• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

Isn't it actually because P3 music regulars have a hand in Trinity Soul music and not P1/2 music

Yumi Kawamura did all the vocals for P1, and Lotus Juice did the rapping for Unbreakable Tie in P2.

So I don't think so. I think they just focus on the P3 and 4 stuff because it's 'theirs'.

cjkeats

Persona 4 fans sure are dedicated, these may have spoilers though:
K-on X Persona 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YLUk6uo5Io
Amazingggggg
There's a lot of Persona-fied K-On art out there. o_o That end fits too well.

Hmm... does that make Azusa Labrys?
I'm somewhat an expert on the subject. I've only seen dear old Azunyans as Metis. There's probably more out there. I should go looking.

Yumi Kawamura did all the vocals for P1, and Lotus Juice did the rapping for Unbreakable Tie in P2.

So I don't think so. I think they just focus on the P3 and 4 stuff because it's 'theirs'.

I always thought it was just Merugo music. P1 PSP's music was completely redone wasn't it? Was Yumi even in the original?

cj_iwakura

Amazingggggg

I'm somewhat an expert on the subject. I've only seen dear old Azunyans as Metis. There's probably more out there. I should go looking.

I always thought it was just Merugo music. P1 PSP's music was completely redone wasn't it? Was Yumi even in the original?

Yes, a couple of tracks are remixed, that's it.

And no, the only song with vocals in the original is Satomi Tadashi Pharmacy.

There's only one guy in the universe who thinks Persona PSP's OST is better.

Here's why the original is awesome: Ayase's Theme

It's a certain style that the new Persona games have nothing remotely similar to.

It's a certain style that the new Persona games have nothing remotely similar to.

All the original character themes were so good

cjkeats

I think one of the few things me and Dantis agree on is the PSP version OST. So make that two people. That Ayase track is pretty sweet though. Sounds 80's as hell.

cjkeats

I don't really like navigating the overworld like that in any of the megaten games. I think the first time I saw it was in Raidou 2.

Dantis

I highly doubt that. P1 PSP has a glorious soundtrack. P1 PS1 has a pretty damn terrible one.

EDIT: That track you linked is actually pretty good. I'd love to see a list of which tracks Meguro worked on. I've only ever seen him credited for the Velvet Room, but in an interview from 1999 he talks about doing multiple songs for it.

Yeah, I was referring to the PSP one. Also, the Trinity Soul tracks aren't Meguro, so it's not just his stuff.

DOUBLE EDIT: Well look what I just found. Meguro did quite a bit, it seems. Not sure why I've never checked VGMDB before.

cj_iwakura

I highly doubt that. P1 PSP has a glorious soundtrack. P1 PS1 has a pretty damn terrible one.

You have read that huge post someone from here did on why P1 PS1's OST is so good, right?

It also innovated(and ended with P2) the neat theme of the battle track looping into the 'da da da da DA' ending when you get status results, no matter what point in the song it's at.

Sophia

Yeah and that's about the only quality I can ascribe to it. Although, it's a lot better than some of the other Revelations Persona tracks.

Meia

Having played through P1 for the first time ever last week, no song in it really stood out to me at all, honestly. Minus the random battle music, the music for the school boss fight, and the store music those are the only ones I really remember.

Then I get to P2, and it's a party in my ears again. :p

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Are the persona fames, or any of the shin megami ps2 games, available for download on pan?

Just Persona 3 FES. Which is kinda buggy. (As far as PS2 is concerned)

The PSP versions of P1, P2 and P3 are and there is P2: Eternal Punishment which is the original PSX version.

And of course, Golden.

Meia

Are the persona fames, or any of the shin megami ps2 games, available for download on pan?

Persona 1(PSP)
Persona 2: Innocent Sin(PSP)
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment(PSX)
Persona 3 Portable(PSP)
Persona 3 Fes(PS2)
Persona 4 Golden(Vita)

Is what's available on PSN.

Alucrid

Banned
Just Persona 3 FES. Which is kinda buggy. (As far as PS2 is concerned)

The PSP versions of P1, P2 and P3 are and there is P2: Eternal Punishment which is the original PSX version.

And of course, Golden.

Persona 1(PSP)
Persona 2: Innocent Sin(PSP)
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment(PSX)
Persona 3 Portable(PSP)
Persona 3 Fes(PS2)
Persona 4 Golden(Vita)

Is what's available on PSN.
Thanks, looks like this might sway me to get a vita then.

Meia

Only downside with the Vita is the memory card price, but I got my solution today.

A lot of stores do price matching. Target in particular price matches specific websites, like Bestbuy. Bestbuy has had the 16GB card for $30 for the last two months, so that's kind of a permanent thing. Find a Target with one if you buy a Vita, and price match that thing. :p

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
AT&T's online store had the 32GB for 50 bucks on clearance a few months ago.

I tried to order one when they first appeared but my order ended up getting canceled. Was going to sell my 16GB to cover most of the cost after I got it, but that never happened.

Only downside with the Vita is the memory card price, but I got my solution today.

A lot of stores do price matching. Target in particular price matches specific websites, like Bestbuy. Bestbuy has had the 16GB card for $30 for the last two months, so that's kind of a permanent thing. Find a Target with one if you buy a Vita, and price match that thing. :p
16 gig for 30 bucks? Damn I may just have to jump on that soon

Sophia

M. Night Shyamadan? Seriously?

yukaritakebao3ucu.png

Dantis

Master of twists and puns!

I hope you're all planning to jump back into Steam when we play Arena next Friday, otherwise communication is going to be awkward.

Sophia

I'm sure the vast majority of us will be in IRC actually, seeing as we can get players who wouldn't normally join Steam.

Also, someone suggested that I continue the Yukari gag and call you Dumbtis. I don't think I'm that mean tho. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom