• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
Conversely, I think it would have been too preachy if everyone had scolded him for it.

I have no idea how it was at your schools, but there's no way in hell that would have happened when I was 16/17 at my school.

Agreed. If was the same situation when I was that age.

And yeah, I see where you're coming from, PK.

Sophia

Until someone steals your Aegis Aigis avatar!

Nobody would be that foolish. Besides, I keep all my avatars.

That's because I wasn't around then!

I do remember you using Marshu as your board name. :p
Was not around for that but I remember you went by a different name AND had a FEmc avatar.

Marrshu is dead and buried, except on PSN where I can't change it. :(

I still have that FEMc avatar, maybe I'll use it some time.

cjkeats

I have a folder full of avatars. Mountains of unused ones. I can't help it, I see fun art, I think how it would look cropped bordered and shrunk to an avatar.

It's a curse.

cjkeats

I do that sometimes, but I usually use it right away. :p

I usually get it made, then I'm not happy with it so I don't change it but I keep it just in case. Sometimes it don;t look as good once it's there on GAF as it did in Photoshop.

If you're lucky, you might see my avatar change for a split second before changing back because I don't like it. They say if you see it and make a wish it'll come true.

Soma

I have a folder full of avatars. Mountains of unused ones. I can't help it, I see fun art, I think how it would look cropped bordered and shrunk to an avatar.

It's a curse.

Same. I'm so fickle when it comes to avatars :(

I've managed to slow it down to one new avatar per month.

Pretty much.

I don't like her that much, and yet she's the one character I can identify with the most I guess.
Her journey at first is trying to just become independent because she thinks she's forced to continue her parents' legacy, so she despises it, moreso when the others around her able to choose their fates. Then just by simply finally talking to her folks about it(something she avoided), she realizes it IS up to her what she does. Then it becomes "Cool, I'll go do what I want now." Her Slink sessions, all of them, boil down to her realizing that she loves everyone around her, and wants to support them, just like people of that arcana kind of always do(not unlike Fuuka at all ultimately). Her ultimate choice, to stay with those she truly loves, defines her, and when she finally becomes true to herself, that's when she maxes.

I get it, I just find it really annoying. It made her so predictable to me, and I just found her whole arc to be disappointing. I feel like so much more could have been done with her, especially regarding her friendship with Chie and everything. I feel like a lot of filler banter scenes (not her S.link in particular, but scenes involving everyone) could have been actual development and I would find it her whole thing less simple and bleh.

I would say I keep both of the avatars I've used, but I really didn't keep the first one, since it was only a placeholder until I made a better one given the size dimensions of GAF's avatars versus other sites. Until I made this one I just used an altered size version of my IGN icon. After I made this one I got rid of the placeholder.

Risette

A Good Citizen
It takes me awhile to pick a new avatar. Even when I see art I like, I have to consider how well it would work cropped to NeoGAF sizes. That's no easy feat, really.

The hardest part, I think, is what the small size does to image quality and clarity. I had to make 8 separate versions of my current avatar until it no longer bothered me with either blurriness or aliasing. To finally solve an aliasing issue on the hand that bothered me (and likely only I would have noticed), I had to point resize (nearest neighbor scaling) it from 400x480 to 4000x4800 and apply a 25-pixel radius Gaussian blur to soften it nicely, and then finally resize it down to 100x120 with Cubic interpolation (Lanczos is sharper, but it ended up too jaggy.)

The aliasing on her collar area still bothers me, but it doesn't really matter from proper viewing distances. If you can see the aliasing on her collar, you are sitting too close to your monitor and are likely damaging your eyes. Consider it a helping guide.

Squire

Banned
Of course not. I'm not silly. :p

I'm just as big of a Nasuverse fan as I am a Persona fan.

I really wanna get into Fate. I've been told Fate/zero is a good first exposure, so I'm hoping the dub gets a BD release. I've always loved Saber's character design and they cast Kari Wahlgren as her, so it's a double-win already.

Moonlight

Banned
I really wanna get into Fate. I've been told Fate/zero is a good first exposure, so I'm hoping the dub gets a BD release. I've always loved Saber's character design and they cast Kari Wahlgren as her, so it's a double-win already.
Ignore what Sophia will inevitably say (and I know she will object!), but start with Fate/Zero. Never go farther than Fate/Zero. It's all downhill from there!

Soma

Just watch Fate/Zero. Don't bother with anything else in the franchise.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
It takes me awhile to pick a new avatar. Even when I see art I like, I have to consider how well it would work cropped to NeoGAF sizes. That's no easy feat, really.

The hardest part, I think, is what the small size does to image quality and clarity. I had to make 8 separate versions of my current avatar until it no longer bothered me with either blurriness or aliasing. To finally solve an aliasing issue on the hand that bothered me (and likely only I would have noticed), I had to point resize (nearest neighbor scaling) it from 400x480 to 4000x4800 and apply a 25-pixel radius Gaussian blur to soften it nicely, and then finally resize it down to 100x120 with Cubic interpolation (Lanczos is sharper, but it ended up too jaggy.)

The aliasing on her collar area still bothers me, but it doesn't really matter from proper viewing distances. If you can see the aliasing on her collar, you are sitting too close to your monitor and are likely damaging your eyes. Consider it a helping guide.

If i see a picture that is just too big, I make an attempt to make it look good, usually after about 10 minutes I give up because my photoshop skills suck and I don't want to waste anymore time on it. ;P

Venfayth

I played Fate/Stay Night first and then watched Fate/Zero and I turned out ok!

Only thing I'd say is that the first route of F/SN is enraging, and that altogether it is a bit long.

Fate/Zero has a slow start, also, and the second half is way better than the first.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
What is your avatar anyways?

Rei Reiho!

oGQAbpZ.jpg

Shadow Maya was an art that me and many other P2 fans were looking for, that art was long lost, and it was FINALLY found. Spookies avatar was my first avatar coming here, but a cheap crappy version. To celebrate the release of Soul Hackers, I put on a nice, fresh new one.

Now, Shadow Maya is badass, but Spookies Ghost is just awesome. HALP.

Sophia

It is better to play Fate/Stay Night for the full story, but seeing as how the first story rotue is god awful compared to the two awesome ones, you can usually just start with Fate/Zero.

Even though you're not suppose to. But whatever. Fate/Zero is totally amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom