• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Oh what the hell, thought it was the same poster with a double post above with the same bad looking anime girl avatar.

Edit: Ah crap, new page. I didn't ask for this.

cj_iwakura

GOD DAMN ANIME

image.php

GRR

Kou Ichijo? Am I supposed to keep track of all these strange funny looking japanese names? And the fuck is a "senpai"? From some converstations I'm gonna guess this is what you call people above you at school?

What kinda Samurai Warriors teas tryna teach me shit I don't care about.

So far:

+ Style
+ OST
+ Story
+ Day/Weather
- Combat
- Dungeon
- Too many dialogues

I see this is kinda Mother, but less boring.

Kou Ichijo? Am I supposed to keep track of all these strange funny looking japanese names? And the fuck is a "senpai"? From some converstations I'm gonna guess this is what you call people above you at school?

What kinda Samurai Warriors teas tryna teach me shit I don't care about.

So far:

+ Style
+ OST
+ Story
+ Day/Weather
- Combat
- Dungeon
- Too many dialogues

I see this is kinda Mother, but less boring.

If you're talking about Earthbound/Mother 3, boy, you best not start this.

Yep, Mother 3, it's the only Mother game I have played and good lordt was that a chore.

Is there some beef between Mother and Persona fans? lol

As far as I know there isn't any "beef" between Mother and Persona fans. My favorite two games in the world are Earthbound and Mother 3 respectively, but I also still love Persona 3 and 4.

But I would honestly say that calling Mother 3 a chore is a bit... crazy, at least in my opinion. That game, alongside having one of the best stories (at the least, in my opinion) in a video game, also has a good flow to it. In most cases, I hate traditional RPGs (Earthbound, Mother 3, and Persona 3/4 being the only ones I've actually cared about/liked enough to finish), but I've never felt like it was a chore to finish.

Hell, I would say that Mother 3 is much less of a chore than any Persona game (especially considering times for those games to complete). Of course, I get that it's just your opinion, but I have to defend one of my favorite games ever.

Is it okay to refuse/ignore some of the social link events?

As far as I know there isn't any "beef" between Mother and Persona fans. My favorite two games in the world are Earthbound and Mother 3 respectively, but I also still love Persona 3 and 4.

But I would honestly say that calling Mother 3 a chore is a bit... crazy, at least in my opinion. That game, alongside having one of the best stories (at the least, in my opinion) in a video game, also has a good flow to it. In most cases, I hate traditional RPGs (Earthbound, Mother 3, and Persona 3/4 being the only ones I've actually cared about/liked enough to finish), but I've never felt like it was a chore to finish.

Hell, I would say that Mother 3 is much less of a chore than any Persona game (especially considering times for those games to complete). Of course, I get that it's just your opinion, but I have to defend one of my favorite games ever.
The story and combated sucked imo, that's why I called Mother 3 a chore. I loved the setting though, modern day RPGs are kinda rare.

Persona 4 started out really slow, but now after 54 hours of X X X X X X X X X X the game is finally opening up.

Is it okay to refuse/ignore some of the social link events?

The story and combated sucked imo, that's why I called Mother 3 a chore. I loved the setting though, modern day RPGs are kinda rare.

Persona 4 started out really slow, but now after 54 hours of X X X X X X X X X X the game is finally opening up.

Hold up. Say what you will about Mother 3's gameplay, but the story js anything but bad. Heck, I'd go as far to say that it's better than 98% of all other games out there.

Also if you're playing Persona 4 as a mashfest then you've been cheating yourself out of an amazing experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom