• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
No it's not. Look at the problems you guys are having. Too big a barrier of entry, and it's shit on other platforms.
But hey, suit yourselves, I'm just trying to help. Steam is not good for everyone.

Preach.
I'd say it's more of a Warner Brothers like charm. Did you catch the little Wile-E Coyote reference when the dragon blew up?

I'm not having any issues actually, myself. I also don't the barrier to Steam is any more a hassle then setting up/getting into an IRC chat. You DL/install Steam and get the license for a free game you don't even need to actually download. But people will always have their preferences, you're right.

To the spoiler: I agree, actually! I missed that reference, but WB put out Summer Wars in Japan and that's finally/stylistically similar to LWA.

cjkeats

I'm not having any issues actually, myself. I also don't the barrier to Steam is any more a hassle then setting up/getting into an IRC chat. You DL/install Steam and get the license for a free game you don't even need to actually download. But people will always have their preferences, you're right.

To the spoiler: I agree, actually! I missed that reference, but WB put out Summer Wars in Japan and that's finally/stylistically similar to LWA.

Well, the set up is only for one person. Everyone else just clicks a link to a chat room in your browser, a billion times easier than all that shit you gotta do just to chat on steam. Not everyone plays games on there computers, puls there's work computers, and people on phones, etc.

I dunno if I'd compare it to Summer Wars, but hey everyone else: Summer Wars is awesome and the directors next film Wolf Children is even better. Another you don't necessarily need to be an anime fan to enjoy.
So buy a real computer.

Stop being a hipster.

Sophia

I'm okay with getting an IRC set up, as long as we get a webchat link in the OP. That way anyone can in theory join the channel.

PK Gaming

Anyone in the mood for a forum game?

In this game, we'll build our own Personas (/igor)

RULES
[0]:1st. you'd pick an element resistance / weakness
[0]:2nd. Pick a skillset (note said skillset must been from an existing character, EX: Junpei Iori's skillset from Persona 3)
[0]:3rd. you'd pick the persona itself (Cannot pick a signature character specific Persona)

So going by the established guidelines

My Persona:
1. My resisted element is Electric / My weakness is Dark

2. I'm using Ken Amada's skillset
1. Ziodyne
2. Spear Master
3. Mediaharan
4. Vile Assault
5. Samerecarm
6. Hamaon
7. Diaharan
8. Hama Boost
3. Fafnir, from Devil Survivor Overclocked!
Fafnir_DSSH.png

Today isn't good for me in Arena (have some company over, so I'll be playing offline multiplayer of anything), I'll join you guys for that tomorrow.

Meia

Well, apparently my PS3 is killing itself trying to play P4A.

Was able to do tutorial no problem. Enter training, endlessly loads. Ok, let's install it.

Installing takes like 10 minutes with like nothing happening at first before the bar starts filling, it finishes, try enter training, and get this:

"The game data is corrupted. The game will close. You must delete the game data to play this game."

Time to go back to gamestop, whee.

PK Gaming said:
[0]:1st. you'd pick an element resistance / weakness
[0]:2nd. Pick a skillset (note said skillset must been from an existing character, EX: Junpei Iori's skillset from Persona 3)
[0]:3rd. you'd pick the persona itself (Cannot pick a signature character specific Persona)

Resist Fire/Weak to Electricity

Skillset: Junpei Iori from P3FES' The Answer

Agidyne
Vorpal Blade
Power Charge
Megidolaon
Maragidyne
Spring of Life
High Counter
Brave Blade

Persona: Seth

Onemic

Invite sent to Onemic. Not sure what your PSN is.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i have been disrespected. Mitsuru Senpai doesn't take lightly to disrespect

Yup, I'm officially back to being scrub tier. I am free. My mitsu is so stiff and I've forgotten all my combo's ;(

FluxWaveZ

Yup, I'm officially back to being scrub tier. I am free. My mitsu is so stiff and I've forgotten all my combo's ;(

Ha, don't worry about it. No matter how long I don't play a game for, I seem to have the ability to avoid getting rusty.

Edit: GGs to onemic, ScraftyDevil and PK Gaming. 'Twas fun.

Dantis

Steam is waaaay better.

By the way, I just saw Little Witch Academia!

It's utterly excellent. Not overhyped at all. There's a Disney-like charm to it that pulls you in instantly and every facet of the production is top tier. Great animation/art, it's funny, and the music is great, too. (So many shows forget that last one matters.)

I hope there's a series and I hope someone licenses it and gives it a great dub because it really deserves it. (If it's Sentai I will cry.)

I love it. Dantis should watch it.

I remain unconvinced.

Meia

If the copy I get tomorrow after driving for an hour actually works, I'd like to try it if possible.

IF it works. Stupid GS....

Squire

Banned
I remain unconvinced.

You really should. Really. It's less then a half-hour, free on YouTube, and just masterfully produced. It's like what I said about the first FMA series on the last podcast. It's a good anime, but it's quality supersedes the medium and propels it to just being a great piece of entertainment. Period.

And the ratio of pandering/typical anime bullshit is like no joke 0%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom