• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
I can't justify buying a WiiU, even though SMT vs Fire Emblem is coming out on it. If Persona 5, sure, but not for a crossover.

Moonlight

Banned
I'll buy a WiiU when the honest to god games actually start coming for it. I love Nintendo's first party stable, but I can't justify buying a console with the only games I'm interested in being far off in the horizon.

cj_iwakura

The picture I posted is much, much, much more representative of the game art (Because they're the in-game portraits, obviously). This is a great illustration, but the game looks nothing like it whatsoever.

But I wasn't saying that Soejima is a better artist than Kaneko anyway, I was saying that the character designs are more appealing, and I absolutely stand by it. Like I say, Kaneko's characters look lifeless in comparison (Which is obviously part of their appeal).

I think some of his designs have plenty of life, but to each their own. They take a different route to things.

And of course the game looks nothing like it, it's a PS1 title. :p

PK Gaming

Any flaws you may have with this game go away once you get Aigis. This is fact. :D

images

FluxWaveZ

You're a better man than me. I'd probably use it to rob banks and extort people and stuff.

Can't say I wouldn't actually use a Persona for selfish reasons if I obtained one, but in this hypothetical scenario where Personas suddenly exist, a group of goody two-shoes Persona users would hunt you down and mess you up.

I think the only party member in the series who has actually used his Persona for non-altruistic reasons was Eikichi before the events of IS.

Sophia

Just a reminder, we have an IRC chatroom set up now. Use this link to access the web chat.

If you'd rather connect with your own client, the server is globalgamers.net, default 6667 port, and the channel is #PersonaGAF. Some recommended clients are Chatzilla, mIRC, X-Chat2, IceChat, or Colloquy (OS X)

It'd be kinda nice to eventually replace or supplement the Steam chatroom, as IRC is a lot more reliable than Steam's current chat, not to mention anyone with a browser can access it.

We have totally awesome conversations in there too! For example....

* Deadpool940 is hitting himself for being a shitty human being
<Ventop> wow
<Ventop> no
<Ventop> youre not a shitty human being
<Ventop> YOU'RE GREAT
<Deadpool940> SAYS YOU
<Deadpool940> I CAN'T SPELL PHILADELPHIA
<Ventop> !8ball is deadpool great
<ChanServ> Ventop: Never.
<Ventop> ok nvm

PK Gaming

You're a better man than me. I'd probably use it to rob banks and extort people and stuff.
i'd do a bit of the hero stuff (persona users don't take much damage from bullets right? stopping armed evil doers is a dream of mine) and a bit of the bad stuff (persona's are invisible to normal folk in the real world, right? don't mess with me :V)

PK Gaming

Have you finished Persona 3? Because...

No they're not.

I just thought that Persona were more sturdy + physically stronger than the average human. I guess the reason why they can tank so many hits is plot related.

+

Darn, I guess that rules out using my Persona for mischief.

FluxWaveZ

I just thought that Persona were more sturdy + physically stronger than the average human. I guess the reason why they can tank so many hits is plot related.

If you mean the users, they are (explained in EP's Tatsuya scenario). Doesn't make them impervious to bullets, though.

Marche90

Uh... are we deprecating the Steam chat?

Just to make a bookmark of the IRC and (probably) uninstall Steam. The chat's literally the only reason why I have it installed.

Sophia

Just to make a bookmark of the IRC and (probably) uninstall Steam. The chat's literally the only reason why I have it installed.

Seems that way. Steam chat has this issue where it seems to regularly boot everyone but not tell anyone Plus it's missing an emote command. Plus, IRC is accessible on everything.

Seems that way. Steam chat has this issue where it seems to regularly boot everyone but not tell anyone Plus it's missing an emote command. Plus, IRC is accessible on everything.

Yeah I'm gonna do this too since I have no use for steam without the chat. Glad we finally switched

SteamsonaGAF pls BibleThump

Dantis

That's true, but I would be over in Japan working as an AKB48 bodyguard.

And prevent Dantis from ever going to a Meguro concert because he refuses to watch LWA.

Persona Live 2014.

BELIEVE.

SteamsonaGAF pls BibleThump

YES.

I can't be bothered with IRC. STEAMSONAGAF 4 LYFE.

<TWILT> !8ball Will Dantis love P5?
<ChanServ> TWILT: It won't happen, not a chance, definitely no.

Probably true.

EDIT: Kotaku have done an article on Soejima's art. And another on Kaneko's.

Lunar15

Real talk: I listen to Persona music all the freaking time, and I'm not even the kind of person who listens to a lot of video game music regularly. I'll just go through phases where it's all I listen to. That live band stuff is just too good. I love the live version of The Almighty, what with the saxophone and all. Dat sax. I also love it in Heartful Cry. So good.

Also, I recently realized that I've never been a part of the "hype cycle" for a persona game. I played both 3 and 4 after they released, and back to back. I've never even really had the chance to spoil myself. When the announce 5, I'm really going to have to do a blackout, which I've never been successful at. The temptation to hear some music or watch some cutscenes is going to be intense, but I'd really love to go in as blind as possible.

That live band stuff is just too good. I love the live version of The Almighty, what with the saxophone and all. Dat sax. I also love it in Heartful Cry. So good.

The saxophone in those songs is so good. I spent fifteen days just teaching myself the sax bit from The Almighty, but Heartful Cry's is easier because it's pretty straitforward up and down.

The Fog's concert version is also amazing; you should check it out if you haven't already.

Lunar15

The saxophone in those songs is so good. I spent fifteen days just teaching myself the sax bit from The Almighty, but Heartful Cry's is easier because it's pretty straitforward up and down.

The Fog's concert version is also amazing; you should check it out if you haven't already.

Believe me, I've tracked down every version of every persona song, even the P1 and 2 stuff, as well as Meguro's stuff from other SMT games.

Heck, I even listen to that conceptual, fan-made P5 album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom