• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxix Von

Well I'm giving up on playing Soul Hackers for a while on account of the audio being so quiet I can't hear significant quantities of dialogue without headphones.

In the meantime my girlfriend was a sweet heart and snagged me a PSN card so now I'm downloading Persona 1. I hope I end up liking this :D

Dantis

It was getting pretty grating skipping through scenes and redoing puzzles just to get the true ending. My patience ran out.

As good as the story is, 999 is pretty flawed as a visual novel.

As someone who swears that Arena's story is good, this is a pretty crazy thing to say.

Meia

Well I'm giving up on playing Soul Hackers for a while on account of the audio being so quiet I can't hear significant quantities of dialogue without headphones.

In the meantime my girlfriend was a sweet heart and snagged me a PSN card so now I'm downloading Persona 1. I hope I end up liking this :D

Stick with it, go for personas without a lot of magical weaknesses, and know the Megido tree is jesus in the game.

<--- Still level grinding before last dungeon

In case anyone is perplexed about that Tatsuya comic, "I want to fuck Akihiko" somehow became a meme on the 4chan /vg/ boards SMTG and PG, don't know how or why, but yep. Also Cult of Gaia is the traditional SMT chaos faction.

Jintor

Uh, guys... something weird happened to Yukiko's persona...

tumblr_mais734zD31r2qfp6o1_r1_500.png

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
In case anyone is perplexed about that Tatsuya comic, "I want to fuck Akihiko" somehow became a meme on the 4chan /vg/ boards SMTG and PG, don't know how or why, but yep. Also Cult of Gaia is the traditional SMT chaos faction.

I'm not too surprised it became a meme over there.

cj_iwakura

Started Maken Shao. Boy is that game not meant for third person. The controls aren't nearly as smooth and responsive as Maken X's.

It's still fun, but it's a huge step back.

Dantis

No, 999 has a lot of stupid shit you have to put up with as far as the mechanics of the 'game' go. Which is why VLR remedied all of it!

It really doesn't.

Holding right on the D Pad skips any text you've already seen, so the only problem is redoing puzzles.

Arena on the other hand is absolutely crippled by its constant internal monologue, and having to replay the P4 character story over and over.

Started Maken Shao. Boy is that game not meant for third person. The controls aren't nearly as smooth and responsive as Maken X's.

It's still fun, but it's a huge step back.

Clearly this is because Hashino directed Maken X, but not Maken Shao.

But as someone who never played the original, I still thought it played great. The combat is incredibly tight and fair for such an old game.

cj_iwakura

Clearly this is because Hashino directed Maken X, but not Maken Shao.

But as someone who never played the original, I still thought it played great. The combat is incredibly tight and fair for such an old game.

Maken X had a mechanic where you could jump straight over an enemy and land behind them while locked on. Maken Shao has the shadow dodge, which isn't nearly as good.

Foxix Von

Stick with it, go for personas without a lot of magical weaknesses, and know the Megido tree is jesus in the game.

<--- Still level grinding before last dungeon
Cool beans. Thanks for the heads up. I tend to get a big kick out of dungeon crawling, so I'm hoping this is right up my alley. How long did it take you to get where you are?

Meia

Cool beans. Thanks for the heads up. I tend to get a big kick out of dungeon crawling, so I'm hoping this is right up my alley. How long did it take you to get where you are?

Game time is only at like 23 hours or, up to 25 cause of level grinding I probably don't need to do. I both want to get all of my characters ultimate personas, and don't because their skillset looks freaking terrible(at least half of them do anyway). But then again, that requires grinding for more than you have to, unless the last dungeon is some uber place or something(everyone was at 45 up to this point, almost have everyone up to 55 now).

Also doing it on Beginner, cause screw harder difficulties I just want to slog through this. Still says something that it's taken me all month to get to this point. Though most of it was the last few days as it takes a bit for anything to kick in, character or story wise.

And about the Narukami glasses, yeah there are frames for ALL of the cast glass's now. While I can see decorating my electronics and stuff with P4 stuffs, stuff I actually wear? Yeah, probably not. Still tempted to get an iphone 4 JUST for the persona skins for them(same with Ipad)...

And if you haven't played Persona 3 in any incarnation and you have persona 3 portable as your first, female all the way(realize male is canon, but screw that you can get that by watching the movie later this year).

Thanks for the replies! I don't think I'm gonna do multiple playthroughs (If I do it won't be for a long time), so I think I'm gonna go with the female lead.

Correction, they never cared about their licensed property fighting games passed initial release, they never have, it has always been like this.

PK Gaming

Saw this in the pickup thread...

Yeah.

I was just thinking about P4 glasses at work today. If only I could apply my prescription to them...

Gonna jump into P3P today. First time playing Persona 3. Should I play as the guy or girl?

If you think you'll be able to play through P3P twice, pick guy first then girl. Otherwise pick whoever you like (I prefer FeMC myself)

Mazre

Started working my way through the Answer again. Definitely missing fusion bonus exp and the compendium. Wish they had put in some mechanic where you unlocked s. link equivalent bonuses as you progress through the floors, though this is somewhat balanced by the fact that there aren't any time constraints as in the Journey. Still this does force you into more of a grind mentality. The lack of compendium is certainly the bigger irritation.

Progressing through P1 simultaneously. Progress check:
Just entering Pandora's domain, guessing I have a ways to go as I keep seeing gear for characters I haven't seen since the first few hours of the game
. Was pleasantly surprised to see that the story picked up some steam after meandering about for the first 10-15 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom