• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omikaru

once again, the persona series consists of more than just persona 3 and persona 4 (and persona 3 FES and persona 3 portable and persona 4 golden and persona 4 arena and persona 4 the tv series and persona 3 the movies)

There are Persona games I don't like either. Well, just the one: Persona 1. I don't come into this thread and make snide remarks about it and the people who do like it, or incessantly moan about the fact that the first Persona just hasn't aged gracefully.

With that in mind, what makes you think you can constantly bang the drum about how much you pretend to hate P3 and P4 and all the spinoff media so much without adding anything to the discussion? Because that's pretty much all you do in this thread.

There are Persona games I don't like either. Well, just the one: Persona 1. I don't come into this thread and make snide remarks about it and the people who do like it, or incessantly moan about the fact that the first Persona just hasn't aged gracefully.

With that in mind, what makes you think you can constantly bang the drum about how much you pretend to hate P3 and P4 and all the spinoff media so much without adding anything to the discussion? Because that's pretty much all you do in this thread.

Bu bu bu bu but Omi you're on NeoGAF you're supposed to hate on everything.

i don't do that though?

*shrug*

I disagree. Atlus generally make solid games, and P1 and P2 are no exception. They're much more standard in terms of design relative to P3 and P4, but they're still well built and have a kind of retro charm to them.

dr-shaq.gif

You just said a rational statement. Dantis is the voice of reason, we have truly reached on odd time.

No I don't actually like Persona 1 at all. Nope. It was all a lie. I am all a lie. I am Ghost Dad.

Meia

Ok, super cereal question:

Want to play persona 4 arena, don't have a fighting stick. Is there any cheap ways to go with this?

Sophia

Want to play persona 4 arena, don't have a fighting stick. Is there any cheap ways to go with this?

P4A is perfectly playable on the Dualshock 3. It's timing for specials is very lenient. Only issue you might have is your thumb hurting after awhile. :p

FluxWaveZ

Fight sticks do not make someone better at a fighting game. In fact, if one is not used to them, it will be significantly harder to play with a fight stick as you take time to get used to it. A lot of people play with them because that's the control method they are used to, but there are plenty of competitive players who play with a pad.

it's not our job to educate you

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I suppose this means I've established dominance. :D

There are entire pages where me, buddha, and Dantis go at discussing the series. When we get into it, no detail is spared.

Probably helps that I'm a robot, Dantis is insane, and buddha is a ghost tho. :p

You are not a robot, Dantis is not craycray and buddha is a living person.

You're just not dedicated enough!

I'm trying sempai.

You need to make more non-Persona related posts and also never sleep.

i'm gonna start rewatching mighty max. i don't really remember much about it except like one episode with brain-eating slugs and one that involved Kali, and the final episode which was all kinds of messed up. i mean obvs it won't hold up to my childhood memories, because it is a cartoon based on merchandise, but you know, whatever.

Sophia

You are not a robot, Dantis is not craycray and buddha is a living person.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. Hold up there, I was actually being serious with that one. Dantis is nuts. In a good way mind you. :D

Indeed, that seems to be the secret.

For what it's worth. I try to stay on topic as much as possible. However I'm an obsessive-compulsive know it all and other people go off topic often... D:

This is kind of lame. I beat P3P last week on my Vita. I recently found out P3 FES is on PSN right after I finished P3P. I check out the price on my PS3 and the game is $5... That's 3x how much I paid for P3P. Downloading it now. Maybe I'll get around to playing it in a couple of years if I allow myself to forget some of the finer details of the game over time.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. Hold up there, I was actually being serious with that one. Dantis is nuts.

that's not very nice. sure he's got some funny ideas about japanimes, but the kid's gonna be alright.

This is kind of lame. I beat P3P last week on my Vita. I recently found out P3 FES is on PSN right after I finished P3P. I check out the price on my PS3 and the game is $5... That's 3x how much I paid for P3P. Downloading it now. Maybe I'll get around to playing it in a couple of years if I allow myself to forget some of the finer details of the game over time.

you could just try loading up The Answer and playing that.

Sophia

that's not very nice. sure he's got some funny ideas about japanimes, but the kid's gonna be alright.

Being crazy is the first step to being Crazy Awesome.

Well, the PSN version does have a number of issues, so you may have dodged a bullet there.

Oh yea, I also had a better time with The Answer than The Journey. Not kidding there. My opinion is more correct and truthful than all of yours is the name of the game some play here anyways ;)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
i'm gonna start rewatching mighty max. i don't really remember much about it except like one episode with brain-eating slugs and one that involved Kali, and the final episode which was all kinds of messed up. i mean obvs it won't hold up to my childhood memories, because it is a cartoon based on merchandise, but you know, whatever.

AKA Polly Pocket for Boys.

Dantis

You need to make more non-Persona related posts and also never sleep.

Speaking of non-Persona related posts, I just watched the trailer for The Great Gatsby (I have like fifteen pages left to read of the book) and it seems... off? Everything seems so bright and grand, but I felt like in the book it's just Gatsby who has this extravagance.

I kind of feel compelled to see the film now though. DiCaprio seems like perfect casting for Gatsby at least, though I'm not sure how I feel about everyone else.

Speaking of non-Persona related posts, I just watched the trailer for The Great Gatsby (I have like fifteen pages left to read of the book) and it seems... off? Everything seems so bright and grand, but I felt like in the book it's just Gatsby who has this extravagance.

I kind of feel compelled to see the film now though. DiCaprio seems like perfect casting for Gatsby at least, though I'm not sure how I feel about everyone else.

they're likening the jazz age to modern hip hop culture, which is why gatsby's parties look like a hip hop music video. whether or not they were successful is up for debate (i haven't seen it yet). a lot of folks have pointed out that all the flash in the movie is sort of missing the point of the book so.

Trigger

You're far from the only one to feel this way. The movie was awful for other reasons though.

that's like...the opposite...of what Great...Gatsby...is...supposed....oh Hollywood.

like i was thinking that maybe it was intentional misdirection on his part, but like, who would he be misdirecting? children under the age of sixteen who haven't read the book yet? could he have really missed the point that badly? (but then i remembered romeo and juliet is generally viewed by folks as ~epic romance of true love~ and not "holy shit teenagers are dumb as hell")

spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom