• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
This is what I told you too, even though all I've seen is Fate/Zero.

Yeah, the way most people talk about it, it sounds like it's quality supersedes it's medium; like it doesn't matter that it's anime.

Like, Breaking Bad is probably the best crime-drama I've seen, but I don't tell people that when I'm talking to them about it. It's one of the best stories I've experienced. Period.

I hope they bring back ME McGlynn when Arise is inevitably dubbed.

Which reminds me, I listened to that Amanda Winn-Lee interview. She seems super cool snd sounds like a ton of fun.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Yeah, the way most people talk about it, it sounds like it's quality supersedes it's medium; like it doesn't matter that it's anime.

Like, Breaking Bad is probably the best crime-drama I've seen, but I don't tell people that when I'm talking to them about it. It's one of the best stories I've experienced. Period.

Which reminds me, I listened to that Amanda Winn-Lee interview. She seems super cool snd sounds like a ton of fun.
It's good, but not that good. If you want something like this:
Watch Hyouka, Kenya Boy, and Kuuchuu Buranko. To start off with.

Squire

Banned
buddha0991

Inorigo

Jintor

FluxWaveZ

Trigger

Deadpool940

cj_iwakura

Smedwicks

cjkeats

Meia

Sophia

That list isn't right.

Actual wall of shame:

buddha0991 1,121
Sophia 1,033
Dantis 1,018
jello44 763
Inorigo 726
Jintor 698
FluxWaveZ 557
Trigger 533
Deadpool940 484
cj_iwakura 483

Squire

Banned
Wait, I'm #4? That can't be right...

pOJWYuk.jpg

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
buddha0991 1,121
Sophia 1,033
Dantis 1,018
jello44 764
Inorigo 727
Jintor 698
FluxWaveZ 557
Trigger 533

Your phone is stupid.

well it IS an iphone

Levito

Banned

It's a shining example of the medium and it's strengths, god damn now I want to watch it again.

Ditto.

Motoko looks a lot younger, so I'm not sure Mary will voice her again.

Link?

Astra

I use GAF mobile a lot, and think it's perfectly fine for browsing threads. The search function sucks, though. We can search in posts, but the results only display the thread itself, rather than the individual posts.

Squire

Banned
is her book boring as Yukiko

It sounds quite interesting. Her son had cancer as an infant. The book is about the fear that comes with that and coping with it. She says it has a very irreverent tone though. Apparently the first line is: "I fucking hated being pregnant." I'm actually somewhat interested to read it.

"Yukiko is boring" is PersonaGAF's equivalent of "Skyler is a bitch".

Oh my god it fucking is!

Marche90

The layout is god awful tho, and the full version works fine on most phones nowadays.

Not really, actually it just makes it more comfortable to use. Browsing the forum is awful without it.

Also, how do you pull the wall of shame in the main site? I couldn't find it, and the only way that I found to pull it out was using the mobile site. Also, those numbers that Inorigo posted are wrong, but I wonder why, since the function isn't busted, at least using it from a desktop browser (I checked the numbers this week)

Also, not suprised to see myself at #30. To be honest, I thought I would be lower, since I rarely post like you guys do.

Taruranto

It sounds quite interesting. Her son had cancer as an infant. The book is about the fear that comes with that and coping with it. She says it has a very irreverent tone though. Apparently the first line is: "I fucking hated being pregnant." I'm actually somewhat interested to read it.

That actually sounds pretty interesting.

Yukiko still boring though.

Sophia

Also, how do you pull the wall of shame in the main site? I couldn't find it, and the only way that I found to pull it out was using the mobile site. Also, those numbers that Inorigo posted are wrong, but I wonder why, since the function isn't busted, at least using it from a desktop browser (I checked the numbers this week)

You click the post count number in the thread. :p

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Not really, actually it just makes it more comfortable to use. Browsing the forum is awful without it.

Also, not suprised to see myself at #30. To be honest, I thought I would be lower, since I rarely post like you guys do.

Click the amount of posts the thread has and you can see who has posted and how many times.

Guess Who

Banned
I liked Yukiko's social link at first because I could relate to the feeling of being trapped in a small town and wanting to get away.

Then she was like "jk i'll live at the inn forever" and she lost all sympathy.

FluxWaveZ

I liked Yukiko's social link at first because I could relate to the feeling of being trapped in a small town and wanting to get away.

Then she was like "jk i'll live at the inn forever" and she lost all sympathy.

That makes little sense. The whole point of every S. Link in that game was for the characters to come to terms with their own inner demons and find their path, so that reductive phrase could be applied to all of them.

Guess Who

Banned
That makes little sense. The whole point of every S. Link in that game was for the characters to come to terms with their own inner demons and find their path, so that reductive phrase could be applied to all of them.

One, it was my first time through the game so I didn't know where they were taking the social links, and two, so what? I think it's not very interesting that the conclusion to the link is ultimately to maintain the status quo.

It's an extremely surface reading.

Well, yeah, I was simplifying intentionally. I know it's about how she has responsibilities to everyone in the inn and whatnot, but the point is that it stopped being personally relatable.

Risette

A Good Citizen
One, it was my first time through the game so I didn't know where they were taking the social links, and two, so what? I think it's not very interesting that the conclusion to the link is ultimately to maintain the status quo.
thats how real life is. . . .

Sophia

I can definitely relate to Yukiko's social link.

"I hate how the status quo is, I'm gonna reinvent myself and change it!"

.... and sudden realization of what you really have and can't afford to lose.

esoterika

Neo Member
Uh woah hi guys. Discovered NeoGAF through the slink FM podcast, only to find that I apparently made an account a year ago. I'm esoteric from the Atlus forums and the dude who makes the SMT piano arrangements over at my youtube account.

Anyways browsing the various threads and forums and thought I would say hi. Hope to be participating all threads Megaten.

cjkeats

Uh woah hi guys. Discovered NeoGAF through the slink FM podcast, only to find that I apparently made an account a year ago. I'm esoteric from the Atlus forums and the dude who makes the SMT piano arrangements over at my youtube account.

Anyways browsing the various threads and forums and thought I would say hi. Hope to be participating all threads Megaten.

Welcome! I'm CJ on the podcast. The anime one, not the other one.

PS: I believe you are the guy letting use use your music as our new theme? If so, THANK YOU. Awesome stuff.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Welcome Welcome.

Squire

Banned

Pay us, EviLore.

'Sup, duder? I'm Ron, if you heard me on the podcast at all.

Sophia

One of us, one of us....

Mononoke

Banned
I just beat Persona 4 in a week. I was really busy this past year, so I waited until summer to finally get it on Vita. And holy hell, the game was just as addicting as Persona 3.

I'm wondering if Arena is worth getting. I was kind of reading the basic plot on wiki, and thought it sounded iffy. I know it's a fighting game, was just curious how it compliments the story in 4 (if it's good in that sense).

Going to order the Animation on Blu Ray and plow through those.

Sophia

I'm startled that both Rin and Sakura are staring at me on the same page.

Yeah you may have noticed the "HOLY SHIT SOPHIA CHANGED HER AVATAR END OF THE WORLD AAAAH" talk earlier in this thread. :p

FSN avatars are so rare here, so I couldn't pass up the chance.

And hey, just be glad they're not grinning. :)

I can't believe I am still number 1

Dantis was actually ahead of me for a very short period of time there. This obviously wasn't acceptable. :p

cjkeats

I just beat Persona 4 in a week. I was really busy this past year, so I waited until summer to finally get it on Vita. And holy hell, the game was just as addicting as Persona 3.

I'm wondering if Arena is worth getting. I was kind of reading the basic plot on wiki, and thought it sounded iffy. I know it's a fighting game, was just curious how it compliments the story in 4 (if it's good in that sense).

Going to order the Animation on Blu Ray and plow through those.

Arena is great, just like your choice in avatar.
The anime is pretty iffy, but if you love 4, you'll have fun with it.

cj_iwakura

Yeah you may have noticed the "HOLY SHIT SOPHIA CHANGED HER AVATAR END OF THE WORLD AAAAH" talk earlier in this thread. :p

FSN avatars are so rare here, so I couldn't pass up the chance.

And hey, just be glad they're not grinning. :)

Could always use more Taiga.

B7sWr6e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom