in this thread. They are so bloody awesome!

I can't believe you haven't done it yet!

Omikaru

Loki or Metatron, I think.

Wow, I loved this image. The artist emulates the art style welll, if you ask me:

GUbqQWD.jpg

Decided this would be a cool new wallpaper for my Vita. Just for P3 and P4, of course.

2013-04-14-173933_zps7a30497f.jpg

Thankfully it doesn't look that gross on Vita. Needs a bit of work to make sure everyone's face is in it, though. Bar cuts a few off at the top. :(

Now I need to find one for P1 and P2.

Necrovex

Doing a code trade with CJ so that I can get Eternal Punishment.

I really hope this is worth the wait, haha.

Also, do I get BoF 4 or Fatal Frame with my remaining $20?

I can't believe you haven't done it yet!

Fatal Frame, duh. C'mon, you can never have enough horror (I shouldn't say this as Siren: Blood Curse continues to stare at me in the goddamn face each time I boot up my PS3).

And it's hard to go back to P3P. I've thought about restarting my file and playing it on very easy mode. After playing through Persona 4 Golden, it's quite difficult getting used to P3P's gameplay, and I was annoyed with it prior to playing P4G.

Also, I have an avatar request! Could anyone create me an avatar of P3FMC and P4MC imitating (ending spoiler for Steins;Gate, though it's more on the final piece of art)
Stein;Gate's final scene when Okabe and Kurisu are facing one another?
I want to embrace my love for both franchise, especially since Zero Escape 3 won't come out until late 2014.

Dantis

Right, just met Baofu, and now we're off to Mt. Mifune. THOUGHTS SO FAR:

The story seems very high quality, as expected. It's great to see so many characters return too. P2 has some really memorable ones.

The localisation is of a higher quality than I had expected.

The portrait art is excellent. The Maya portrait is perfect, and overall they're a notable step above the IS portraits.

The music is decent enough, although it is severely limited by the hardware capabilities. Some tracks are better than others.

Voice acting is inconsistent. Some lines sound great, some not so much.

Battles were pretty bad before I turned on animation skip, but turning that on has fixed it. They're fine now, though the menus are really bloody ugly and cumbersome.

The map screen (Which is mega useful) takes too long to load, but this is an incredibly minor complaint.

Overall, I'm happy with it. It's pretty much exactly what I expected, and I'm glad I finally get to finish the story off (Not to mention this is the only Persona game that I haven't completed).

Fatal Frame, duh. C'mon, you can never have enough horror (I shouldn't say this as Siren: Blood Curse continues to stare at me in the goddamn face each time I boot up my PS3).

And it's hard to go back to P3P. I've thought about restarting my file and playing it on very easy mode. After playing through Persona 4 Golden, it's quite difficult getting used to P3P's gameplay, and I was annoyed with it prior to playing P4G.

Also, I have an avatar request! Could anyone create me an avatar of P3FMC and P4MC imitating (ending spoiler for Steins;Gate, though it's more on the final piece of art)
Stein;Gate's final scene when Okabe and Kurisu are facing one another?
I want to embrace my love for both franchise, especially since Zero Escape 3 won't come out until late 2014.

Probably going to get Fatal Frame. I already own Fatal Frame and BoF, so it's a matter of convenience. FF is on Xbox 1, so I can't play it without setting up my Xbox, so that seems like the wiser choice.

I can maybe draw you that avatar if I ever around to finishing Steins;Gate, haha.

cj_iwakura

Right, just met Baofu, and now we're off to Mt. Mifune. THOUGHTS SO FAR:

The story seems very high quality, as expected. It's great to see so many characters return too. P2 has some really memorable ones.

The localisation is of a higher quality than I had expected.

The portrait art is excellent. The Maya portrait is perfect, and overall they're a notable step above the IS portraits.

The music is decent enough, although it is severely limited by the hardware capabilities. Some tracks are better than others.

Voice acting is inconsistent. Some lines sound great, some not so much.

Battles were pretty bad before I turned on animation skip, but turning that on has fixed it. They're fine now, though the menus are really bloody ugly and cumbersome.

The map screen (Which is mega useful) takes too long to load, but this is an incredibly minor complaint.

Overall, I'm happy with it. It's pretty much exactly what I expected, and I'm glad I finally get to finish the story off (Not to mention this is the only Persona game that I haven't completed).

Glad you enjoy. I'm not having much luck on my end, but I pray it's just SotN and not Maken Shao. (SotN won't run due to a visual error.)

Also, isn't Joker's voice the best? I always thought EP had a fantastic localization, and it still holds up.

Dantis

Glad you enjoy. I'm not having much luck on my end, but I pray it's just SotN and not Maken Shao. (SotN won't run due to a visual error.)

Also, isn't Joker's voice the best? I always thought EP had a fantastic localization, and it still holds up.

Shoot, really? Have you tried switching to 720p?

And yeah, Joker is great, haha.

cjkeats

The ; and l are too close together. It's not my fau;t.

I played most of SotN on my psp. It works mostly fine there until you get the R2 and L2 abilities.

Marche90

Sometimes, it happens

Totally;natural
Being a little more serious, I can't wait to see what AX brings. Supposedly, S;G might be announced there.

And while decent, somehow there's something very off about that last image. Ah, well, it's miles better than anything I can do, so I can't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom